Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading Toplef10Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading I22gcj10Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading Toplef10Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading I22gcj10Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading

5 posters

Go down

Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading Empty Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading

Post  countrynaturals 7/27/2016, 2:19 pm

I know milkweed isn't a veggie to most of you, but my little caterpillars have a different point of view. Razz I noticed that one of my potted milkweed plants looked variegated, but I ignored it (stupid!  Evil or Very Mad). Now these yellow leaves are spreading to a large section of my crop. Is there something I can to to cure it without destroying monarch eggs and cats, or must I pull them all out? (I tried doing a Google search but everyone thinks I mean aphids and this has nothing to do with them.) Mad
Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading Milkwe10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading Empty Re: Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading

Post  AtlantaMarie 7/27/2016, 4:20 pm

Hmmm... have you tried calling your area Extension agent?
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading Empty Re: Yellow Spots on Milkweed and Spreading

Post  CapeCoddess 7/27/2016, 4:20 pm

I'm not finding anything online either. Can you email your photo to your extension office pronto?

Also, dumb question (sorry coz I know nada about this), but are you sure that's milkweed? The photos I'm seeing have pointier leaves.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/27/2016, 7:29 pm

Me either, Suzy.  Looks like disease to me, which makes me want to tell you get it away from your other milkweeds and get the cats/eggs etc. off that/those affected and relocated.  It does not look like healthy eats for our pals.  

Nothing comes up when I search.  Weird.  Could it be a deficiency?  Calcium?  Jeez, if anything should be resistant to dietary deficiency, something with WEED in the name should be!???!!!!  Call your extension dudes.

Last edited by Scorpio Rising on 7/27/2016, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typosssss)
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 7/27/2016, 11:43 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:Me either, Suzy.  Looks like disease to me, which makes me want to tell you get it away from your other milkweeds and get the cats/eggs etc. off that/those affected and relocated.  It does not look like healthy eats for our pals.  

Nothing comes up when I search.  Weird.  Could it be a deficiency?  Calcium?  Jeez, if anything should be resistant to dietary deficiency, something with WEED in the name should be!???!!!!  Call your extension dudes.
I have a friend in the Bay Area who also gardens and raises monarchs. I sent her the pic. If anyone knows, she will. I've never contacted my extension office, but I will also try to figure out how to do that, tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what their attitude will be about saving a weed.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/28/2016, 2:48 pm

Is it safe to spray with a milk solution around the butterflies/cats/cocoons?

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21495

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 7/28/2016, 4:57 pm

sanderson wrote:Is it safe to spray with a milk solution around the butterflies/cats/cocoons?  
Milk should be safe and I don't have any cats on them right now. I destroyed every infected leaf and plant this morning, but if I missed any, I'll try milk. I did spray fungicide on one and brought it in the house to watch it (where no monarch could find it). I'll keep in quarantined for a week. If I don't see any more spots, I'll wash it off and put it back in the garden. My only concern is if I get slammed again like I did last year, with dozens of starving cats and my supply of milkweed now down a third of what I should have. Trouble is, there's no telling until it's too late. This is soooooo frustrating. I did everything right and was totally prepared for the onslaught, and now this.  Evil or Very Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/28/2016, 6:17 pm

I bet your extension agent will be all in.  This is becoming a green initiative to provide habitat and food for natives.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down