Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 Toplef10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 I22gcj10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 Toplef10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 I22gcj10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Today at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Today at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Today at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Today at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer

+16
yolos
LilBittyBean
Yardslave
bluelacedredhead
RJARPCGP
Kelejan
mollyhespra
Scorpio Rising
Judy McConnell
donnainzone5
countrynaturals
CapeCoddess
OhioGardener
AtlantaMarie
sanderson
trolleydriver
20 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 Empty Re: TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer

Post  RJARPCGP 9/6/2019, 11:47 am

Here's the red one on my right leg: (right, from my perspective)

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 20190910
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 Empty Re: TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer

Post  RJARPCGP 9/6/2019, 11:53 am

Here's the same one with more light:

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 20190911
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/6/2019, 12:05 pm

Frustrating time this morning. I am trying to juggle appointments with the radiation oncologist, imaging center for bone scan, urologist and family doctor (GP). These offices/clinics are all booked solid. Will be seeing the oncologist this afternoon. Made a change to an appointment already scheduled with my family doctor only to get a call 10 minutes later from the imaging center.  The only time they can get me in is on the same morning as the appointment with the family doctor. It's an important scan and if I don't take it they will delay it for several more days. So I will have to change the appointment with the GP which means that it will be delayed for several days at best.  I had an appointment booked with the urologist to review the bone scan results. I expected to get the bone scan done sooner but now the urologist appointment turns out to be one day before the actual scan. So I had to reschedule with the urologist for 9 days after the scan. I am feeling like I have taken on the job of medical receptionist.

It's difficult not to think about the monster that is eating away at me inside. I've been waking up in the middle of the night and many times after that with the diagnosis and scary treatments on my mind. Hard to believe that my summer started so well with my sister visiting from the UK. It was like being on top of a mountain and now I have crashed down into a very dark valley. 

I need to pray for patience and peace.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/6/2019, 12:16 pm

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, TD. We have similar issues here with Hubby's VA. I guess health care is in crisis everywhere. Sad 

I also know what you're going through with sleep. Just when you need it most, it's most elusive. When I woke up this morning, the TV was still on and Hubby was asleep in his chair, still wearing his glasses and headphones. That means he was up all night, worrying about his own cancer scare and frustration because he can't get in to see his doctor, either, and now it's Friday again, so nothing will get done until at least next week. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/6/2019, 12:35 pm

RJARPCGP wrote:Here's the same one with more light:

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 20190911
Yup, that's what mine looked like. Get it checked out. Sorry. Sad  (It was a simple procedure, with no ill effects -- just an inconvenience.)
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 9/6/2019, 12:40 pm

I generally see a dermatologist annually, having had several squamous cell carcinomas removed in the past.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/6/2019, 12:57 pm

countrynaturals wrote:I'm so sorry for what you're going through, TD. We have similar issues here with Hubby's VA. I guess health care is in crisis everywhere. Sad 

I also know what you're going through with sleep. Just when you need it most, it's most elusive. When I woke up this morning, the TV was still on and Hubby was asleep in his chair, still wearing his glasses and headphones. That means he was up all night, worrying about his own cancer scare and frustration because he can't get in to see his doctor, either, and now it's Friday again, so nothing will get done until at least next week. Sad
So sad. I guess there are too many of us getting to the age where we need medical care. The medical systems everywhere are feeling the strain. I think as well that with the improvement in screening and detecting illness there are more people needing care once diagnosed.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 9/7/2019, 10:06 am

TD, I'm learning the hard way that I am not in control. You seem to be doing the same. It's very frustrating for us control freaks, lol!

Know I'm thinking about you constantly & sending healing & peace....
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/12/2019, 5:05 pm

This horrible PCa journey continues. My bone scan that was scheduled for next Wednesday has been moved up to tomorrow. My pelvic CT scan is scheduled for the 24th.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 9/12/2019, 5:31 pm

I am keeping you in my thoughts as well, TD.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/12/2019, 8:57 pm

trolleydriver wrote:This horrible PCa journey continues. My bone scan that was scheduled for next Wednesday has been moved up to tomorrow. My pelvic CT scan is scheduled for the 24th.
The sooner the better. Waiting and worrying takes its own toll. Sad We're going through similar ordeals with Bob and Katie. Everything is hurry up and wait. Always long on questions and short on answers. TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 671790 

Good luck, tomorrow. We'll be waiting with fingers crossed for the best results possible. BIG hug
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/12/2019, 11:59 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:This horrible PCa journey continues. My bone scan that was scheduled for next Wednesday has been moved up to tomorrow. My pelvic CT scan is scheduled for the 24th.
The sooner the better. Waiting and worrying takes its own toll. Sad We're going through similar ordeals with Bob and Katie. Everything is hurry up and wait. Always long on questions and short on answers. TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 671790 

Good luck, tomorrow. We'll be waiting with fingers crossed for the best results possible. BIG hug
Agree!  Prayers and waiting, TD!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8682

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/13/2019, 2:37 am

Waiting for more information is hard.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21487

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/13/2019, 8:02 pm

How did it go, today, TD? Any good news? I love you At least that part of the ordeal can be checked off the list. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/13/2019, 8:19 pm

countrynaturals wrote:How did it go, today, TD? Any good news? I love you At least that part of the ordeal can be checked off the list. Cool
Thanks for asking CN.The bone scan procedure went well. I won't get the results for a few days.  From the injection I am now radioactive for a week or so.  If I cross the border into the USA or fly anywhere I will set off sensors Very Happy.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/13/2019, 9:35 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:How did it go, today, TD? Any good news? I love you At least that part of the ordeal can be checked off the list. Cool
Thanks for asking CN.The bone scan procedure went well. I won't get the results for a few days.  From the injection I am now radioactive for a week or so.  If I cross the border into the USA or fly anywhere I will set off sensors Very Happy.
Same thing here. Friday tests are the pits, since there's no chance of learning anything until after the weekend -- not to mention the fact that today is Friday The Thirteenth! affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/14/2019, 2:08 am

trolleydriver wrote:. . . I won't get the results for a few days.  From the injection I am now radioactive for a week or so.  If I cross the border into the USA or fly anywhere I will set off sensors Very Happy.
Shocked Do you know what kind of rays you are emitting?

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 9/14/2019, 5:59 am

CN... Friday the 13th is a WONDERFUL day!

TD, I hope you're feeling good this morning!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 9/14/2019, 7:06 am

countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:
Same thing here. Friday tests are the pits, since there's no chance of learning anything until after the weekend -- not to mention the fact that today is Friday The Thirteenth! affraid
And on that day, IIRC, I saw a honking mosquito, when it was sunny! As if it were only 8 AM! Shocked Mad Sad 

I didn't even go outside until at least near 1 PM, IIRC. It looked like a Massachusetts mosquito!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/18/2019, 11:36 am

Any news, yet? bounce  How are you feeling? I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/18/2019, 1:09 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Any news, yet? bounce  How are you feeling? I love you
No news yet on the bone scan. Had an appointment with my GP this morning but he had not received the results. To be honest I am a bit of a mental wreck right now. Had a good day yesterday when we took a drive to a beautiful town about one hour from here. I have a CT scan scheduled for next Tuesday.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/18/2019, 4:16 pm

This doctor recommends taking a daily drive to increase your endorphins. I know it's hard to stay cheerful 24/7 but sessions of endorphin-raising can only help. I love you

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/18/2019, 4:23 pm

sanderson wrote:This doctor recommends taking a daily drive to increase your endorphins.  I know it's hard to stay cheerful 24/7 but sessions of endorphin-raising can only help.  I love you
Thanks doc. We actually did that yesterday and went for lunch and a walkabout in a beautiful town about one hour from our house.TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 2 Img_2594
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/18/2019, 6:23 pm

Gorgeous, TD. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/18/2019, 8:03 pm

Great pic, glad you are feeling well.  In my thoughts and prayers.  Stay Positive as much as you can!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next