Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
New member Toplef10New member 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

New member I22gcj10New member 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New England, December, 2019
by countrynaturals Today at 11:05 am

» What are your best Greenhouse tips for a first timer?
by countrynaturals Today at 10:54 am

» Container Gardening
by countrynaturals Today at 10:06 am

» new member needs help
by Dan in Ct Today at 9:56 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by countrynaturals Today at 9:37 am

» Brand new in SW Idaho
by AtlantaMarie Today at 8:48 am

» Is this the right place?
by Kelejan Today at 6:21 am

» What, no French Fries?
by Kelejan Today at 6:19 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by yolos Yesterday at 11:56 pm

» N&C Midwest: November/December 2019!
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing October to December 2019
by Kelejan Yesterday at 7:07 pm

» Fifth Year SFG in Canada
by Kelejan Yesterday at 6:30 pm

» Greenhouse Dollhouse
by sanderson Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» December: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas
by sanderson Yesterday at 5:35 pm

» Potato Seeds, not Seed Potatoes
by sanderson Yesterday at 5:06 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson Yesterday at 5:05 pm

» Hydrogen Peroxide
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:27 pm

» Butterfly Junction
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Awesome Weather Site
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:21 pm

» Hi I’m new
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:14 pm

» 2018/2019 SFG in Brooks, GA
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» Serrano Peppers
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» What will you do different?
by Dan in Ct Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» December Avatar: 'Tis The Season!
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:20 am

» Pruning and harvesting peppers at the same time
by countrynaturals 12/3/2019, 8:32 pm

» Friday Rookie Topic: Carrots
by countrynaturals 12/3/2019, 8:11 pm

» Friday Rookie Topics 2012
by countrynaturals 12/3/2019, 7:56 pm

» FRIDAY'S ROOKIE TOPIC XV, KOHLRABI
by countrynaturals 12/3/2019, 7:51 pm

» Friday Rookie Topic XIV: Potato Onions
by Scorpio Rising 12/2/2019, 8:10 pm

» Mid-South: December
by yolos 12/1/2019, 4:39 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

New member

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 2/26/2019, 12:30 pm

Hello! I have just joined in Feb. 2019 and see a lot of older dates. Is this forum current? 
I'm currently reading the 3rd edition of SFG and will be starting my first garden this spring. 
Looking forward to it! I live in southern New Hampshire.
Looking forward to connecting with other SFGardeners 

Elaine flower
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  trolleydriver on 2/26/2019, 1:01 pm

Welcome Elaine from Ottawa, Canada.

The forum is current. Rather than cresting new topics/threads all the time we like to bring back and add to existing threads. So you will see old dates in those threads.

It's great that you are reading the 3rd edition of ANSFG.  There are lots of experienced SFGers here to answer questions.  We look forward to seeing photos of your progress.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5138
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 72
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  OhioGardener on 2/26/2019, 1:05 pm

Welcome from Ohio, Elaine!  Yes, the board is active, but it definitely slows down during the winter months as we all hunker down and spend our time reading seed catalogs.

Be sure to check out the New England forums for exchange with others in your region of the country.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Posts : 1233
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  AtlantaMarie on 2/27/2019, 6:25 am

Hi Elaine. Welcome from Atlanta, GA! Glad you've joined us!!

My middle name is Elaine & my family has a place in Harrisville, NH.

We also have a forum member who lives in Keene.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5182
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 56
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

New member Empty New member - Thanks!

Post  ElaineSmith on 2/27/2019, 2:25 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome...I just wish it was warm where I live....20 degrees today! 

thanks  Elaine
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  countrynaturals on 2/27/2019, 4:45 pm

@AtlantaMarie wrote:Hi Elaine.  Welcome from Atlanta, GA!  Glad you've joined us!!

My middle name is Elaine & my family has a place in Harrisville, NH.  

We also have a forum member who lives in Keene.

My middle name is Elaine, too. New member 3170584802 Welcome from Northern California. Yes, we're definitely current, but also treasure our vintage posts. There's lots of timeless wisdom to be found here, too. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 4989
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  Scorpio Rising on 2/27/2019, 10:24 pm

@ElaineSmith wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome...I just wish it was warm where I live....20 degrees today! 

thanks  Elaine
Hey Elaine!  So glad to hear from you!!! 
Yes, we are always on here,actually, but like Ohio GArdener shared, many of us 2 or 3 (if we are lucky) season growers are more energetic when we are doing stuff!  Like, now, we are planning maybe starting seeds indoors, but for sure thinking about when we can work that Mel’s Mix!
 So, excited about your plans?  What do you want to grow?  What do you love to eat!!!??

Welcome!!!!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7206
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 57
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  trolleydriver on 2/27/2019, 10:28 pm

Elaine, are you anywhere near Walpole, NH?  We have friends there.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5138
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 72
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  Kelejan on 2/28/2019, 1:54 am

glad you\'re here  Elaine  happy hi 
from Kelejan in British Columbia
:canada: 

Looking forward to your progress.

I like your little doggie. What is his/her name?  We have a pets thread for dogs and another for cats.  They have their separate threads as our members have a wide range of interests but we do not mix them with  the Square Foot Garden threads. Unless you write that your dog has dug up all the carrots. Very Happy
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 5619
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 84
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  bluelacedredhead on 2/28/2019, 8:59 am

Welcome Elaine from Southern Ontario, Canada.
bluelacedredhead
bluelacedredhead

Female Posts : 107
Join date : 2012-06-21
Location : Hamilton, ON Z6A

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  sanderson on 3/1/2019, 3:31 am

@Kelejan wrote:. . . We have a pets thread for dogs and another for cats.  They have their separate threads as our members have a wide range of interests but we do not mix them with  the Square Foot Garden threads. Unless you write that your dog has dug up all the carrots. Very Happy
KJ, sometimes you crack me up rofl

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18472
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  sanderson on 3/1/2019, 3:53 am

Elaine,  Welcome to the Forum from Central California!  glad you\'re here  Yes, some of the threads go back to 2009 when it was created.  So, there are some oldies but goodies here.  For example, if you type "compost " in the Search box, you will find some 450 threads, the most recent at the beginning.

Folks in your region will probably be the most helpful with the actual growing, but please enjoy and participate in any thread you wish.  Again, welcome!

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18472
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 3/1/2019, 8:48 am

@bluelacedredhead wrote:Welcome Elaine from Southern Ontario, Canada.

Thanks! Happy to have found this resource!  Cool
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 3/1/2019, 8:50 am

@sanderson wrote:Elaine,  Welcome to the Forum from Central California!  glad you\'re here  Yes, some of the threads go back to 2009 when it was created.  So, there are some oldies but goodies here.  For example, if you type "compost " in the Search box, you will find some 450 threads, the most recent at the beginning.

Folks in your region will probably be the most helpful with the actual growing, but please enjoy and participate in any thread you wish.  Again, welcome!

What a wealth of info this is going to be!  Thanks for reaching out. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as the weather warms up!  Smile
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 3/1/2019, 8:52 am

@Kelejan wrote:glad you\'re here  Elaine  happy hi 
from Kelejan in British Columbia
:canada: 

Looking forward to your progress.

I like your little doggie. What is his/her name?  We have a pets thread for dogs and another for cats.  They have their separate threads as our members have a wide range of interests but we do not mix them with  the Square Foot Garden threads. Unless you write that your dog has dug up all the carrots. Very Happy
My dog and garden helper is Brody...he's a mini dachshund who thinks he's in charge of everyone! I see you have a dog too, is that a yorkie?
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 3/1/2019, 8:54 am

@trolleydriver wrote:Welcome Elaine from Ottawa, Canada.

The forum is current. Rather than cresting new topics/threads all the time we like to bring back and add to existing threads. So you will see old dates in those threads.

It's great that you are reading the 3rd edition of ANSFG.  There are lots of experienced SFGers here to answer questions.  We look forward to seeing photos of your progress.
Thanks! and I look forward to seeing the photos of other's gardens as well.  Very Happy
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 3/1/2019, 8:55 am

@bluelacedredhead wrote:Welcome Elaine from Southern Ontario, Canada.
Thank you! Looking forward to it!  sunny
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  ElaineSmith on 3/1/2019, 9:01 am

@OhioGardener wrote:Welcome from Ohio, Elaine!  Yes, the board is active, but it definitely slows down during the winter months as we all hunker down and spend our time reading seed catalogs.

Be sure to check out the New England forums for exchange with others in your region of the country.
I will do! Is the best way to get to the forums by searching a topic? I don't see a link at the top for forums. What a Face
ElaineSmith
ElaineSmith

Posts : 8
Join date : 2019-02-26
Location : Southern NH

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  trolleydriver on 3/1/2019, 9:21 am

@ElaineSmith wrote:
@OhioGardener wrote:Welcome from Ohio, Elaine!  Yes, the board is active, but it definitely slows down during the winter months as we all hunker down and spend our time reading seed catalogs.

Be sure to check out the New England forums for exchange with others in your region of the country.
I will do! Is the best way to get to the forums by searching a topic? I don't see a link at the top for forums. What a Face
The main forums are listed on the Home page (hit the Home button at the top of any page). Select a forum and you can drill down into the subforums and topics. You can also use the Search function to search the site by keywords. Hope that helps.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5138
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 72
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  sanderson on 3/1/2019, 6:07 pm


____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18472
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  Kelejan on 3/1/2019, 6:43 pm

Elaine, that was my little dog Jazz, a puppy from a pregnant rescue dog named Mollie who was saved from a puppy mill.  We had thirteen lovely years together so I remember him as my Avatar. Jazz was one of the the three puppies that survived, the other three died.

His mom was a Silkie and his dad was another puppy mill dog rescue. Silkies have Yorkie and Australian Terrier in their ancestry but once puppy mill people get them they mix them all up just to get cute looking puppies to sell. And people buy them.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 5619
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 84
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum