Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Toplef10diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes I22gcj10diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Toplef10diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes I22gcj10diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:20 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 7/20/2024, 11:02 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by OhioGardener 7/19/2024, 8:55 am

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

» Hi from Lapeer Michigan
by Scorpio Rising 7/18/2024, 10:49 am

» Mel's Mix
by OhioGardener 7/16/2024, 1:40 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 7/14/2024, 2:28 pm

» Baker Creek Heirloom Whole Seed Catalog Pre-Order
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 4:00 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 1:01 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 7/9/2024, 2:23 pm

» Wasabi Radish
by markqz 7/8/2024, 10:14 pm

» Check out your local (seed) library !
by OhioGardener 7/8/2024, 11:45 am

» YIKES! I'm hosting uninvited guests in my squash...
by tappingmom 7/3/2024, 9:43 am

» Baked Eggplant
by OhioGardener 7/2/2024, 7:45 am

» N&C Midwest—June 2024
by nrstooge 7/1/2024, 7:48 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 7/1/2024, 5:54 am

» Epic Gardening "Master Class on Square Food Gardening"
by sanderson 6/26/2024, 10:03 pm

» Growing Tomatoes in 6" of soil?
by sanderson 6/25/2024, 4:21 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by markqz 6/25/2024, 2:42 pm

» Frequency/amount to water
by OhioGardener 6/22/2024, 5:34 pm

» Rhubarb Tom Collins
by DonP 6/19/2024, 2:10 pm

» Change email address
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 2:00 am

» Howdy from San Diego, CA
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 12:49 am

» Getting Started
by Turan 6/18/2024, 12:58 pm

» Turan's Garden Western Mountains and Plains
by Scorpio Rising 6/18/2024, 11:49 am

» Question about replenishing squares after harvest
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 6/17/2024, 12:14 am

» My NWA garden
by Guinevere 6/13/2024, 11:13 am

» creating grids
by plantoid 6/13/2024, 6:42 am

» SFG jOURNEY-What's Hiding in your organic fertilizer
by has55 6/13/2024, 12:40 am

» Got zucchini? Toot your own horn!
by MrBooker 6/12/2024, 5:19 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

An excellent read for those with Diabetes

+5
countrynaturals
RoOsTeR
Scorpio Rising
CapeCoddess
Ginger Blue
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Ginger Blue 3/28/2017, 10:16 am

Some years ago, having settled into a sedentary lifestyle, with poor eating habits, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. By making radical changes in my diet and adding exercise to my daily routine, I dropped an enormous amount of weight and pushed the disease into remission.

However, over the last two years, while navigating several significant life changes, I've slipped back into a less healthy attitude and diabetes has raised its head, again.  I'm not back at "square one," but I'm awfully close and my body has been pitching a fit.  It's time for a reboot.  Enter this fantastic book from Dr. Joel Fuhrman:

https://www.amazon.com/End-Diabetes-Live-Prevent-Reverse/dp/0062219987/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490705060&sr=8-1&keywords=end+of+diabetes

Beyond recipes and sample meal plans, the information in these pages provides scientific insight into how and why specific foods impact the diabetic body; though it's of most value to those with Type 2 diabetes, Type 1 diabetics are not left out and may also find it beneficial.  It's worth note that while the book focuses on diabetes management or reversal through lifestyle, Dr. Fuhrman is adamant that changes in treatment involving medication be managed and monitored by the patient's doctor.

So, why am I touting the book on this forum?  Because I'm passionate about being healthy and self-sufficient, about growing my own "clean" food and encouraging others to do the same. This morning, for the first time in months, I woke up feeling optimistic and hopeful about my health. I know I can do this...I've done it before and I can do it again...even better!  Armed with fresh knowledge of how diet impacts my body, I'm going to get active, expand my garden and reduce my waistline.

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 1787710427

Save

Save
Ginger Blue
Ginger Blue

Female Posts : 281
Join date : 2016-06-02
Location : New Hampshire, Zone 4

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  CapeCoddess 3/28/2017, 2:22 pm

I love Dr. Furhman!  He's my healthy eating guru. I bought his first book, Eat to Live, when it first came out and it changed my life & health...for the better.  I love you  I've read every book since, and reread some just to be reminded.  
Very wise man.  

Good luck with your pre-diabetes.  I know lots of folks who have gotten rid of pre and full blown type 2 thru diet.  And like you said, you did it before and can do it again!
okay
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 68
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/28/2017, 9:40 pm

I would join you GB, goal: Health.  It is about health.

Method:  Move more, eat more veggies, fruits, plant centered meals.   Meats and starch should be sides.  Good thing we are gardeners....Lol

How can we stay accountable?  Is this Boot Camp ?  YES!  Get on board!

Rooster, help?
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8798
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 62
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  RoOsTeR 3/29/2017, 8:02 am

Scorpio Rising wrote:I would join you GB, goal: Health.  It is about health.

Method:  Move more, eat more veggies, fruits, plant centered meals.   Meats and starch should be sides.  Good thing we are gardeners....Lol

How can we stay accountable?  Is this Boot Camp ?  YES!  Get on board!

Rooster, help?


I'm in the MORE PROTEIN!! boot camp cyclops

I do eat plenty of veggies, and some fruits, but I'm all about protein and getting those carbs down, or at least trying to balance them out with as much fiber as possible.
But I'm not very informed on diabetic needs and diet, so my methods and needs may be different.
I work on a calorie deficit, and once I hit all my macros (or close) for the day, I fill in any calorie surplus with either protein or carbs depending on time of day or level of physical activity. Usually focus is protein!

____________________________

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316
Join date : 2011-10-04
Location : Colorado Front Range

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Ginger Blue 3/29/2017, 1:32 pm

CC, thank you for the vote of confidence; your encouragement means a lot to me! I'm glad you're in my corner!

SR and Rooster, you're both right!  More veggies and protein = success.  According to Dr. Fuhrman, here's the catch for diabetics: just like there are good carbs and bad carbs, there's good protein and bad protein. I didn't know that before.

Learning this is revolutionary for me; it explains a lot about my previous attempt to overcome the disease.  Upon diagnosis, I immediately dropped all bad carbs from my diet, increased the good ones, as well as protein. What I didn't know, was that I needed to greatly diminish my meat intake and ramp up on vegetable-based protein.

Because I was eating "better" and exercising every day, I lost a lot of weight.  Most of the aches and pains I associated with getting older, disappeared, and daily headaches went away.  But months in, even though I looked better and wasn't in pain, I still didn't feel good. At some point I realized I wasn't feeling the way I thought I should, given the positive changes I'd made.  The kicker is: my doctor agreed, but was just as puzzled as I was; she couldn't help me.  Eventually, I caved to stress and started eating junk again...

I'm excited because being aware that vegetable-based protein may be the key I was missing, I can easily incorporate it, going forward. For a fraction of the price I would pay for organic produce at the market, I will expand my garden to grow the exact greens, legumes, and other vegetables my body needs for optimum health, without relying on medication.

So, yes SR, it's a good thing we're gardeners!  cheers

Save
Ginger Blue
Ginger Blue

Female Posts : 281
Join date : 2016-06-02
Location : New Hampshire, Zone 4

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Type II Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/10/2017, 3:27 pm

Sorry, I can't find the thread about diabetes. Embarassed I have to be careful what I eat, but Hubby has it really bad. He's on meds that aren't working very well. We are both trying to modify our diet, but it isn't easy. Here are a few goodies we've come up with:

Eat tuna salad and egg salad with celery spears instead of making sandwiches.

Egg salad and cucumber chunks is really yummy.

Almond flour has only 6 carbs -- regular flour has 22 for the same size serving. Almond flour is outrageously expensive, however, and doesn't hold together well. If you use it in a regular recipe, reduce liquid by half and add an egg or just use it to "dilute" regular flour. After a failed experiment with biscuits, we're thinking it might work for peanut butter cookies, using Splenda. I'll let you know if it works.

Cauliflower is a great substitute for rice -- much lower in carbs and works great in recipes.

If you can't give up mashed potatoes, mix in half cauliflower. You'll never know the difference and you've just reduced carbs by almost 50%.

We're still looking for a decent pasta substitute, but haven't found anything worthy of mention, yet.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  CapeCoddess 4/10/2017, 4:18 pm

I'm loving the new quinoa and lentil pastas.  Not sure of the carb content but they have to be less than wheat pasta.

CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 68
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 4/10/2017, 4:45 pm

(I'm providing this info from a gluten-free perspective, rather than diabetes, but:)
Had Banza "Rotini made from Chickpeas" last night - pretty nice texture for non-wheat.
The back of the box says Banza has 43g net carbs vs 71 net carbs in 'average pasta.'
The other ingredients, besides chickpeas, are tapioca, pea protein, and xanthan gum.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440
Join date : 2016-04-11
Location : Centre Hall, PA Zone 5b/6a LF:5/11-FF:10/10

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  camprn 4/11/2017, 12:13 pm

this

____________________________

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books



diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14168
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Keene, NH, USA ~ Zone 5a

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/11/2017, 2:28 pm

If you crave sweets and novelty coffees, Hubby discovered Walden Farms Calorie Free Caramel Syrup. No carbs. It's anything but natural, but can help when comfort food is inevitable.

We are just getting started on this, so I am not well-informed at this point. Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/11/2017, 2:40 pm

Ginger Blue wrote:I'm excited because being aware that vegetable-based protein may be the key I was missing, I can easily incorporate it, going forward. For a fraction of the price I would pay for organic produce at the market, I will expand my garden to grow the exact greens, legumes, and other vegetables my body needs for optimum health, without relying on medication.
Some kinds of meds are great with no side effects. Diabetes meds - NOT SO MUCH!  Mad DH has gone through 3-4 already. Some gave him severe stomach aches, daily headaches, and nausea. One worked fine for a week, then did the opposite of what it was supposed to and raised his blood sugar to 290. That was scary. Shocked This new one is inconsistent and still has side effects. If we can get him off meds through diet and exercise, we will be very happy campers. Right now, he has a very deep hole to dig himself out of. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/15/2017, 9:42 pm

Ginger Blue wrote:Some years ago, having settled into a sedentary lifestyle, with poor eating habits, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. By making radical changes in my diet and adding exercise to my daily routine, I dropped an enormous amount of weight and pushed the disease into remission.

However, over the last two years, while navigating several significant life changes, I've slipped back into a less healthy attitude and diabetes has raised its head, again.  I'm not back at "square one," but I'm awfully close and my body has been pitching a fit.  It's time for a reboot.  Enter this fantastic book from Dr. Joel Fuhrman:

https://www.amazon.com/End-Diabetes-Live-Prevent-Reverse/dp/0062219987/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490705060&sr=8-1&keywords=end+of+diabetes

Beyond recipes and sample meal plans, the information in these pages provides scientific insight into how and why specific foods impact the diabetic body; though it's of most value to those with Type 2 diabetes, Type 1 diabetics are not left out and may also find it beneficial.  It's worth note that while the book focuses on diabetes management or reversal through lifestyle, Dr. Fuhrman is adamant that changes in treatment involving medication be managed and monitored by the patient's doctor.

So, why am I touting the book on this forum?  Because I'm passionate about being healthy and self-sufficient, about growing my own "clean" food and encouraging others to do the same. This morning, for the first time in months, I woke up feeling optimistic and hopeful about my health. I know I can do this...I've done it before and I can do it again...even better!  Armed with fresh knowledge of how diet impacts my body, I'm going to get active, expand my garden and reduce my waistline.

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 1787710427

Save

Save
My book just arrived. I am about to dig in. Thank you so much for putting me onto this. We really need a magic bullet, here. Fingers crossed this book will be the answer. diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 3170584802
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Ginger Blue 4/17/2017, 9:37 am

Yes, there is hope!  I'm so excited!  I believe you'll be on the right track if you apply what you learn and commit to lifestyle changes, long-term.

We're on this journey together! I'd love to hear your thoughts and follow your husband's progress, please keep me in the loop here or via PM.

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes 3170584802

GB

Save


Last edited by Ginger Blue on 4/17/2017, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Ginger Blue
Ginger Blue

Female Posts : 281
Join date : 2016-06-02
Location : New Hampshire, Zone 4

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Ginger Blue 4/17/2017, 9:42 am

BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:(I'm providing this info from a gluten-free perspective, rather than diabetes, but:)
Had Banza "Rotini made from Chickpeas" last night - pretty nice texture for non-wheat.
The back of the box says Banza has 43g net carbs vs 71 net carbs in 'average pasta.'
The other ingredients, besides chickpeas, are tapioca, pea protein, and xanthan gum.

Beetles, I really want to try this; where did you get it?
Ginger Blue
Ginger Blue

Female Posts : 281
Join date : 2016-06-02
Location : New Hampshire, Zone 4

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/17/2017, 12:17 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:I'm loving the new quinoa and lentil pastas.  Not sure of the carb content but they have to be less than wheat pasta.
Finally found one that I love, too. It's called "Healthy Noodle." We get it at Costco. Comes in a refrigerator packet, with a long expiration date. It does have some junk in it, so Fuhrman wouldn't approve, but it has no sugar, fat, cholesterol, gluten, and only 5g of carbs. It's an imported soy-based product. We're really trying on this program, but some things we'll have to kick down the road while we tackle the bigger issues, first. Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Avinash 4/18/2017, 3:43 am

Wonderful info GB and Good luck to you!
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  CapeCoddess 4/18/2017, 2:38 pm

How's everyone doing today?

I got the book out of the library again so I can read along with you all. Let me know if I can help at all because I've been doing Fuhrman for so long that it's second nature. I'm sure it has a lot to do with why my hip replacement is moving along so quickly. EVERYTHING is better!
I love you
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 68
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Scorpio Rising 4/18/2017, 8:45 pm

News to me, thanks for the info.  I need to make changes too....looks like a good read.   Will try to get it at the library!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8798
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 62
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/18/2017, 10:26 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:How's everyone doing today?

I got the book out of the library again so I can read along with you all.  Let me know if I can help at all because I've been doing Fuhrman for so long that it's second nature. I'm sure it has a lot to do with why my hip replacement is moving along so quickly.  EVERYTHING is better!
I love you
That is sooooo good to know. I'm sure to have a million questions as we get into this. Thanks, CC.  thanks
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/19/2017, 1:01 pm

After 48 hours of strict adherence, Hubby's blood sugar is down to 149, which is huge since he's been having horrendous side-effects to the meds he's on. Now that gawdawful pill can go away (we hope). He is also losing a little weight, which is also huge.  Very Happy
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  CapeCoddess 4/19/2017, 2:43 pm

Oh, that's wonderful news! cheers And it will only get better and better.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 68
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 4/19/2017, 8:38 pm

Ginger Blue wrote:
BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:(I'm providing this info from a gluten-free perspective, rather than diabetes, but:)
Had Banza "Rotini made from Chickpeas" last night - pretty nice texture for non-wheat.
The back of the box says Banza has 43g net carbs vs 71 net carbs in 'average pasta.'
The other ingredients, besides chickpeas, are tapioca, pea protein, and xanthan gum.

Beetles, I really want to try this; where did you get it?
Wegmans - ... but the closest one to you is in Massachusetts.
Banza's website suggests that stores near you that may carry it are Target and The Fresh Market.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440
Join date : 2016-04-11
Location : Centre Hall, PA Zone 5b/6a LF:5/11-FF:10/10

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Scorpio Rising 4/19/2017, 9:26 pm

countrynaturals wrote:After 48 hours of strict adherence, Hubby's blood sugar is down to 149, which is huge since he's been having horrendous side-effects to the meds he's on. Now that gawdawful pill can go away (we hope). He is also losing a little weight, which is also huge.  Very Happy
Only 48 hours????!!!!!!  Wow!  Then you are on your way to healing! :carrot flip:But don't change any meds without doctors orders....


Last edited by Scorpio Rising on 4/19/2017, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : doctors orders)
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8798
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 62
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/20/2017, 12:12 am

Scorpio Rising wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:After 48 hours of strict adherence, Hubby's blood sugar is down to 149, which is huge since he's been having horrendous side-effects to the meds he's on. Now that gawdawful pill can go away (we hope). He is also losing a little weight, which is also huge.  Very Happy
Only 48 hours????!!!!!!  Wow!  Then you are on your way to healing! :carrot flip:But don't change any meds without doctors orders....
He has  such awful reactions to the meds we had no choice but for him to stop taking them. This was his 3rd prescription -- only been on it a couple of weeks. The other 2 only lasted a few days to a week. One actually had the opposite effect and made his blood sugar go up. affraid We're monitoring him carefully. If his blood sugar starts going up again or if he starts feeling worse, we'll go right back to the doctor.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  CapeCoddess 4/20/2017, 7:01 am

Country, you can call Fuhrman for a phone consult if you and hubby need it. I believe the information on his website.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 68
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

diabetes - An excellent read for those with Diabetes Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum