Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by sanderson Today at 12:00 am

» Senseless Banter...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Compost not hot
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/15/2024, 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising 4/4/2024, 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 4/1/2024, 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  OhioGardener 3/14/2020, 3:45 pm

Mid-60's yesterday, 37°F and 4" of snow today. 

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4504

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 3/14/2020, 4:05 pm

OhioGardener wrote:Mid-60's yesterday, 37°F and 4" of snow today. 

Yuk! Shocked
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/14/2020, 4:43 pm

Warm and sunny for a change.  Not overcast today but will be overcast most of  next week.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mollyhespra 3/14/2020, 6:02 pm

Unseasonably "warm" in the high 30s and sunny! sunny
mollyhespra
mollyhespra

Female Posts : 1087

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/15/2020, 8:34 pm

So, it got up to 52, rained some, then the sun came out. sunny

THEN, it got so dark we had to turn on the lights (4pm), the temp started dropping so fast we started a fire in the wood stove. lots o

The hail came down in bucketfuls, temp dropped below 40, hail turned to snow -- which stuck since it was landing on ice balls instead of warm ground. Thunder, lightning -- right on top of us -- rattled the windows. hiding

Then, it all went away, the sun came out, and the temp started back up again as if nothing had happened. Is Mother Nature crazy or what? crazy!

Here's the deck, covered in snow/hail.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 Deckha10

Poor turkeys. Sad 
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 Turkey15
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/15/2020, 8:53 pm

countrynaturals wrote: Is Mother Nature crazy or what? crazy!

I think she ran out of Prozac!

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  mollyhespra 3/15/2020, 9:19 pm

countrynaturals wrote:So, it got up to 52, rained some, then the sun came out. sunny

THEN, it got so dark we had to turn on the lights (4pm), the temp started dropping so fast we started a fire in the wood stove. lots o

The hail came down in bucketfuls, temp dropped below 40, hail turned to snow -- which stuck since it was landing on ice balls instead of warm ground. Thunder, lightning -- right on top of us -- rattled the windows. hiding

Then, it all went away, the sun came out, and the temp started back up again as if nothing had happened. Is Mother Nature crazy or what? crazy!

Here's the deck, covered in snow/hail.

Poor turkeys. Sad 

HOLY COW!!! I thought our weather was kooky but yours takes the prize!

mollyhespra
mollyhespra

Female Posts : 1087

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/19/2020, 5:02 pm

Warm weather with plenty of rain.  1.5" yesterday, and another 1.25" so far today - still raining for another hour or so.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/20/2020, 9:17 am

3 nice days, then mostly rain for the rest of the month. We're still in deficit, so I can't complain, and I still haven't started the rest of my seeds, so that's on me. Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/21/2020, 10:25 am

We are rainy rainy rainy...flooding near Columbus and towards Athens yesterday—crazy!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8703

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/21/2020, 10:38 am

What a difference a day makes!  Yesterday it was 70°F, and I had the cold frame open to harden off the seedlings. Today is 30°F, and everything is closed up tight.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/21/2020, 2:48 pm

Absolutely perfect, here. alrighta
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  SusanTheWriter 3/23/2020, 2:50 pm

Cold! It's about 42 and that's the high for the day. It's been rainy and drizzle and sleety and generally unpleasant for the past few days, as well. 10 day forecast says it should warm up a bit this weekend, but no guarantees.
SusanTheWriter
SusanTheWriter

Female Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 3/23/2020, 5:16 pm

We have had three days of fantastic spring sunny weather..  Pity I'm grounded because of health risks for 12 weeks minimum because of the Corona virus spreading like a hurricane driven range fire here in Great Britain .

Stay safe folk . Tonight at 20.00 hrs  23/ march 2020 we have some very  serious legally enforceable , " Stay in your homes "  info from our Prime Minister Boris Johnson & his world leading teams of advisors .   This Corona virus ain't taking any prisoners it's very very contagious & deadly . 

At least with our fully enclosed back garden  I can do ANSFG in a few days time when I've finally finished putting in all seven internal replacement wooden English white ash window cills & making good the walls & paint work where to old plastic once were removed when we had triple UPVC glazing & a new front door put in mid February this year .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/25/2020, 5:32 pm

Having a garden helps with the cabin fever. Sunny, cloudy, rainy, dry, windy, calm, here. Sounds like typical spring weather. Some of the seedlings are ready to plant but the soil is still too cold. idk

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21531

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/25/2020, 6:03 pm

sanderson wrote:Having a garden helps with the cabin fever.  

Absolutely right!  Spent the entire afternoon out working on the gardens. All of the Kale, Chard, and Spinach is planted and growing great. Planted half of the onion seedlings today - the other half are too small yet, and need another week or two to mature before planting. Already eating radishes and leaf lettuce out of the bed.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/25/2020, 8:06 pm

sanderson wrote:Having a garden helps with the cabin fever.  Sunny, cloudy, rainy, dry, windy, calm, here.  Sounds like typical spring weather.  Some of the seedlings are ready to plant but the soil is still too cold. idk
That's what's happening here, too. It was nice and sunny until 4:30pm, when it suddenly turned cold, dark, and windy. I put the chickens to bed early, brought in some firewood, and the seedlings I've been taking out and bringing in every day. I just barely got all that done when the rain started. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 34 43549
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 3/26/2020, 4:37 pm

sanderson wrote:Having a garden helps with the cabin fever.  Sunny, cloudy, rainy, dry, windy, calm, here.  Sounds like typical spring weather.  Some of the seedlings are ready to plant but the soil is still too cold. idk
 In weather like this harden them off for several days by putting them out in the sun for a few hours and bringing them in before the temperatures drop too much .
 I've hung back from sowing anything as I've had my hands full for much of the last six weeks replacing all the old plastic window cills with clear varnished  white English ash & making good the walls & match painting  where I've sanded down the filler etc . 

Alison has been out developing her tan weeding the raised beds ready for me to turn them over and start sowing the onion sets and get a few small outside seed bed strips going .  I'll also be raising indoors & in the glasshouse
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/26/2020, 5:39 pm

sanderson wrote:Having a garden helps with the cabin fever.  

The problem now is that the weather has been so absolutely beautiful, and the "Stay at home" order has gone on for so long, that we are running out of things we can do in the garden. Wink 

I have all of frost-resistant plants already planted. Today I cut down the cover crops to start them decomposing, and cleaned up the area around the raised beds to have them ready for summer. Sat down of the bench and looked over everything, and said to myself, "Self, there isn't anything else that needs to be done right now...."  Very Happy

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 3/27/2020, 8:59 pm

If it's warm enough then now is the time for contemplating and not working . 
 When my lass had a couple of miscarriages & I'd become disabled she did everything , then one day whilst driving home along the freeway at 70 mph suddenly found she got double vision ,  had difficulty deciding which view to follow.

She was able to drive to the nearest hospital who gave her an emergency brain scan & kept her in over night , putting the event down to extreme stress. 
 She was given all manner of drugs to dope her mind & reduce the stress ( in fact they appeared to make things worse ).

That's when I took over , despite me struggling to walk I got her to walk with me as far as a big lump of concrete at the bottom of the garden and sit in the sun & left her there whilst I went elsewhere to sit and start training my young gundog to sit , stay , come,  fetch,  go left /right etc. etc.

During these training sessions I noticed a big change in Al for the better , she'd started to deeply engage with nature noticing all manner of little things such as watching a spider making it's web , seeing how ants climbed plants to milk aphids of honeydew etc.  The concrete block became christened as her contemplating stone ..she still refers to it twenty years later.

It taught both of us that you need to find somewhere to go in body & mind so you can remove yourself from stress in your life for a simple 5 minutes of " Me time" each day (with your TV , computer &  cell phone turned off).

We now have a frog stone in our garden .. so we can sit on it like a frog to become a prince or princess as we switch our minds off and contemplate the beauty of nature around us .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/27/2020, 11:21 pm

Beautiful story, Plantoid. Thank you for sharing. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/28/2020, 10:21 am

Three more days of winter/spring, then it will be summer for at least a week. I'll check then to see if I can trust it to be real. We have had snow in April around here. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/30/2020, 9:32 am

countrynaturals wrote:Three more days of winter/spring, then it will be summer for at least a week. I'll check then to see if I can trust it to be real. We have had snow in April around here. Rolling Eyes
Weather folks changed their minds -- 10 more days of winter/spring. crazy!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/30/2020, 9:36 am

We were in Spring mode for the past week or so, but a cold front came through yesterday and returned us to the very cool weather.  Went from the high 60's and low 70's, down to the mid-40's. Typical Ohio weather.  If you don't like the weather here, just wait 15 minutes and it will change.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 4/2/2020, 4:40 am

It's been delightful. Since I planted out the tomatoes, eggplants and peppers, so of course it's changing to windy and chilly. Shocked

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21531

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next