Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Toplef10Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) I22gcj10Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Toplef10Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) I22gcj10Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wasabi Radish
by markqz Today at 12:52 pm

» Tomato - Snow Fairy
by markqz Today at 12:44 pm

» N&C Midwest — October 2021
by nrstooge Today at 10:23 am

» Hello from Murphy, TX
by TracharCoop Yesterday at 11:53 am

» I want to start over
by Roseinarosecity Yesterday at 12:46 am

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing July to December 2021
by Kelejan 10/16/2021, 6:15 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by Kelejan 10/16/2021, 6:10 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 10/16/2021, 12:18 pm

» Winter Travel
by OhioGardener 10/13/2021, 8:17 am

» Microbes...you gotta see this one !!!
by sanderson 10/12/2021, 1:36 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by yolos 10/10/2021, 11:09 am

» Keeping bees
by Kelejan 10/9/2021, 10:50 am

» worm buying
by OhioGardener 10/8/2021, 8:57 am

» October: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas
by Yardslave 10/7/2021, 5:56 pm

» Hello from West Palm Beach, FL
by OhioGardener 10/6/2021, 6:02 pm

» OhioGardener SFG
by OhioGardener 10/5/2021, 9:31 pm

» National Kale Day
by OhioGardener 10/5/2021, 9:04 am

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 10/4/2021, 2:13 pm

» October Avatar: Fall Gardening
by sanderson 10/4/2021, 2:06 pm

» What are these fruits?
by bijan 10/4/2021, 1:53 pm

» Mulching question?
by sanderson 10/4/2021, 1:46 pm

» Wood Chips-->Pine
by sanderson 10/4/2021, 1:41 pm

» Dr Higa's Soil Classifications
by sanderson 10/4/2021, 1:35 pm

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by sanderson 10/4/2021, 1:32 pm

» has55's R & D Journey
by has55 10/3/2021, 5:02 pm

» The SFG Journey-Johnson Su Bioreactor for composting, No turning
by has55 10/3/2021, 4:42 pm

» My SFG journey- using hanging clips on cucumber and tomatoes
by has55 10/3/2021, 4:37 pm

» The SFG Journey: The love ballet of cucumber
by has55 10/3/2021, 4:34 pm

» I should have barked (zucchini humor)
by OhioGardener 10/2/2021, 3:11 pm

» This volunteer plant with interesting flowers
by OhioGardener 10/1/2021, 5:29 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

+9
Triciasgarden
Icemaiden
donnainzone5
Lavender Debs
CindiLou
Kelejan
boog1
mollyhespra
sfg4uKim
13 posters

Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/18/2012, 9:21 pm

I know I haven't been on much lately, but things are going 150 MPH right now.

I am in the process of seeking a small business loan to open a storefront that will hopefully help all of you! Because I don't have a long financial history, I need "supporting documentation". One thing I was told to do is show my business Facebook page to show the number of "likes" thus showing that there is a "support" for my business.

SO, if you would/could, PLEASE "like" my FB page: sfg4u

How will my business benefit you? I will be offering small "per square" packets of certified organic heirloom seeds for as low as 10 cents per packet! Yes, they'll also be available online.

Thanks in advance.

Miss y'all!

Kim

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  mollyhespra 11/18/2012, 9:42 pm

What a great idea! I just 'liked' you & I'm going to go check out your website. Good luck with the loan!
mollyhespra
mollyhespra

Female Posts : 1087
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 55
Location : Waaaay upstate, NH (zone 4)

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  boog1 11/18/2012, 10:22 pm

Liked ya carrot
boog1
boog1

Male Posts : 260
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 64
Location : jackson,mi

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  Kelejan 11/19/2012, 3:34 am

I went to your website and clicked on that "Like" tab at the top left-hand corner. Did I do it right? Very Happy
I like your idea of a square of seeds.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6002
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 86
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  CindiLou 11/19/2012, 4:31 am

Liked and good luck!
CindiLou
CindiLou

Posts : 999
Join date : 2010-08-30
Age : 61
Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  Lavender Debs 11/19/2012, 7:49 am

"Liked"

Have you thought about racks and a small place near your SFG? An e-catalogue with pictures? I am less likely to go to a store than the net. It is early.... I bet you have thought of those already.

The Toy Box Suburban Farm
Lavender Debs
Lavender Debs

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 64
Location : Everett, WA USA

http://songs-of-coming-rain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  donnainzone5 11/19/2012, 11:00 am

Liked you!

I love the idea of small packets of heirloom seeds.

By the way, are the ingredients of your friend's blended compost a proprietary secret?
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 74
Location : Bend, OR (Zone 5-6)

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  Icemaiden 11/19/2012, 12:31 pm

I liked you too!
Maybe people should "share" as well so you get a wider audience?
avatar
Icemaiden

Posts : 334
Join date : 2010-04-27
Location : Iceland

http://squarefootgardening-kate.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  Triciasgarden 11/19/2012, 1:34 pm

Great idea! I "liked" you also!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 66
Location : Northern Utah

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  quiltbea 11/19/2012, 1:52 pm

Sorry, I don't do facebk or twitter, but I like your idea of small packets of seeds for single squares. I hope it takes off. Good luck.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 79
Location : Southwestern Maine Zone 5A

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  yolos 11/19/2012, 3:01 pm

I am glad I am not the only one that does not do facebook or twitter. I am an addict of just about anything, so I try not to get into anything that would be addictive such as facebook or twitter. But good luck with your venture.

I am a management accountant and have had to do this type of analysis for banks and investors many times. My advice to you is to make sure that your presentation to the bank is more than a "Dog and Pony Show." Be ready to discuss your variable costs per item (seeds, packaging, labor, postage), your fixed costs, and your profit per item and how many items you need to sell to break even and cover your fixed costs and interest/principal.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4066
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 71
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  littlejo 11/19/2012, 4:16 pm

I will say there are about 6 folks in the US that don't do facebook or twitter, my dh and I are 2.
I do like the idea of the seeds in small packs. I got a bunch from Wintersown this yr and it's great, but now I have 25 types of tomatoes, about 8 seeds each.
Hope ya get the loan, but even if not, you could sell the seeds, and prob. will have a lot of sales, with little overhead. Count me in, for I have so many seed packets, with unused seed from yrs gone. It would be so good to buy and not have lots left over.
Jo
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 67
Location : Cottageville SC 8b

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/19/2012, 9:31 pm

@Lavender Debs wrote:"Liked"

Have you thought about racks and a small place near your SFG? An e-catalogue with pictures? I am less likely to go to a store than the net. It is early.... I bet you have thought of those already.

The Toy Box Suburban Farm

I will also be featuring these on my web site, but I was just focusing on getting my loan approved. I teach SFG out of my house and now that hubby is working 12-hour rotating shifts this will be impossible. "Hi, welcome to my home. Please ignore the hairy guy in the towel. He's getting ready for work." Just don't think that will go over too well. LOL

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/19/2012, 9:36 pm

donnainzone10 wrote:Liked you!

I love the idea of small packets of heirloom seeds.

By the way, are the ingredients of your friend's blended compost a proprietary secret?

No secret to Justen's compost - it's on his web site:


We start with a
blend of wood chips and food waste to get the right carbon/nitrogen
ratio. Then, we pile the material into large aerated static piles. The
material is kept above 140F
for at least 72-hours straight during the compost process to kill
pathogens and weed seeds. After 90 days of composting and curing, the
compost is screened and ready for sale.
Initially he was using manure, but when he had his compost tested, it kept coming back with small but significant amounts of chemicals. It turns out that the chemicals in the animals' feed wasn't breaking down.

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/19/2012, 9:39 pm

@yolos wrote:I am glad I am not the only one that does not do facebook or twitter. I am an addict of just about anything, so I try not to get into anything that would be addictive such as facebook or twitter. But good luck with your venture.

I am a management accountant and have had to do this type of analysis for banks and investors many times. My advice to you is to make sure that your presentation to the bank is more than a "Dog and Pony Show." Be ready to discuss your variable costs per item (seeds, packaging, labor, postage), your fixed costs, and your profit per item and how many items you need to sell to break even and cover your fixed costs and interest/principal.

Thanks. Because of your advice I will go back and "tweak" my business plan and supplemental documentation. I have "some" of this in there, but yours is more exhaustive than I included.

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/19/2012, 9:40 pm

@Icemaiden wrote:I liked you too!
Maybe people should "share" as well so you get a wider audience?

This would be WONDERFUL! So if any of you would consider also "SHARING" and encouraging your friends to also like me that really works for me! Very Happy

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/19/2012, 9:43 pm

Well my "likes" doubled overnight! Thanks everyone! This has been like getting a huge HUG.

I'm SOOOO excited about this venture. bounce

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  southern gardener 11/19/2012, 10:34 pm

@sfg4uKim wrote:
donnainzone10 wrote:Liked you!

I love the idea of small packets of heirloom seeds.

By the way, are the ingredients of your friend's blended compost a proprietary secret?

No secret to Justen's compost - it's on his web site:


We start with a
blend of wood chips and food waste to get the right carbon/nitrogen
ratio. Then, we pile the material into large aerated static piles. The
material is kept above 140F
for at least 72-hours straight during the compost process to kill
pathogens and weed seeds. After 90 days of composting and curing, the
compost is screened and ready for sale.
Initially he was using manure, but when he had his compost tested, it kept coming back with small but significant amounts of chemicals. It turns out that the chemicals in the animals' feed wasn't breaking down.

Hi Kim: do you know anything about the chemicals that didn't break down from the animal feed? My mix tested with chemical imbalance of some type.
southern gardener
southern gardener

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 41
Location : california, zone 10a

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  Lavender Debs 11/20/2012, 9:29 am

@sfg4uKim wrote:
@Lavender Debs wrote:"Liked"

Have you thought about racks and a small place near your SFG? An e-catalogue with pictures? I am less likely to go to a store than the net. It is early.... I bet you have thought of those already.

The Toy Box Suburban Farm

I will also be featuring these on my web site, but I was just focusing on getting my loan approved. I teach SFG out of my house and now that hubby is working 12-hour rotating shifts this will be impossible. "Hi, welcome to my home. Please ignore the hairy guy in the towel. He's getting ready for work." Just don't think that will go over too well. LOL
I wish I could make posts disappear. Of course this is about start up and getting FB likes, not peanuts in the gallery ......you will do an awesome job! All the best for you and your amazing idea! Looking forward to watching you grow.
Lavender Debs
Lavender Debs

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 64
Location : Everett, WA USA

http://songs-of-coming-rain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/20/2012, 1:54 pm

@southern gardener wrote:
@sfg4uKim wrote:
donnainzone10 wrote:Liked you!

I love the idea of small packets of heirloom seeds.

By the way, are the ingredients of your friend's blended compost a proprietary secret?

No secret to Justen's compost - it's on his web site:


We start with a
blend of wood chips and food waste to get the right carbon/nitrogen
ratio. Then, we pile the material into large aerated static piles. The
material is kept above 140F
for at least 72-hours straight during the compost process to kill
pathogens and weed seeds. After 90 days of composting and curing, the
compost is screened and ready for sale.
Initially he was using manure, but when he had his compost tested, it kept coming back with small but significant amounts of chemicals. It turns out that the chemicals in the animals' feed wasn't breaking down.

Hi Kim: do you know anything about the chemicals that didn't break down from the animal feed? My mix tested with chemical imbalance of some type.

I don't know, but you could contact him: justen@veterancompost.com

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  sfg4uKim 11/20/2012, 1:55 pm

Thanks Everyone!

I'm up to 83 likes - double what I had previously!

____________________________

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U



Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Glen Burnie, MD

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Will you please "LIKE" me?  :  ) Empty Re: Will you please "LIKE" me? : )

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum