Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio Toplef10NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio I22gcj10NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio Toplef10NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio I22gcj10NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Today at 6:12 pm

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson Today at 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson Today at 3:08 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by nrstooge Today at 12:49 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:19 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:40 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz 4/18/2024, 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/18/2024, 9:50 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio

2 posters

Go down

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio Empty NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio

Post  gettip 4/14/2010, 12:21 pm

I was on the NOAA website today and they posted information for the frost/freeze dates for southwestern Ohio that they have been collecting for the last 30 years. The first website is the data and the second is a map specific for the counties. I was always told that the last frost date for where I live was May 15th and this pretty much confirms it. Although I had to cover my plants on May 18th last year because it frosted.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/iln/springfrzpns.htm

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/iln/springfrzmap.htm
gettip
gettip

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : New Carlisle, OH (Twilight Zone and 5b)

Back to top Go down

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio Empty Re: NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio

Post  nancy 4/14/2010, 12:49 pm

Well, according to that, I'm past my last frost date. Woo Hoo! Thanks for sharing!!
nancy
nancy

Female Posts : 595
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio (6a)

Back to top Go down

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio Empty Re: NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio

Post  gettip 4/14/2010, 2:37 pm

Nancy,

I am not sure how to interpret the map but I think I understand the tables. According to the info the average last date of frost for the last 30 years for Cincy is April 21st. The tables indicate that there was a 90% probability that the average last date was May 5th and a 10% probability it was April 8th during the same 30 years. Be ready to cover if you put out any tender plants.
gettip
gettip

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : New Carlisle, OH (Twilight Zone and 5b)

Back to top Go down

NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio Empty Re: NOAA Frost/Freeze Dates for Southwestern Ohio

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum