Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
"Aggressively Organic" growing method? Toplef10"Aggressively Organic" growing method? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

"Aggressively Organic" growing method? I22gcj10"Aggressively Organic" growing method? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello Usman from Pakistan
by AtlantaMarie Today at 6:10 am

» Hello from southern Wisconsin
by AtlantaMarie Today at 6:07 am

» Succession seed sowing now
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:30 pm

» N&C Midwest: August 2020
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:22 pm

» Stroke - Country Naturals
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 7:28 pm

» Cheerleaders needed, please. This is daunting.
by mollyhespra Yesterday at 2:19 pm

» Almost 68, and this is a new one on me !!!!
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:06 pm

» SFG Journey: Beneficial nematodes experiment
by has55 Yesterday at 1:01 pm

» New England, August, 2020
by SFGHQSTAFF Yesterday at 4:18 am

» Newbie SFGer in N. Virginia needing some advice
by SFGHQSTAFF Yesterday at 3:19 am

» Tomato Mosaic Virus...Fearing the Worst :(
by AuntieBeth 8/3/2020, 9:15 pm

» Earwigs 2.0!
by OhioGardener 8/3/2020, 2:52 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 8/3/2020, 12:56 pm

» N&C Midwest—July 2020
by Scorpio Rising 8/3/2020, 12:40 pm

» Tomato Problems - Help!
by Dan in Ct 8/3/2020, 8:33 am

» Tampa newbie
by funnygroundhog 8/3/2020, 8:07 am

» The SFG journey-Overview of the Redesign Compost Tea Brewer
by has55 8/2/2020, 10:35 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by Scorpio Rising 8/2/2020, 8:03 pm

» August Avatar: Beat The Heat!
by Scorpio Rising 8/2/2020, 9:01 am

» Pull Bean Plants to Pick Beans?
by Scorpio Rising 8/2/2020, 9:00 am

» Safety of cardboard in compost
by sanderson 8/1/2020, 7:59 pm

» Staking Eggplants and Peppers
by sanderson 8/1/2020, 7:46 pm

» Tom Thumb
by sanderson 8/1/2020, 7:19 pm

» What's next? - August
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 4:47 pm

» Tomato Tuesday - 2020
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 4:40 pm

» Sprouts and Microgreens
by LilBittyBean 8/1/2020, 4:14 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 2:37 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 8/1/2020, 11:29 am

» Greetings all!
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 8:58 am

» Greetings from Northern Virginia
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 8:55 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

"Aggressively Organic" growing method?

Go down

"Aggressively Organic" growing method? Empty "Aggressively Organic" growing method?

Post  No_Such_Reality on 7/18/2018, 1:05 pm

Scrolling through facebook which courtesy of my heavy pruning and reporting of advertisements now is dominated by variously gardening related content I came across this new product.  https://aggressivelyorganic.com

Kind of a square foot static hydroponic set up. The basic set up is nine boxes (roughly 1 squarefoot), the led light and planting mixes. Rather expensive.

i may blow some money and experiement.  Overall I'm not a super fan of hydro systems as i have a mental block that its similar to a kid only eating mac n cheese. 

after seeing it any thoughts?
No_Such_Reality

Male Posts : 664

Back to top Go down

"Aggressively Organic" growing method? Empty Re: "Aggressively Organic" growing method?

Post  sanderson on 7/18/2018, 3:48 pm

If you order it, keep us posted. Will you be using it indoors or outdoors?

I have to chuckle at their Mission Statement. "The Aggressively Organic Mission: End Food Insecurity in Our Lifetime."

That's like The SFG Organization MS: "solve world hunger one square at a time"

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 19135

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

"Aggressively Organic" growing method? Empty Re: "Aggressively Organic" growing method?

Post  Turan on 7/20/2018, 2:53 pm

So it is basically like growing celery and green onions and basil in a jar of water on the window sill?

It does not sound much like what I think of as organic, which has to do with the ecology of the soil etc.  But it sounds interesting if there is enough light for apartment dwellers, or my son teaching in the Arctic.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2601

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 7/20/2018, 5:17 pm

Interesting!
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7682

Back to top Go down

Post  grenaissance on 10/23/2018, 6:55 pm

@Turan wrote:So it is basically like growing celery and green onions and basil in a jar of water on the window sill?

It does not sound much like what I think of as organic, which has to do with the ecology of the soil etc.  But it sounds interesting if there is enough light for apartment dwellers, or my son teaching in the Arctic.
Have you been to their website and read through what they have accomplished?
Take a look at their Facebook posts to see how well informed and established they are. You very well could be surprised. They are very serious and are gaining a lot of success.
grenaissance
grenaissance

Male Posts : 19

https://www.facebook.com/gardeningrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post  grenaissance on 10/23/2018, 6:58 pm

@sanderson wrote:If you order it, keep us posted.  Will you be using it indoors or outdoors?

I have to chuckle at their Mission Statement.  "The Aggressively Organic Mission: End Food Insecurity in Our Lifetime."

That's like The SFG Organization MS: "solve world hunger one square at a time"
We will be ordering several of them to do Indoor Community Urban Gardens! The success and business model is very strong. The compassion they have for helping school children learn to grow food using Aggressively Organic Pods' is unlike most of what we have seen in several years when it comes to efforts of kids learning where there food comes from and how easy it is to grow it.
grenaissance
grenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post  grenaissance on 10/23/2018, 7:05 pm

@No_Such_Reality wrote:Scrolling through facebook which courtesy of my heavy pruning and reporting of advertisements now is dominated by variously gardening related content I came across this new product.  https://aggressivelyorganic.com

Kind of a square foot static hydroponic set up. The basic set up is nine boxes (roughly 1 squarefoot), the led light and planting mixes. Rather expensive.

i may blow some money and experiement.  Overall I'm not a super fan of hydro systems as i have a mental block that its similar to a kid only eating mac n cheese. 

after seeing it any thoughts?
'Hydro systems'? Please explain more in detail what you are referring to here in your statement. As we are always trying to learn from others we are interested in knowing just how Aggressively Organics Pods are like any other system you may have encountered or witnessed first hand. Have you had any success with  any of those 'hydro' systems in the past?
When you refer to 'rather expensive' what kind of $$ qualify for you in that range that make Aggressively Organic fall into that category for you?

We ask these questions not as an attack or negative response! We truly want to know just exactly what you think of the product as we have people that are looking for additional methods of growing food all the time; we want to wisely advise them to what others consider to be positive and negative mediums of FOOD SECURITY!
grenaissance
grenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan on 10/23/2018, 7:48 pm

@grenaissance wrote:
@Turan wrote:So it is basically like growing celery and green onions and basil in a jar of water on the window sill?

Take a look at their Facebook posts to see how well informed and established they are. You very well could be surprised. They are very serious and are gaining a lot of success.

Yes I did look through their website, and no, I do not think what they are doing is what I would term 'organic. I can see a useful niche for people with out access to soil gardening. I think the website is overly hyped, but I tend to skepticism and disbelief when some one says 'no bugs and risks that come with dirt', I just laugh and leave.

Turan
Turan

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 10/24/2018, 2:51 am

@Turan wrote:
@grenaissance wrote:

Yes I did look through their website, and no, I do not think what they are doing is what I would term 'organic.  I can see a useful niche for people with out access to soil gardening. I think the website is overly hyped, but I tend to skepticism and disbelief when some one says 'no bugs and risks that come with dirt', I just laugh and leave.
+1 Antithesis of SFG

sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver on 10/24/2018, 9:54 am

trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5327

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener on 10/24/2018, 10:47 am

It would seem that a greenhouse, using natural daylight, would be a lot more practical than using an enclosed, sealed container.

Never plant without a bucket of compost at your side.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver on 10/24/2018, 11:52 am

@OhioGardener wrote:

It would seem that a greenhouse, using natural daylight, would be a lot more practical than using an enclosed, sealed container.
These containers can be used in the far north among Canada's Inuit people. A greenhouse would not be practical in such a situation with short days and 24 hours of darkness in some months.

Here is an example
https://www.fastcompany.com/40479665/these-cold-weather-container-farms-let-the-arctic-grow-fresh-produce
trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5327

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan on 10/24/2018, 4:04 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:
@OhioGardener wrote:

These containers can be used in the far north among Canada's Inuit people. A greenhouse would not be practical in such a situation with short days and 24 hours of darkness in some months.

Here is an example
https://www.fastcompany.com/40479665/these-cold-weather-container-farms-let-the-arctic-grow-fresh-produce

That is the niche I was thinking of as well.
As far as the OP product, perhaps it can work as a home unit, much like that system you were trying out a year or so ago that had lights incorporated. I wonder how any of these are for long term use.

Turan
Turan

Back to top Go down

Post  No_Such_Reality on 10/24/2018, 5:15 pm

Can one of the admins check the IP connections of the grenaissance account?   The account hasn't posted since 2012, then pops back up and seems very paid promo on what was a old idle topic.

And in case grenaissance is back and just really positive about their new endeavors I would love to hear more about the plans for the AO in the school.  And how your last gardening adventure went that you mentioned six years ago before leaving.
No_Such_Reality

Male Posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 10/24/2018, 5:48 pm

The one thing I missed on our north States road trip was fresh greens. California can spoil a person. Wink I agree for far north latitudes, an artificial indoor set up could help with raw food nutrition.

sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  grenaissance on 10/24/2018, 10:23 pm

@No_Such_Reality wrote:Can one of the admins check the IP connections of the grenaissance account?   The account hasn't posted since 2012, then pops back up and seems very paid promo on what was a old idle topic.

And in case grenaissance is back and just really positive about their new endeavors I would love to hear more about the plans for the AO in the school.  And how your last gardening adventure went that you mentioned six years ago before leaving.
Thanks for the inquiry and seeking us out above everyone else that left a comment on this topic.
We are back and we are not doing any paid promo. We believe in sharing information that impacts lives to grow food for themselves. Thanks again for asking someone to prove who we are

Certain if we were to ask about your last 6 years of life you could say the same No_Such_Reality.
The reality is the passion for growing food for humans who are insecure in their healthy choices of that food remain and will always be the priority of Gardening Renaissance.

Try inbox or PM us here if you want more details and require more explanations.
Go see our FB page and other social media pages that we have linked herein our profile. Thanks
grenaissance
grenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post  grenaissance on 10/24/2018, 10:30 pm

@sanderson wrote:
@Turan wrote:
@grenaissance wrote:

Yes I did look through their website, and no, I do not think what they are doing is what I would term 'organic.  I can see a useful niche for people with out access to soil gardening. I think the website is overly hyped, but I tend to skepticism and disbelief when some one says 'no bugs and risks that come with dirt', I just laugh and leave.
+1  Antithesis of SFG
Thanks for sharing your insight and opinion. We know many are skeptical when it comes to new methods and proven success. they said the same thing about Mel when he started SFG. They said the same about alot of things like this. Skepticism is healthy and very much needed in our society. When we don't investigate beyond our initial thoughts and preconceived ideas on a matter we tend to dismiss them and have a not so favorable comment to put to the next person who inquires. We all can't solve the hunger issues in our worlds no matter the size of that world, by ourselves. We have never been intended to do it that way. We have been made to work together to help those who can't help themselves. SFGF promotes that all around the world. Let's keep doing it here.
grenaissance
grenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum