Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising 3/27/2024, 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver 5/4/2018, 8:54 am

Going to get windy today says Environment Canada.

"Wind gusts of 70 to 80 km/h are likely across much of the region this evening. As a cold front blasts through Eastern Ontario this evening, a few higher wind gusts approaching 90 km/h are possible. The wind gusts are strong enough to cause minor tree and building damage. A few local power outages are possible.,"
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  farmersgranddaughter 5/4/2018, 9:27 am

I staked tomatoes and peppers before storms rolled through Wednesday night.  It rained all day yesterday.  It's cloudy today with temperatures to hit low 70s.  I'm planning to install mulch around the SFG beds tomorrow.  Tomorrow's forecast is mostly sunny with a high of 77.
farmersgranddaughter
farmersgranddaughter

Female Posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/14/2018, 4:14 pm

Beautiful sunny day and temperature of 79F with a nice breeze. No rain in the forecast until Saturday.  Could get down to 39F on Thursday overnight. Frost free planting season just ahead.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/14/2018, 5:24 pm

Perfect. I can't blink or it will disappear!

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21496

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/15/2018, 10:20 pm

Migosh! Out of nowhere came a gullywasher! Must have dropped at least a half inch. We were stuck at the new place. Waited at least 20 minutes, but it didn't stop so we made a mad dash home and got soaked. We really needed the rain, so I am NOT complaining.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 5/21/2018, 2:12 pm

Today is the perfect spring day! Warm, but not hot. Low humidity. A light breeze. Blue sky and sunshine. Ahhhhhh. So very different from a week ago, when four tornadoes and a macro burst blew through my little state, the closest one, just a mile from me. Many homes damaged and many more trees destroyed. Beautiful, big, old trees. It's been a very hard year for trees around here. My yard sustained no damage, but my heart goes out to all of those who did, and those who are still, a week later, waiting for the power to be restored.
hammock gal
hammock gal

Female Posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 5/22/2018, 3:05 pm

HG, I know...that's crazy that so much of the power is till out in CT!  Thank goodness it's not freezing cold out.

Windy and getting ready to rain a bit.  I just mowed the lawn during my lunch break.  Apparently I still have the problem of mowing around the wild flowers - buttercups, ajuga, vinca, dandelions, etc. - that grow in the lawn.  Can't help it, I just can't mow them down. 
Embarassed
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/23/2018, 1:24 am

While in Missouri, there was a NOAH thunderstorm warning. Everyone rushed about folding chairs, letting the semi-wild cats in, taking down hanging petunias, etc. We are all sitting around chatting, when lightening hit and there was a loud Boom! It was so close that there wasn't time to register that it was going to occur. Remember, I'm from CA where we count the seconds between lightening and the sound. Okay, that's the most exciting weather thing I have even experienced. Back in Fresno, CA, now, and the weather is still delightful be headed towards 97*F next week.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 5/23/2018, 10:25 am

Rain at least twice a day not real heavy rain but enough to keep everything wet all day.  Tomatoes are going to be covered with diseases before this ends (at least 7 more days).
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 5/23/2018, 4:11 pm

sanderson wrote:semi-wild cats

Sounds like the Siamese cat I used to have, which was a robin-killer, LOL (back in 2005) (I of course, saw it eating a mouse and/or the like) (Had the kitty from August, 2003 to the forth-quarter of 2005, IIRC)
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 5/25/2018, 7:17 am

sanderson wrote:While in Missouri, there was a NOAH thunderstorm warning.  Everyone rushed about folding chairs, letting the semi-wild cats in, taking down hanging petunias, etc.  We are all sitting around chatting, when lightening hit and there was a loud Boom!  It was so close that there wasn't time to register that it was going to occur.  Remember, I'm from CA where  we count the seconds between lightening and the sound.  Okay, that's the most exciting weather thing I have even experienced.  Back in Fresno, CA, now, and the weather is still delightful be headed towards 97*F next week.
  Lightening is scary thing. I've been hit twice in my lifetime. The last time, I was driving down hiway 55 in Missouri, in my 18 wheeler and lightening struck the stainless steel sun visor on my truck and sounded like a bomb went off. The lightening went through the electrical system of the truck and fried everything.

I've always heard lightening wont strike a vehicle because of the rubber tires. Pretty sure THAT'S wrong. Most people think you see the lightening flash come down from the sky and hit something. In my case, I got hit then it sounded like a nuke went off then the flash.

The first time I got hit, many years ago, I was fishing in a pond and there was an old wire fence partially submerged in the water. I saw a few lightening bolts across the sky and it started to rain a little so I went up under a huge tree nearby to get out of the rain.  WRONG move.

Lightening struck the wire fence in the water and for a second, it looked like the pond was a volcano. Before I knew it lightening hit the tree I was under and took the top half of it off and continued down the tree and stripped the bark completely away. I was literally lifted off the ground two or three feet in a horizontal position then fell back to the ground.

I wasn't injured but the metal watchband I was wearing burned a mark around my wrist and the face of the watch was burned black.  affraid    I used to make fun of people when they ran for cover....
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/25/2018, 3:58 pm

affraid

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 5/25/2018, 4:41 pm

Rainy rainy rainy.  We even have mushrooms growing in the middle of the yard it has been so wet here.  This is in Georgia at the end of May.  The MM is draining well but the constant moisture on the leaves is doing a number on the tomatoes.
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 Mushro10
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 Empty Dry for now---but gonna get drenched soon..

Post  Captblacksmithmike 5/25/2018, 5:04 pm

I am a newbie to the site and having started doing SFG. 

I live in Central Florida---just outside The Villages--for anyone who knows about this place--America's largest 55+ retirement, golfing community in the country--it stretches and is growing over parts of three counties.

For those who don't know exactly where this is---we are not far south of Gainesville and Ocala.  To the NW of Orlando and NE of the Tampa Bay area.  I-75 is our closest interstate, along with the north terminus of the Florida Turnpike at Wildwood. 

My specific area is a small, almost disappearing community called Oxford.

Our summer has started---as I type this the air temp is 91 degrees farenheit--with a heat index of 98, the humidity is over 90% and it is going to get beyond 100% if that is possible----we are going to get hit with the passage of the first tropical season of the year and Hurricane season doesn't officially start till this coming week on June 1st. 

As I type this, it is clouding up, the wind is getting gusty and breezy and Alberto is starting to head north. The real hard rains are forecast to cover most of the state starting late Saturday with Sunday and Monday being the prime days for tons of rain---f according to the early morning forecasts--in our area---as much as 8 inches are possible.

My USDA region is region 9. 

It looks like this might be one of those years in Florida that even without tropical depressions, storms and hurricanes--it will be a wet one--but that will be good to replenish our depleted ground water, aquifers and springs--which in turn has a connection to most of our bodies of surface waters. 

We have had some pretty dry years the past few, even with the passage last year across the entire peninsula by Irma.

Last year was a hard and brutal year for trying to grow veggies and such in these parts--first we had dry, hot weather, till we had Irma rock through and many of us are still picking up at least a few of the pieces she left behind. 

I just hope it does not get so wet and hot this summer---that it rots everything.  I am getting some beautiful production on everything I am growing using SFG.
Captblacksmithmike
Captblacksmithmike

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/25/2018, 8:53 pm

It has been raining all day. It's only 52 right now and we have a fire going in the woodstove. By Memorial Day, it will be pushing 100.  affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/27/2018, 1:57 am

Capt Mike, Welcome to the Forum from central California! glad you\'re here We have relatives in Clearwater and they were expecting inches of rain.

That was a nice introduction you wrote. I have heard that no one gardens during the 3 hottest months of summer. More of spring, fall and winter growing. ??

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/27/2018, 5:05 pm

Here in Ottawa we are looking at 88 degrees F on Monday and with the humidity it will feel like 97F.  We had an ice storm not too long ago and it seems like we skipped most of Spring and are right into Summer weather.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Roseinarosecity 5/27/2018, 5:51 pm

Today here in Southern California, we finally are having Spring weather--81 F.  Most of May was gray with overcast and it was perfect weather for seedlings or transplants.

Whenever there's volcanoes erupting in the western hemisphere, I always wonder if that's why we get cooler than usual weather in Southern California.
Roseinarosecity

Female Posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejo 5/27/2018, 8:33 pm

Seems to me that if a Tropical anything is near the US, South Carolina will get huge amounts of rain. We are expecting the storm to go west, but the rain will come here. We got 3in. today and will rain all week. At least, won't have to water.

Jo
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/27/2018, 10:25 pm

Hey, captblacksmithmik!  

Here it was 93* today...way hotter than normal.  I have stuff ready to go in;  peppers and maters.

Welcome to the SFG forum.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/28/2018, 10:04 am

It could hit triple digits here for the first time.  How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 4 671790 At least I have the consolation of knowing the pool will be nice and warm.  hyper
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/29/2018, 7:34 pm

Still hot, so glad I opted to water yesterday.  Rain as remnant of the tropical storm lope towards us....
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 5/30/2018, 10:26 am

Raining. Raining. Little sunshine. POURING w/ thunder. Raining.

Thanks Alberto.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 5/30/2018, 11:09 am

AtlantaMarie wrote:Raining.  Raining.  Little sunshine.  POURING w/ thunder.  Raining.

Thanks Alberto.
It has been raining for 7-10 days.  It finally looks like the rain may pass and sun may begin to shine this Monday.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/30/2018, 2:06 pm

yolos wrote:
AtlantaMarie wrote:Raining.  Raining.  Little sunshine.  POURING w/ thunder.  Raining.

Thanks Alberto.
It has been raining for 7-10 days.  It finally looks like the rain may pass and sun may begin to shine this Monday.
As usual, we'd love to take some of it off your hands.  Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next