Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 Toplef10March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 I22gcj10March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 Toplef10March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 I22gcj10March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dr Higa's Soil Classifications
by OhioGardener Today at 1:45 pm

» Spoon Tomato
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:51 pm

» OhioGardener SFG
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:47 pm

» Mulching question?
by rdhwyalane 9/25/2021, 10:21 pm

» N&C Midwest—September 2021
by OhioGardener 9/24/2021, 1:40 pm

» The SFG Journey-Johnson Su Bioreactor for composting, No turning
by sanderson 9/24/2021, 1:28 am

» Wood Chips-->Pine
by OhioGardener 9/23/2021, 5:19 pm

» Linseed Oil
by yolos 9/22/2021, 6:43 pm

» What are these fruits?
by bijan 9/22/2021, 2:50 pm

» What kind of fruit is this? Persimmon
by bijan 9/22/2021, 8:31 am

» California's Drought
by Kelejan 9/22/2021, 12:33 am

» Is this golden rod which the golden rod honey comes from?
by markqz 9/21/2021, 11:53 pm

» Message from Sanderson
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 2:43 pm

» California - What are you doing this month?
by Yardslave 9/21/2021, 2:23 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 9/21/2021, 8:55 am

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing July to December 2021
by Kelejan 9/21/2021, 8:05 am

» Hi from Lillington, NC
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 1:29 am

» My name is boffer, and I'm a juicer.
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 1:23 am

» Why five sources for your compost? One explanation.
by OhioGardener 9/20/2021, 10:06 am

» 2021 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by OhioGardener 9/18/2021, 8:19 pm

» Patio Tomatoes at the Kitchen Door
by OhioGardener 9/16/2021, 8:05 pm

» Help identify seeds
by OhioGardener 9/16/2021, 7:59 pm

» Mulch question
by MrBooker 9/16/2021, 6:37 am

» Fallen Apples
by Kelejan 9/16/2021, 3:48 am

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 9/14/2021, 11:28 pm

» Organic Management of Fall Garden Pests
by OhioGardener 9/14/2021, 8:38 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 9/12/2021, 11:54 am

» Chick N Poo Compost
by OhioGardener 9/9/2021, 4:59 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by donnainzone5 9/9/2021, 12:41 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas

+10
Scorpio Rising
Yardslave
countrynaturals
bmoore49
Mary429
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Kelejan
sanderson
Sandy Moore
PNG_Grandma
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 Empty Re: March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas

Post  OhioGardener 3/21/2020, 6:49 pm

I'm glad I stocked up on coarse Vermiculite from A.M. Leonard when they had it on sale with free shipping.  They are out of stock now.

Never plant without a bucket of compost at your side.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 Empty Re: March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas

Post  countrynaturals 3/21/2020, 6:50 pm

Sugar Snap Peas and de Jour 18 radishes. I planted them in used Jiffy Pellets in the MBR without heat. I know they'll take longer, but I need my heating pads for summer stuff.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5703

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/21/2020, 8:11 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:Sugar Snap Peas and de Jour 18 radishes. I planted them in used Jiffy Pellets in the MBR without heat. I know they'll take longer, but I need my heating pads for summer stuff.
Also planted melons, cukes, toms, squash, in lg Jiffy Pellets, on heat in the plant room. March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 1787710427
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/24/2020, 4:47 am

I planted sprouted red potato sections in 2 5-gallon buckets. I will wrap the buckets in aluminum foil when it gets to warm and sunny, and add straw mulch to the top.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 19646

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Kay Burton 3/24/2020, 6:52 am

@sanderson wrote:I planted sprouted red potato sections in 2 5-gallon buckets.  I will wrap the buckets in aluminum foil when it gets to warm and sunny, and add straw mulch to the top.
You can plant a big variety of different plants f.e. Set out seedlings of broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, and spinach. Plant seeds of beets, carrots, leeks, onions, peas, radishes, and turnips.More specifically, crops grown in the Valley include rice, almonds, walnuts, plums, peaches, tomatoes, wheat, olives, corn, alfalfa, pears, sunflowers, grapes, kiwifruit, and hay.
Kay Burton
Kay Burton

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/24/2020, 11:27 am

@Kay Burton wrote:
@sanderson wrote:I planted sprouted red potato sections in 2 5-gallon buckets.  I will wrap the buckets in aluminum foil when it gets to warm and sunny, and add straw mulch to the top.
You can plant a big variety of different plants f.e. Set out seedlings of broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, and spinach. Plant seeds of beets, carrots, leeks, onions, peas, radishes, and turnips.More specifically, crops grown in the Valley include rice, almonds, walnuts, plums, peaches, tomatoes, wheat, olives, corn, alfalfa, pears, sunflowers, grapes, kiwifruit, and hay.
Except for our brutally hot summers, is your climate much like ours, Kay? What zone are you in?
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/3/2020, 3:39 pm

Just finished my final seed-planting until fall. Some of these are too late, but failed the first time, so I'm trying again, anyway. Nothing to lose. idk

Here's what I planted:

onions
peppers
flowers
beans
peas
melons
gourds
kale
dill
cucumbers
artichokes
turnips
March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 43549
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/3/2020, 5:15 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:Just finished my final seed-planting until fall. Some of these are too late, but failed the first time, so I'm trying again, anyway. Nothing to lose. idk

Here's what I planted:

onions
peppers
flowers
beans
peas
melons
gourds
kale
dill
cucumbers
artichokes
turnips
March: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas - Page 3 43549
Oops! This is May, not March! Sorry about that. Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum