Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Today at 11:26 am

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Today at 11:19 am

» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker Today at 6:57 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/15/2024, 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising 4/4/2024, 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 4/1/2024, 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+64
CapeCoddess
suseine
DorothyG
OhioGardener
Dunkinjean
ispinwool
Windsor.Parker
BlackjackWidow
farmersgranddaughter
Ellen62
meatburner
SQWIB
yolos
Turan
aliceingardenland
countrynaturals
Scorpio Rising
sanderson
plantoid
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
BeetlesPerSqFt
LizDTM
stealthmayhem
ColleenW
brianj555
dixie
bigdogrock
VJ72584
No_Such_Reality
Greenbeard
citizenz
SwampTroll
Fiz
hammock gal
Mimi2
greatgranny
walshevak
Robbomb116
donnainzone5
camprn
Judy McConnell
GloriaG
RC3291
AlwaysHotinFL
Banned Member
GWN
Mellen
dstack
Ginger Blue
herblover
MrBooker
newbeone
reynajrainwater
AtlantaMarie
Cajun Cappy
CitizenKate
audrey.jeanne.roberts
kauairosina
trolleydriver
momvet
NAR56
Kelejan
llama momma
68 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  CapeCoddess 6/23/2017, 1:00 pm

yolos wrote:
sanderson wrote:hungry

This is a first for me, a smoothie with a Muncher cucumber and frozen orange juice cubes.  There are 7 more Munchers in the frig and more ready to pick on the vines.  We were trying to eat them up in salads but impossible.  
Okay, I have cucumbers, Squash and tomatoes coming out my ears.  I know what to do with the tomatoes and squash.  But have not found anything worthwhile to do with the cucs.  How are they in smoothies.  My daughter does smoothies so I thought about using my mostly seedless cucumbers, pureeing them and then freezing in ice cube trays and then sealing in my Food Saver.  Will this work for smoothies??????????

Heck, if I were overloaded you can bet that's what I'd do! I think Trolleydriver feezes his but can't remember.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  sanderson 6/23/2017, 1:32 pm

Munchers are mild with thin skins. I used 1 Muncher, 1 sliced nectarine, 4 orange juice cubes (from our tree) and 1/2 cup of water. A half an apple or more o.j. would have made it sweeter. We had lunch at an Asian buffet and I wanted something low in cals, salt and fat for dinner. Very Happy

If I wanted to freeze Munchers for smoothies, I think I would just wash and de-burr them, then slice or cube for freezing.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21531

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 6/23/2017, 3:17 pm

The only things ready to eat in my garden are from the window box. I've got parsley, cilantro, Genovese basil and lime basil. Now, if only I had something to go with them. I know, patience. Patience.  tongue 
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Dscn0712
hammock gal
hammock gal

Female Posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 6/23/2017, 7:38 pm

hammock gal wrote:The only things ready to eat in my garden are from the window box. I've got parsley, cilantro, Genovese basil and lime basil. Now, if only I had something to go with them. I know, patience. Patience.  tongue 
Pesto!  Good pasta....herb pesto....magic
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8703

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 6/23/2017, 7:42 pm

yolos wrote:
sanderson wrote:hungry

This is a first for me, a smoothie with a Muncher cucumber and frozen orange juice cubes.  There are 7 more Munchers in the frig and more ready to pick on the vines.  We were trying to eat them up in salads but impossible.  
Okay, I have cucumbers, Squash and tomatoes coming out my ears.  I know what to do with the tomatoes and squash.  But have not found anything worthwhile to do with the cucs.  How are they in smoothies.  My daughter does smoothies so I thought about using my mostly seedless cucumbers, pureeing them and then freezing in ice cube trays and then sealing in my Food Saver.  Will this work for smoothies??????????
How about some refrigerator pickles?
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 6/24/2017, 8:01 am

Scorpio Rising wrote:
hammock gal wrote:The only things ready to eat in my garden are from the window box. I've got parsley, cilantro, Genovese basil and lime basil. Now, if only I had something to go with them. I know, patience. Patience.  tongue 
Pesto!  Good pasta....herb pesto....magic
Ah yes, I'm planning on some pesto. There's not quite enough for a good batch of pesto yet, so I stole a few leaves and made some lime basil couscous to go with my salmon. Yum! hungry
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 6/24/2017, 1:02 pm

My first asparagus bean! cheers
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/24/2017, 5:01 pm

Lots of tender little garlic scapes for salsa! What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Img_2014

This little scapes are from my garlic grid markers.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 6/24/2017, 5:32 pm

We got four (yes, a whole four!) ground cherries from one of Mrs TDs plants. She ate three and kindly gave me the fourth one. I'm not too keen on them but I liked this one.

I ate snow peas right off the plants. Earlier in the day, a couple of our grandkids ate lettuce and radishes.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 6/24/2017, 7:14 pm

countrynaturals wrote:My first asparagus bean! cheers
Do they taste like asparagus?

I ate sugar snap peas out of hand, and Daikon pods!!!  Wow, are they amazing!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiz 6/24/2017, 9:04 pm

BBQed some burgers today and pulled up a couple of green onions to dice up. First ones pulled up this year and while they were a bit immature, they smelled and tasted great!
Fiz
Fiz

Male Posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 6/27/2017, 7:51 am

Was thinning carrots and chopped it up for the young chickens who devoured tops and roots like little kids with candy.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 6/27/2017, 7:56 am

Yesterday we enjoyed chopped garlic scapes and chopped daikon radish pods in an omelette.  Very Happy
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi2 6/27/2017, 8:08 am

I enjoyed some snow peas withbmy daughter last night befire going to bed. She said, let's go out and eat some peas. Then we nibbled on some home grown broccoli. Yum! We also harvest about 7 to 10 strawberries a day that the kids mostly eat.
Mimi2
Mimi2

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 6/27/2017, 9:53 am

Mimi2 wrote:I enjoyed some snow peas withbmy daughter last night befire going to bed. She said, let's go out and eat some peas. Then we nibbled on some home grown broccoli. Yum! We also harvest about 7 to 10 strawberries a day that the kids mostly eat.
Your garden is doing very well Mimi. Congratulations.  Very Happy 

Some things in my garden are just not growing well, probably due to the cool wet weather. The peppers are pathetic and the cukes, squash and herbs are not moving very quickly. If we don't start getting some warm nights and hot days the warm/hot weather crops are going to run out of days to produce a good crop. On top of that we lost our strawberry crop. The garlic looks great but who knows what it is like below the surface of the MM. I've got flowers on some of the tomato plants. The beats, kohlrabi, lettuce, kale, tomatillos and onions seem to be doing OK. This morning I did harvest some lettuce and kale to add into a green smoothie. I'll get snow peas later today from the SFG and use them in a stir fry.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 6/27/2017, 9:51 pm

My first 3 ripe ground cherries....yum.   Plant has some chlorosis, might give it a punch of Fish Emulsion this weekend....

Dang, I love these things!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/28/2017, 12:47 pm

Last years dehydrated cherry toms in my salad. Little crunchy bits of heaven on earth! Like candy.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 6/28/2017, 12:55 pm

I still have one immature pepper, lots of tomato, cuke and zucchini flowers, and that's it. I'm practicing patience.
          thinking
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/28/2017, 1:04 pm

hammock gal wrote:I still have one immature pepper, lots of tomato, cuke and zucchini flowers, and that's it. I'm practicing patience.
          thinking

You're way ahead of me.  I have none of the above. Rolling Eyes OH wait...I have 2 tomato flowers but one is on a full grown plant that I bought, so for me it doesn't count.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 6/29/2017, 1:27 pm

WOO HOO!!! Are you ready? You might want to sit down. I've got one, count it O...N...E, sugar snap pea. Well, I did have it, but I ate it, and it was delish. bounce
 What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Dscn0713
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/29/2017, 3:11 pm

cheers
Were you late planting them, HG?
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 6/29/2017, 5:20 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:cheers
Were you late planting them, HG?

They're in a pot. We kept having frost so late this year, that I kept it in an enclosed porch for a long time. I don't think it was happy. But it did give me one pea! Laughing
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 6/29/2017, 6:38 pm

Foraging while watering....had a sugar snap pea and several radish pods.  I think I like them better than radishes!  And a lone ground cherry that threw itself at my feet...
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 6/29/2017, 11:21 pm

Lunch- a salad that used some arugula and lettuce.

Dinner included shell peas, dill, green onion, broccoli, 2 garlic scapes I missed (one was over-mature, and actually accidentally pulled out the garlic trying to  harvest it, for the first time ever-- but the garlic was small, and diseased.)  The shell peas were better than last year. The broccoli was small - I think transplanting a week sooner might help.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 6/30/2017, 8:34 am

hammock gal wrote:WOO HOO!!! Are you ready? You might want to sit down. I've got one, count it O...N...E, sugar snap pea. Well, I did have it, but I ate it, and it was delish. bounce
 What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Dscn0713
Minimalistic plating :-)

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21531

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next