Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Toplef10Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b I22gcj10Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Toplef10Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b I22gcj10Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» COMPOST 101
by troypurplebuds Today at 2:09 am

» Newbie
by troypurplebuds Today at 2:07 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:25 am

» Vertical Zucchini
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:24 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by Scorpio Rising 7/22/2024, 1:33 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 7/20/2024, 11:02 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by OhioGardener 7/19/2024, 8:55 am

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

» Hi from Lapeer Michigan
by Scorpio Rising 7/18/2024, 10:49 am

» Mel's Mix
by OhioGardener 7/16/2024, 1:40 pm

» Baker Creek Heirloom Whole Seed Catalog Pre-Order
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 4:00 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 1:01 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 7/9/2024, 2:23 pm

» Wasabi Radish
by markqz 7/8/2024, 10:14 pm

» Check out your local (seed) library !
by OhioGardener 7/8/2024, 11:45 am

» YIKES! I'm hosting uninvited guests in my squash...
by tappingmom 7/3/2024, 9:43 am

» Baked Eggplant
by OhioGardener 7/2/2024, 7:45 am

» N&C Midwest—June 2024
by nrstooge 7/1/2024, 7:48 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 7/1/2024, 5:54 am

» Epic Gardening "Master Class on Square Food Gardening"
by sanderson 6/26/2024, 10:03 pm

» Growing Tomatoes in 6" of soil?
by sanderson 6/25/2024, 4:21 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by markqz 6/25/2024, 2:42 pm

» Frequency/amount to water
by OhioGardener 6/22/2024, 5:34 pm

» Rhubarb Tom Collins
by DonP 6/19/2024, 2:10 pm

» Change email address
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 2:00 am

» Howdy from San Diego, CA
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 12:49 am

» Getting Started
by Turan 6/18/2024, 12:58 pm

» Turan's Garden Western Mountains and Plains
by Scorpio Rising 6/18/2024, 11:49 am

» Question about replenishing squares after harvest
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 6/17/2024, 12:14 am

» My NWA garden
by Guinevere 6/13/2024, 11:13 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Califarmergirl 1/21/2014, 1:36 pm

Super excited to get my garden started this season!
Does have one have any experience with Broccoli Rabe/Rapini? Its one of my favorites and I'd like to have in my garden. The other one I'm looking into is the Shishito pepper, I can not find seeds or seedlings anywhere.

any advice or knowledge would be amazing  happy hi
Califarmergirl
Califarmergirl

Female Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-01-21
Location : San Diego, CA

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  sanderson 1/21/2014, 2:06 pm

Hello Calfarmergirl, You should be able to grow everything in SD, including bananas! I saw bananas at the SD Botanical Garden north of the city.

In the Search box upper left, type in rapini. There are a couple of topics.
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21611
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 75
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Califarmergirl 1/21/2014, 2:13 pm

sanderson wrote:Hello Calfarmergirl,  You should be able to grow everything in SD, including bananas!  I saw bananas at the SD Botanical Garden north of the city.

In the Search box upper left, type in rapini.  There are a couple of topics.
Thank for the info!
Califarmergirl
Califarmergirl

Female Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-01-21
Location : San Diego, CA

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Goosegirl 1/21/2014, 8:41 pm

Califarmergirl wrote:Super excited to get my garden started this season!
Does have one have any experience with Broccoli Rabe/Rapini? Its one of my favorites and I'd like to have in my garden. The other one I'm looking into is the Shishito pepper, I can not find seeds or seedlings anywhere.

any advice or knowledge would be amazing  happy hi

Welcome Califarmergirl! Below is a link to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - they have the pepper you are looking for. I love Baker Creek and get most of my seeds from them.

http://www.rareseeds.com/search/?F_Keyword=shishito

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 59
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  sanderson 1/21/2014, 10:34 pm

I looked in the 2014 Baker catalog and didn't see it. Thanks for posting.
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21611
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 75
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Califarmergirl 1/22/2014, 2:54 am

Goosegirl wrote:
Califarmergirl wrote:Super excited to get my garden started this season!
Does have one have any experience with Broccoli Rabe/Rapini? Its one of my favorites and I'd like to have in my garden. The other one I'm looking into is the Shishito pepper, I can not find seeds or seedlings anywhere.

any advice or knowledge would be amazing  happy hi

Welcome Califarmergirl!  Below is a link to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - they have the pepper you are looking for.  I love Baker Creek and get most of my seeds from them.



GG
You just made my night!!! What a Face
Califarmergirl
Califarmergirl

Female Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-01-21
Location : San Diego, CA

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Goosegirl 1/22/2014, 7:51 am

sanderson wrote:I looked in the 2014 Baker catalog and didn't see it.  Thanks for posting.

It may not be in the catalog - I went to the site and did a search and it popped right up.

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 59
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Goosegirl 1/22/2014, 7:54 am

Califarmergirl wrote:
Goosegirl wrote:
Califarmergirl wrote:Super excited to get my garden started this season!
Does have one have any experience with Broccoli Rabe/Rapini? Its one of my favorites and I'd like to have in my garden. The other one I'm looking into is the Shishito pepper, I can not find seeds or seedlings anywhere.

any advice or knowledge would be amazing  happy hi

Welcome Califarmergirl!  Below is a link to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - they have the pepper you are looking for.  I love Baker Creek and get most of my seeds from them.



GG
You just made my night!!! What a Face

Glad to hear it! I miss my long CA growing season with the heat and time to grow lots of peppers! Trying some varieties this year that are supposedly good for us northern gardeners - got them from Baker Creek as well.

GG

Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 59
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b Empty Re: Hello from Sunny San Diego 10b

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum