Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Toplef10June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... I22gcj10June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Toplef10June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... I22gcj10June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker Today at 6:57 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by sanderson Today at 12:00 am

» Compost not hot
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/15/2024, 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising 4/4/2024, 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 4/1/2024, 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus...

+4
The Cynergist
Furbalsmom
Ha-v-v
Stacie
8 posters

Go down

June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Empty June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus...

Post  Stacie 6/21/2011, 7:44 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
This is an update from about a week ago. We are finally getting quite a bit of rain so I expect things to really take off.
Stacie
Stacie

Female Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Empty Re: June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus...

Post  Ha-v-v 6/21/2011, 8:09 pm

Everything looks so good !! You have done really well making every spot count in your garden and yard, I love it Smile I am doing potatoes like you as well. They were fine and bushy until I started adding straw and boxes on top of boxes. I have not watered them at all, leaving that to natural rain now. I cant see the soil so I never knew if it was dry or wet. I am going to just wait it out for the potatoes and learn from my "large" experiment. I like your videos Smile
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Empty Re: June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus...

Post  Furbalsmom 6/21/2011, 10:14 pm

Stacie what a great video and your garden is doing so well. I have to admit, it was kind of funny though, here's a squash, and there's another squash, this is another squash,well, here's another squash. I lost track of counting, but I guess your family loves squash just as much as mine does.

You mentioned you were not sure about your sugar snap peas and snow peas. You can eat the pod of both and all the seeds.
Snow peas are flat and you can see the seeds inside the pod. They are so good for stir fries. Don't let the seeds fatten up or they get a bit mealy.
Sugar snap peas are very rounded and my family loves to eat them straight off the vine or just blanched for 1 minute, then cool them in ice water. They are great just like that or with a ranch or asian style dip. We often take the sugar snap peas, cook them in boiling water for no more than two minutes and serve them as a side dish with butter and salt.

My sugar snap peas are blooming like crazy and the first peas are forming. I can hardly wait.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  The Cynergist 6/22/2011, 12:16 am

Holy Hannah Stacie. I can't get over how much you have and how fast you seem to get to harvest stuff. I think you're garden qualifies as a farm.

My carrots have been in the ground more than a month and they're just starting to make a showing. I am soooo jealous it's not even funny.

About the pineapple sage, I had that last year and I found it made a nice tea with honey and lemon.

Something we have in common: Our next door neighbours lost a beautiful willow tree this year. I have to say I did quite a bit of complaining about that tree and it's ever spreading roots. It was sad to see it go though. But my garden will get a lot more sun now.

I love that you do garden videos; so do I. Do you have a youtube channel? I'd love to connect to you.
The Cynergist
The Cynergist

Female Posts : 141

http://adf.ly/115253/gardenblog

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacie 6/22/2011, 12:03 pm

Thanks. Yes there has been a lot of squash because we love it. The container squash aren't doing so well anymore and I've "pruned" the squash plants in two of my SFG. I need to do a video just on the squash. I would be so sad if my plants stopped producing so much. I have also harvested all but one square of carrots, and replaced all of my sugar snap peas with Kentucky pole beans. I do have a You Tube Channel. Our Freedom Garden is the name of the channel. I would love to watch some videos of yours. I've learned as much from You Tube videos as I have from all of the books I've bought. This is my first year to do this whole gardening thing so there has been much to learn.
June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Soon_w10
Here is a photo I took yesterday agter a good rain of some green bell peppers and a squash.
June Update on My Eight SFG Plus...Plus... Rainy_10
Here is one of some banana peppers.
Blessings,
Stacie
Stacie
Stacie

Female Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  petals1973 6/22/2011, 12:15 pm

Stacie,

Love your garden! Great video too. Did you plant all of the same kind of squash or did you do different types? Did you have one kind that produced more than the others?

Thanks!

Margarita
petals1973
petals1973

Female Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post  FamilyGardening 6/22/2011, 1:16 pm

wow cheers what a great video!!

your garden is so lush and pretty!!

Very Happy thanks for sharing with us!

hugs
rose
FamilyGardening
FamilyGardening

Female Posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom 6/22/2011, 4:36 pm

This is my first year to do this whole gardening thing so there has been much to learn.

OMG, Shocked I forgot this was your FIRST year! You have gone into gardeining in such a huge way. And look at all your successes. cheers I am even more amazed.
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  AprilakaCCIL 7/1/2011, 10:39 pm

Awesome garden...((LOVE IT)).

AprilakaCCIL
AprilakaCCIL

Female Posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post  Barkie 7/2/2011, 3:29 am

Stacie you've learned good and quick. Almost wish I hadn't watched your vid as you have much better weather for growing peppers and tomatoes than I can ever hope for but I enjoyed it really. This is always the thing with gardens peppers like to sunbathe but that sort of weather makes potatoes look all hot and bothered. I'll send some of our spare British rain over to you.
Barkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down