Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars Toplef10Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars I22gcj10Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars Toplef10Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars I22gcj10Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Bokashi
by sanderson Today at 1:08 am

» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 12:46 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars

5 posters

Go down

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars Empty Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars

Post  nancy 4/5/2011, 1:07 pm

The Civic Center Garden Sale is the weekend of May 7-8. Last year it was very cool (temperature) and rainy, but we had an amazing time! We will be more appropriately dressed this year. =) Kids receive a free plant - mine chose a daisy last year and it is doing well so far this year. She put it in the lower left corner of her sfg. I was worred about it after the flood, but it is coming in nicely. I was hoping to put it in the butterfly bed, but she denied me - maybe we'll get another one this year.

Also pencil in April 23 at Marvin's Organic Gardens for their thinkGREEN event from 12-6. Several of us have talked about getting together to finally meet each other. The more the merrier! And they sell Zoo Doo! I can't wait!

Hope to see you soon!
nancy
nancy

Female Posts : 595

Back to top Go down

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars Empty Re: Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars

Post  MasonGarden 4/5/2011, 1:21 pm

Nancy, thanks for the update on the Civic Garden event. I'll mark my calendar for that as well. We have another thread about the "thinkGREEN" event at Marvin's Organic Garden (Calling All Cincinnati-area SFG'ers), but maybe we can keep our Cincy news in one place, so we don't have to go: Now where was that post about the red wigglers giveaway in Cincy??? :scratch: This post title is a good place to start, so I'll copy the info about thinkGREEN here.

MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Female Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars Empty Re: Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars

Post  nancy 4/6/2011, 11:15 am

I'll bring my extra watermelon seeds to Marvin's, too. And a free packet of chives that Baker Creek sent me. I don't need it as they grow wild in my backyard, no matter how often I try to kill them. Twisted Evil

Last edited by nancy on 4/6/2011, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling - well, typing errors)
nancy
nancy

Back to top Go down

Greater Cincinnatians - Mark Your Calendars Empty Delhi Spring Gardening Fair

Post  Glendale-gardener 4/7/2011, 11:01 pm

I'm definitely in for the Civic Garden sale!

Just wanted to post this one in case anyone was interested:

http://www.delhigardencenters.com/

I've never been to their fair but I shop there a lot! It looks like they have lots of good speakers and stuff. I'm hoping to make it up but it is the DH's b-day that Sun, I need to figure out plans for that first!
Glendale-gardener
Glendale-gardener

Female Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post  nancy 4/8/2011, 9:01 am

Ron Wilson is going to be there! I enjoy him on tv. Each of those sessions looks wonderful; I want to attend them all. Thanks for the link!
nancy
nancy

Back to top Go down

Post  Glendale-gardener 4/8/2011, 12:28 pm

They also have a Saturday seminar series. Every week is a different subject, for instance, next Saturday is intro to perennial gardening. I'm planning to go up to the one on vegetable gardening for kids on May 14th at 11 am.

http://www.delhigardencenters.com/index1.html Click on "delhi events"
Glendale-gardener
Glendale-gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 4/8/2011, 12:41 pm

Nancy - Thanks for offering to bring the watermelon seeds to Marvin's!

GG - Thanks for the info on the Delhi event. I will plan to be there in the morning!
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 4/16/2011, 8:44 pm

Hey ya'll, I'm back online. That was a long 2 weeks. Count me in on this event also. I haven't went thru all the threads yet but what color shirts are we wearing?

Last edited by madnicmom on 4/16/2011, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
madnicmom
madnicmom

Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 4/17/2011, 9:42 am

Madnicmom, I'm not sure if you're referring to the Civic Garden Sale or Marvin's thinkGREEN event, but how about we wear (tomato) red to both?! Very Happy Nancy and Glendale-Gardener how does that sound?
happy dance
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Back to top Go down

Post  Glendale-gardener 4/17/2011, 10:27 am

Sounds good to me!
Glendale-gardener
Glendale-gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 4/17/2011, 10:37 am

I was referring to both. Tomato red sounds good to me also.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Back to top Go down

Post  lisaphoto 4/17/2011, 2:25 pm

Hope you don't care if I high jack this thread for a moment. While we have all the Cincinnatians on here, what day are you using as your last frost date? I have gotten conflicting info on the internet. I'm a little bit north of Cincinnati, in Lebanon (by Kings Island)
lisaphoto
lisaphoto

Female Posts : 361

http://www.MomentsToRememberPhotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 4/17/2011, 2:44 pm

Lisa I have no idea (I'm in Mason so I'm close to you). My mom says: "Mother's Day"!
Laughing
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Back to top Go down

Post  Glendale-gardener 4/17/2011, 3:23 pm

April 29th is the last frost date I'm going by
Glendale-gardener
Glendale-gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 4/17/2011, 8:17 pm

i also went with the end of April.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Back to top Go down

Post  nancy 5/5/2011, 2:11 pm

Lisa - I didn't see your question before. I'm pretty sure the sign at Rahn's last year said May 19. I'm waiting until next weekend to put out tomatoes and any annuals.

We (my mom, me, and my daughter) will be at the Civic Garden Center Sale on Sunday. I wish we could go on Saturday as I'm afraid things will be gone by Sunday, but track meets and birthday parties are preventing that. It goes from 11-3 Sunday and the first 200 moms get a "special gift". And there is a flower-pot decorating area for kids this year. Instead of tomato red, I will most likely wear pink. MLB will be using pink bats, etc. so I will wear it, too. I hope I finally get to meet some of you lovely people!!
nancy
nancy

Back to top Go down

Post  Glendale-gardener 5/5/2011, 2:18 pm

I'll be down on Saturday morning if anyone else is going to go. I'm going to celebrate my anniversary on sat night so I might take my mom down after our brunch on Sunday if she wants to go. Should we exchange numbers via PM so we can text if I make it?
Glendale-gardener
Glendale-gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 5/5/2011, 2:38 pm

I'll plan to arrive on Saturday morning between 9:00-9:30 am. I'll wear a pink as well (and now that I've posted a picture, you'll recognize my face - but my hair is a little wavier now). I'll also PM my cell number to you, GG.
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 5/6/2011, 4:52 pm

We will be there tomorrow but probably not til 12noon. My parents want to go with us also.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 5/7/2011, 6:03 pm

We didn't find the flower pot decorating area but did bring home some zinna, daisy, hosta, cone flower and some white fuzzy plant , I think it's Lamb ear but the tag said something about being Hairy Spider something. It was nice but nothing like Marvin's . Thanks for the heads up about this Nancy.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 5/8/2011, 7:50 pm

Yes, thanks Nancy! Sorry we missed you Madnicmom. We were there a couple of hours, but left just before noon. I went to the Civic Garden event yesterday morning with a friend, and we got to meet Glendale-Gardner face-to-face! wave smile It was nice to walk around with the two of them (both are experienced gardeners), and get advice about which plants to consider. I left with a beautiful hosta, and a tray of herb plants to start a kitchen herb garden (rosemary, thyme, cilantro, parsley, chives, oregano, basil). After the Civic Garden visit, the three of us went to another shop in the area and purchased some flowers (marigolds in my case), to add to the SFG! A very productive morning!

Looking forward to the next local event!
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Back to top Go down

Post  nancy 5/8/2011, 8:17 pm

I'm SO excited you guys got to meet and hang out for a while! My mom, daughter, and I went around 1 today. My daughter decorated a little pot with leaf impressions - very cool. I got a neat "oregano" plant marker free as a mom-gift. I bought a lantana for the backyard, a new oregano, and a hellebore! I'm SO excited about the last one. Next winter it will bloom a dark blue / purple. I can't wait! The people we talked to were all so wonderful. My mom was very impressed and can't wait until next year's sale. Very Happy

If anyone hears about a native plant sale - please let me know. I'm looking for more plants for the shade garden. Glenwood Garden isn't doing theirs this year due to the Bug exhibit.

Happy Mother's Day, ladies! Hope to see you very soon!
nancy
nancy

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 5/8/2011, 8:21 pm

Oh, yes Happy Mother's Day to you (all) as well! What beautiful weather we had for our special day today! sunny
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down