Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag Toplef10Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag I22gcj10Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag Toplef10Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag I22gcj10Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag

+6
sanderson
brainchasm
Goosegirl
landarch
cheyannarach
Nonna.PapaVino
10 posters

Go down

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag Empty Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 11/4/2012, 12:18 pm

Lots of us swear by heirloom seeds, so I sought out the West Coast storefront for Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds in Petaluma, CA. Not only was it a treat to rummage through Baker Creek's seed packets and find some not featured in their catalog, but I stumbled on a stack of older Heirloom Gardner magazines and was smitten. Only wish I could have purchased more than three now that I've read them (I'll subscribe when we get home). The magazine lists its address as 2278 Baker Creek Road, Mansfield, MO 65704. This is a 4-issue-per-year magazine is well its purchase price. And worth reading, then re-reading. Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag Empty Re: Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag

Post  cheyannarach 11/6/2012, 12:24 pm

Good to know, I'll have to look into it! I love good reads!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag Empty Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

Post  landarch 1/20/2014, 4:50 pm

I just e-mailed Baker Creek for their master catalog...just starting to learn about Heirlooms...they also have an outfit out of Missouri (relatively not too far from Kansas City).  I have friends getting ready to place an order...and I plan on not duplicating what they order.  May be worth a road trip to check them out in person sometime.
landarch
landarch

Back to top Go down

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag Empty Re: Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Heirloom Gardner Mag

Post  Goosegirl 1/20/2014, 5:51 pm

Baker Creek's Petaluma Seed Bank site is right on my way north from the SF airport when I visit my family in CA. Stopped there and spent WAAAAAY more than I needed to, but had soooooooo much fun!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 1/20/2014, 6:33 pm

Goosegirl, we, too, love the Baker Creek Seed Bank in Petaluma.  One can often find rare seeds not listed in the big catalog, but well worth trying.  We go to the Seed Bank every fall while attending the Wine Road Food and Wine festival.  PapaVino stocks up on wines, and I stock up on seeds.  Win, win, right?  Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  brainchasm 1/20/2014, 8:24 pm

All of my plots were heirloom last year, and will continue to be so. Smile

Love me some heirloom veggies!

I think my sunflower plant can take me in a fair fight...it's taller than me, and it keeps giving me dirty looks. Shocked
brainchasm
brainchasm

Male Posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/20/2014, 8:35 pm

Baker Creek's Petaluma Seed Bank

I don't see how one can go there and not buy something!
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21496

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  meatburner 1/20/2014, 9:51 pm

landarch, Baker Creek in just outside Mansfield which is about 45 miles due east of Springfield.  We plan to go to the May festival this year.
meatburner
meatburner

Male Posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post  landarch 1/20/2014, 10:44 pm

meatburner...would be curious if they sell bedding plants at the Missouri festival as well as seeds (like for tomatoes and peppers) as May would be way too late to start seeds indoors?
landarch
landarch

Back to top Go down

Post  jmsieglaff 1/20/2014, 10:48 pm

Baker Creek is great! Probably 1/2 of our garden is seeds from them and I also enjoy the Heirloom Gardener magazine. The seed catalog is by far the most beautiful, we even have cut out some pictures, framed them and put them up in the house.
jmsieglaff
jmsieglaff

Male Posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post  meatburner 1/20/2014, 10:57 pm

landarch wrote:meatburner...would be curious if they sell bedding plants at the Missouri festival as well as seeds (like for tomatoes and peppers) as May would be way too late to start seeds indoors?
landarch, I think so.  My neighbor goes every year so I will ask her tomorrow and let you know.  They may have more days the farm is open to the public before the May festival if I remember correctly.
meatburner
meatburner

Male Posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 1/21/2014, 6:01 am

sanderson wrote:Baker Creek's Petaluma Seed Bank

I don't see how one can go there and not buy something!

I went in 'just to have a look around' and spent $90!  Some seeds, a garden book, a great leather-handled hod, some locally grown spices, some gifts for friends, etc.  A truly dangerous place!!!

GG

PS - My excuse is that I was on vacation!

Last edited by Goosegirl on 1/21/2014, 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  johnp 1/21/2014, 9:01 am

I just placed a small order from Baker Creek's wed site for the first time. I ordered their cat. also. Can hardly wait.
johnp
johnp

Male Posts : 644

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmy cee 1/21/2014, 9:48 am

meatburner wrote:landarch, Baker Creek in just outside Mansfield which is about 45 miles due east of Springfield.  We plan to go to the May festival this year.

Meatburner
I just received Baker's catalog, it's so gorgeous, I love it.
Wife & I were interested in possibly visiting their festival in May. We're not only interested in gardening, looks like they are having some 75 old time musicians playing during that period. We surely would enjoy that...
I can't seem to find any lodging nearby, any help in that regard ?
Springfield is miles away, not interested in day tripping for it.
jimmy cee
jimmy cee

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum