Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 Toplef10Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 I22gcj10Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 Toplef10Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 I22gcj10Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Anyone else having problems w/ site?

+19
Triciasgarden
catbranch
Goosegirl
Yardslave
RJARPCGP
llama momma
Boz
CapeCoddess
greatgranny
sanderson
Jmichelle
southern gardener
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Turan
Kelejan
yolos
boffer
camprn
AtlantaMarie
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone else having problems w/ site?

Post  boffer 5/2/2014, 12:44 am

Still here, Madge? I sent a PM.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone else having problems w/ site?

Post  Turan 5/2/2014, 12:50 am

Hmmm, I have a new one.  A box between chat and search under the raft.  What worries me is that it is just a pulsing green tab telling me that my file is ready to down load.  That looks like mischief to my leery eyes.

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 Screen10

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Post  unit649 5/2/2014, 9:22 am

Morning Boffer, I just started to post that it was gone this morning.  However when I hit the reply button, the Warning was there behind the blank reply box.  I started to respond but my computer shut down for a Windows Update.  So I guess that it was just a normal update.  But after that update and logging back on, I do not see the warning.  I do see the adds, even though I am logged in.
Thanks for helping with this problem.
Madge
unit649
unit649

Female Posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 5/3/2014, 10:14 pm

When I log in I always choose to remain logged.  Today, I have had to log in at least 3 times.  Don't know if this is part of the same issues or not.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Female Posts : 661

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmy cee 5/3/2014, 11:09 pm

It is my opinion that all of this ad %$#@ is coming from google.
google's primary existence depends on revenue from paid advertisers.
Have you ever noticed not being able to do anything until the ad has completed it's whatever ?
It isnt only here online, how about a robot call...hang up the next time you get one, then pick the phone up again and you'll find them still yapping about their &^%$
I had a robot call the other day that kept my phone busy for 10 minutes, 10 minutes I did not have access to my phone if I needed it for an emergency.
I pay for  my tv cable $90.00 + a month for just about nothing but commercials.
Some day time your radio commercials to see what part of an hour they run ads.
World news every evening, after 14 minutes, a commercial is run after 1 sentence of news...
There is a lot of money being spent on advertising, I personally do not think it's worth it..
SEE???when I submitted this reply the ad cropped up and did not allow this to be seen until I saw the ad..
jimmy cee
jimmy cee

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 5/4/2014, 11:23 am

This thread is about problems with the SFG Forum site. Currently I am having no problems with the site functions and display.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/4/2014, 12:00 pm

Progress report:  My inquiry on forumotion is progressing like I expected: nobody wants to deal with it.

All I can do for now is bump my thread every 24 hours per their rules.

Thank you for your patience, as I know some of the ads are really obnoxious.
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardslave 5/4/2014, 12:31 pm

I use Google Chrome's Adblock plus extension which has taken care of all the ads and banners that pop up/in/behind this forum. I think that blaming Google( or Microsoft, or Apple) for all of one's computer trash and phone solicitations is unfounded. Be proactive and get an ad blocker installed for browsing, and get a phone that has call blocking capabilities, 'cause I don't think any legislator, forum moderator, or web designer is going to stop these mass-marketeers' efforts to make a fast buck. I'm tired of these wallet poaching schemes too Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Yardslave
Yardslave

Male Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/4/2014, 1:05 pm

This forum's software, ongoing upgrades, and support are free.

But we all know that nothing is free, and the cost we pay is having ads put in front of us.  The software company generates the revenue to remain in business by selling ads.  Currently, they pay Google to manage the ads.  That's typically how business is being conducted on the internet these days.  Believe me, I don't like the advertising either.  

Let's stay focused on the issue: some members are seeing ads and some aren't.  Something's wrong.  We should all be seeing ads, or none of us should be seeing ads.  Let's give the process a little more time.
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 5/6/2014, 9:56 am

Hey Everyone, this just came to my attention. I have looked it up and it looks like at least part of the problem is that our forum normally comes with ads, but we pay to get them off. That time has now expired. I have a few credits left, so I went ahead and paid to have the ads off again for the next year. Will everyone please let me know if they still see ads? Thanks.  Very Happy
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Male Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/6/2014, 10:14 am

The cavalry has arrived!  rock on 

Thanks, Alan.
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 5/6/2014, 11:21 am

Alan,

The ads have disappeared when I'm logged in, and it is a pleasure once again!  I had the bottom left side ad that was in constant motion with some dopey robot thing and the top ads were slowing down everything else from uploading. Some ads were covering up the area where you log on.  So others like myself were logging in  'blindfolded' til another log in area was put at the bottom of the home page.  

Oh boy, this is so nice!
Thank you Thank you Thank you !
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 5/6/2014, 11:33 am

O Thanks! 
Does this mean it is time to contribute a few $ to keep it this way?  I know I have done that in the past but not sure of the how anymore.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/6/2014, 11:38 am

Thanks, Turan.  

This has been one of those computer problems that makes no sense, but has been resolved by spending money!

We've already been discussing asking for contributions, but need to make a couple updates before doing so.  Stay tuned.   Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 3170584802
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 5/6/2014, 12:49 pm

yesssssssssssss!!!  all gone and much faster now!! tysm!!!   Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 2027012869  Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 2027012869  thankyou  thankyou  happy dance  happy dance  golly gee whiz  golly gee whiz  fun veggie  fun veggie  neener  neener
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 5/6/2014, 1:13 pm

Ads are gone, thanks a lot.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having problems w/ site? - Page 4 Empty Photo's

Post  Pappy Slip 5/6/2014, 2:19 pm

Can't upload photo's. It states the gallery storage limit has been reached....what's that all about?

Pappy
Pappy Slip
Pappy Slip

Male Posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/6/2014, 2:33 pm

Turan wrote:O Thanks! 
Does this mean it is time to contribute a few $ to keep it this way?  I know I have done that in the past but not sure of the how anymore.

I would be happy to contribute a few $$$ as well.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/6/2014, 3:17 pm

Pappy, You can post photos right here, within the topics. I think the Gallery is full.
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21495

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/6/2014, 3:49 pm

Pappy Slip wrote:Can't upload photo's. It states the gallery storage limit has been reached....what's that all about?
Pappy

Welcome to the forum.  

You have discovered a secret code that took us a long time to figure out!  It means that the fees we paid to obtain extra storage space for gallery pictures have expired, and that if we want to continue using gallery space beyond the default space that comes with the forum, then we better pay up.

If you've been reading through this thread, what it amounts to is a frustrating learning experience.  We have learned another secret code the hard way: that when only some members see ads when logged in, it means that the fees we paid to remove ads on the forum have expired.
 thinking  Doesn't make much sense to me, but I've spent a lot of time with a forumotion mod this past week, and he didn't know it either.

As sanderson said, you can post pictures in threads, if you upload them from your computer.  There is unlimited free space  for pictures in posts.

You can find instructions on how to upload pictures to a post in this thread
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t16654-video-tutorial-how-to-post-a-picture-located-on-your-computer

Last edited by boffer on 5/6/2014, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 5/6/2014, 3:52 pm

So is it something we want to pay for  - the gallery?  If so, how much?  I think we need to know that.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Back to top Go down

Post  Pappy Slip 5/6/2014, 4:01 pm

Thanks
Pappy Slip
Pappy Slip

Male Posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/6/2014, 4:03 pm

Good questions, greatgranny.  Squarefoot/Alan, who posted above, is the creator of the forum, and only the creator has access to the fee structure, and the ability to pay the fees.

He wears a lot of hats at his day job, and is a very busy fellow.  I already have a PM waiting for him, so I will mention your questions  when he replies.
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 5/6/2014, 5:22 pm

boffer wrote:Good questions, greatgranny.  Squarefoot/Alan, who posted above, is the creator of the forum, and only the creator has access to the fee structure, and the ability to pay the fees.

He wears a lot of hats at his day job, and is a very busy fellow.  I already have a PM waiting for him, so I will mention your questions  when he replies.
Thanks.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 5/7/2014, 11:15 am

I'm back!  AT&T had us down for a couple of days.  Apparently, someone took out a cable.  No phones, no email, no nada!

But what's interesting is when I just came back in, I didn't have to sign in.  It never signed me out apparently. 

But NO ADS!

Not gonna argue!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4