Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Who Are You?  - Page 2 Toplef10Who Are You?  - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Who Are You?  - Page 2 I22gcj10Who Are You?  - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Who Are You?  - Page 2 Toplef10Who Are You?  - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Who Are You?  - Page 2 I22gcj10Who Are You?  - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Bokashi
by sanderson Today at 1:08 am

» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 12:46 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Who Are You?

+28
shannon1
BackRiver_SFG
AranMC
JK
Goosegirl
eflan
AvaDGardner
camprn
LeeAnne12
lisaphoto
boog1
TejasTerry
morganfam7
ericam
llama momma
Kate888
GWN
plantoid
WolfHeart
Danni
walshevak
curio
jamesindetroit
boffer
mschaef
UnderTheBlackWalnut
minervalong
RoOsTeR
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who Are You?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Are You?

Post  eflan 3/27/2012, 6:30 pm

My name's Erin, and I wasn't named after anyone. My parents just thought that ONE of their kids should have an Irish given name. So, naturally, the fact that I have a very Irish sounding name (both first and last) gets pointed out to me almost every single time I meet somebody new. Sigh.
eflan
eflan

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 3/28/2012, 7:49 am

I am TC/Tece. Given name is Teresa, my dad hated the nickname Terry so I was called Tracy - which was shortened to TC, when said fast turned into Tece (pronounced Teese). Some people call me Treese or Treesy, my brothers called me Top Cat or Top Critter (extending the TC thing!) Basically been called anything that starts with a T!

TC/GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeAnne12 3/28/2012, 8:37 am

[/quote]

Lee Anne...can we see your photos somewhere?

Ava[/quote]

Hi Ava,

I have a few on Flickr. The first few aren't that good. I was trying to get some photos at our farm. I need to put some more up... Anyway, here's the link...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65677256@N02/page1/

Lee Anne
LeeAnne12
LeeAnne12

Female Posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 3/28/2012, 8:47 am

LeeAnne12 wrote:

Ava[/quote]

Hi Ava,

I have a few on Flickr. The first few aren't that good. I was trying to get some photos at our farm. I need to put some more up... Anyway, here's the link...

Lee Anne[/quote]

BBG and Josh HAVE to check these out. GREAT PICS!!!!!Who Are You?  - Page 2 3170584802
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  JK 3/28/2012, 8:50 am

My name is Jonathan. Not a particularly uncommon first name and it got to where there were three of us working in the same department so I just starting going by and signing things JK, K being my last initial. Also told them if they found anything wrong with any documents I signed that way that I was Just Kidding, they didnt buy it Rolling Eyes. Changed jobs and now im the only Jonathan so i get to use my name again Smile.

Had a few people try to call me Johnny but its my dads name and neither of us liked it.

Only actual nickname I was ever given for any extended time was Cleaver......dont ask... Shocked
JK

Male Posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate888 3/28/2012, 9:37 am

LeeAnne12 wrote:

Ava[/quote]

Hi Ava,

Lee Anne[/quote]

Lovely photos, really impressive. I'm thinking you must be a patient lady to get those. I am a hobby photographer and I'm getting a telephoto lens soon so I can try to get some wildlife images.
Kate888
Kate888

Female Posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeAnne12 3/28/2012, 12:05 pm

Thanks Kate and Goosegirl! This is my favorite time of year to get the birds, because there are varieties in the backyard coming through that I normally don't see. :-) Now, if I can find the time to get out there....

Kate, good luck with getting your telephoto lens. You'll have to share some of your photos! :-)

Thanks again!

Lee Anne
LeeAnne12
LeeAnne12

Back to top Go down

Post  AranMC 3/28/2012, 1:59 pm

I use my real name of Aran, the M C is for my middle name and surname.... I'm English but living in Ontario, Canada. I don't call it The Great White North, I call it much worse than that at times since I live in zone 3..... tongue tongue tongue

Aran
AranMC
AranMC

Female Posts : 80

http://vibrantinhealth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BackRiver_SFG 3/28/2012, 3:32 pm

I love birding. Your pictures are really nice! Thanks for sharing!
BackRiver_SFG
BackRiver_SFG

Male Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeAnne12 3/30/2012, 12:32 am

BackRiver_SFG wrote:I love birding. Your pictures are really nice! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

Lee Anne

LeeAnne12
LeeAnne12

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 3/30/2012, 4:36 am

I've been called a lot of nasty things growing up related to my weight. Even now grown men will yell nasty weight related insults at me from the safety of their autos. I go by my real name Shannon. Please do what you can to teach the young that there is no excuse for bullying. I know many of you are parents and grand parents who already teach kindness and I for one thank you.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  braim5 3/30/2012, 7:03 am

Beautiful pictures LeeAnne!

My name is Russlana. Most people I encounter can not pronounce, spell, or remember that name. My mom named me after my Grandpa, Russell. I've gone by Rusty most of my life. When I was really young, my family called me Hope or Little Hope (my middle name). Some of my family now merge the nickname and real name and call me Rusty-anna.
braim5
braim5

Female Posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  BackRiver_SFG 3/30/2012, 4:50 pm

my good friends call me Landfill
BackRiver_SFG
BackRiver_SFG

Male Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post  AvaDGardner 4/9/2012, 9:06 pm

I'm so glad I asked, LeeAnn. Your photos are *stunning.* What length lens do you use?

Your eye is very good! Thank you for sharing. Are there more than 4 to see?

Ava
AvaDGardner
AvaDGardner

Female Posts : 634

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeAnne12 4/14/2012, 12:56 am

Thanks so much, Ava! I'm using a 600mm lens and am in a hide. I have "props" set up around the yard so I can get photos in a more natural setting. There are four pages of photos. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see where you can click to go to the next page. I need to upload some more. The next few weeks are my favorite time to photograph, because I can get photos of birds migrating through. I started feeding my bluebirds mealworms today! Their babies are about to fledge, so I'm hoping to get some photos of the parents feeding the babies. :-)

Anyway, thanks again.

Lee Anne
LeeAnne12
LeeAnne12

Back to top Go down

Post  dougneiner 4/14/2012, 1:08 am

I'm using a 600mm lens and am in a hide.

@LeeAnne12 -- Wow… I am an amateur photographer as well, but I feel a whole lot more amateur than photographer after seeing your amazing wildlife shots! The strongest zoom I have is a 200mm, though it is a vibration reducing lens. I need to save up for a 600mm, though it obviously takes more than just a lens to capture shots like that!

Thanks for sharing!

Doug

P.S. Also, to go along with the thread – my name is Doug, and most of the time people just call me that. When I was young, my siblings called me watermelon head – they must have been jealous of my brain size (Or just commenting on my large head)! More recently, I picked up the name "Magical Doug" at work – far more complementary term than watermelon head Smile
dougneiner
dougneiner

Male Posts : 15

http://dougneiner.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 4/14/2012, 1:33 am

My name is Turan and I don't recall ever having a nickname. I was named after a friend of my mother's in school. Turan means Turkish in Persian. My mom grew up in Iran.
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Post  morganfam7 4/14/2012, 2:24 am

shannon1 wrote:I've been called a lot of nasty things growing up related to my weight. Even now grown men will yell nasty weight related insults at me from the safety of their autos. I go by my real name Shannon. Please do what you can to teach the young that there is no excuse for bullying. I know many of you are parents and grand parents who already teach kindness and I for one thank you.

Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear that people do that. Truly, people don't realize what harm they are doing. It's wrong and I, for one, am sorry this happens. I'm not a tiny person either, and I do notice that people treat me different than before I had all the kids. I have strong hypothyroidism, but people automatically assume things. I hate buying the ice cream for a birthday party for that very reason. Anyways, didn't want this to slip by without saying something. You're not alone and it's not right!

Marcy
morganfam7
morganfam7

Female Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 4/14/2012, 9:11 am

There is a healthy overweight and an unhealthy overweight. All the goodies coming from the garden along with the exercise and fresh air tending the garden will make for healthy. So says another overweight gardener and my doctor agrees.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeAnne12 4/15/2012, 3:00 pm

The strongest zoom I have is a 200mm, though it is a vibration reducing lens.

Thanks, Doug! Have you thought about getting a teleconverter for your lens? That would give you a little more length. I'm not sure, but you might lose the auto focus on the lens. Some work and some don't. It works with my 600mm, but it doesn't focus as quickly and you lose an f stop.

Lee Anne
LeeAnne12
LeeAnne12

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/15/2012, 7:27 pm

I'm Michelle, as my signature says. When I was born my father was stationed overseas (during Vietnam) and my mom, who went with him was trying to decide between that and Jennifer. She chose Michelle thinking it would be far less common. Little did she know the name was becoming very popular stateside!

My parents decided to call me by the diminutive Shelly, but children can be cruel, so I was often called smelly or belly in elementary school. So by 6th grade I'd had enough and insisted on being called by my given name.

Later, I knew several girls with the same name, and classes could get confusing because there'd be two or even three of us in the same class. Some friends started calling me Mitch, until another group of mean girls decided calling me by the rhyming word that starts with a "B", which ended that nickname promptly.

In high school my best friends called me Sparky, because I was always so bubbly. That was kept between us, though, so nobody got a chance to mess it up for me.

Since growing up I hadn't had any nicknames until I had my first son. Now I'm usually called Mommy or Honey, depending on if it's my sons or husband doing the talking. Friends just call me Michelle, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Shannon, I understand how cruel children can be. I was most often the target for the cruelty in elementary & junior high. In high school I developed a pretty sharp tongue and sarcastic wit with mean girls, and they decided I wasn't worth the trouble any more. I gave those behaviors up later, because I realized I was letting them change me in a way I didn't like. Growing up I was always told to "just ignore them and they will stop." We know better now with regards to bullying, and I'm very grateful that my boys' school has a zero tolerance policy with regard to bullying. I try to teach my boys compassion, acceptance and understanding. The results of my efforts won't be know. Until we can see what kind of men they grow up to become.
BIG hug
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Female Posts : 862
Location : Lake City, (NE) FL; USDA Hardiness Zone 8b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum