Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Toplef10Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I22gcj10Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Toplef10Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I22gcj10Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Today at 11:26 am

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Today at 11:19 am

» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker Today at 6:57 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/15/2024, 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising 4/4/2024, 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 4/1/2024, 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning.

5 posters

Go down

What sort of time and day would be best for you to make a meeting.

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_lcap0%Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_lcap25%Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_lcap0%Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_lcap75%Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Empty Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning.

Post  MidTNJasonF 4/1/2010, 9:23 pm

As I mentioned in a previous post I would love to get those of us in the greater Middle Tennessee area together for an informal meet and greet. This could be something that leads to additional meetings if there is interest. I am trying to lean a little on a friend who manages a Garden Supply center and get him donate a few things for a little goodie bag. It may only be a couple packets of seeds or I might talk him into something even better.

I would suggest a dutch treat dinner or lunch gathering at a casual restaurant somewhere in Nashville since that is fairly central for the folks that live in the outer suburbs such as myself.

I would also like to suggest that we do a mini seed exchange. If you have some partial packets of seeds you will not be using bring them in. We can trade a few items and everyone can try something new in their gardens.

Please post if you would like to try to attend this. Please vote in the poll if you have a preference on time. Once I get some feedback on interest I will post up some better details on date and location. If you have suggestions for date and locations feel free to post those as well.

Last edited by MidTNJasonF on 4/12/2010, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MidTNJasonF
MidTNJasonF

Male Posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Empty getting together

Post  homeschoolmom 4/9/2010, 5:34 pm

I would love for all of us to get together and meet............right now Sat. are my only day in the yard and garden. Hard to pick a time. I'll keep ref. back to see what others say but would really like to see this happen! patti
homeschoolmom

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Empty Re: Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning.

Post  MidTNwannabe 4/12/2010, 9:47 pm

Maybe I'm not very bright, but I can't figure out how to vote.
I could attempt a Saturday morning meeting.
After buying the lumber and 'mel's mix' materials a month ago I FINALLY planted my first squares tonight. Very excited!
MidTNwannabe

Male Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Empty Re: Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning.

Post  boffer 4/12/2010, 10:07 pm

MidTNwannabe wrote:Maybe I'm not very bright, but I can't figure out how to vote.

Just wanted you to know that the voting period expired-it's not you!

Jason should be responding soon.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  MidTNJasonF 4/12/2010, 10:09 pm

May want to give it a try again. I think I have edited the poll options to allow it to continue.

This did not get the response I had hoped but I would still love to make something happen.
MidTNJasonF
MidTNJasonF

Male Posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Empty About the get-together

Post  StarrCruise 4/21/2010, 2:17 pm

Hello fellow squarefooters! I am brand new to this forum and the SFG. I was in Lowes one day late last summer waiting for my boyfriend to finish shopping (OMG!) and saw Mel's book. It was like a magnet! I sat down on some patio furniture and devoured everything I could speedreading. Not only did it save my boyfriend's life, but it had me hooked! I didn't get the book that day because I thought I couldn't start til this spring. Although wrong on that, glad I did because I got the new advanced version. So glad I found this forum. So - have the materials to build three boxes, putting Mel's mixture together this weekend and building and planting. I have done very very little gardening, although I have AT LEAST 150 houseplants - yes - inside a barely 1500 sqft house. Perhaps Mel and I should start a new book on sqft indoors LOL. I would love to attend your get-together if possible. I am in a little town called Theta, in between Springhill, Franklin and Columbia. Thrilled this meeting will happen in Nashville - close enough. Couldn't seem to vote, however, so assuming it is now officially closed. I am open to any of the times, although I like the Saturday breakfast time the best as well.

In the meantime, I haven't completely "finished" the book cover to cover, and would like suggestions on putting boxes on sloped/hilly property. I think my first three boxes and compost sites will be safe from major water flow on slightly slanted land, but our property is quite challenging - and I know these boxes will be like potato chips and miniature horses - you can't have just one, or three or ..... All suggestions greatly appreciated. Look forward to getting to know everyone!
Starr
StarrCruise

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee Square Foot get together planning. Empty Well - it let me vote! Will ya look at that?

Post  StarrCruise 4/21/2010, 2:21 pm

Hello again. So far I have probably impressed you with my lack of technology and NO LACK for words! I was able to vote after I posted my initial reply so I hope this comes together for all. Thanks. Starr
StarrCruise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down