Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker Today at 6:57 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by sanderson Today at 12:00 am

» Compost not hot
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:18 am

Remarkably decent for this time of the summer. Don't worry, it will be hotter than you know what with pollution levels to match in no time.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21531

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:37 am

sanderson wrote:Remarkably decent for this time of the summer.  Don't worry, it will be hotter than you know what with pollution levels to match in no time.
And it's supposed to stay this way all the way 'til the end of the month. I think we can get our entire garden setup on a drip system by then -- a 5 year dream come true. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:47 pm

bounce

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:59 am

countrynaturals wrote:
sanderson wrote:Remarkably decent for this time of the summer.  Don't worry, it will be hotter than you know what with pollution levels to match in no time.
And it's supposed to stay this way all the way 'til the end of the month. I think we can get our entire garden setup on a drip system by then -- a 5 year dream come true. happy turtle
Our 10-day just came out without a single triple-digit day in it! That's all the way to the 3rd of July! cheers  I know it can all change in a heartbeat, but right now I'M CELEBRATING! smiles
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:06 pm

WELL, HOW WOULD EXPECT THE WEATHER TO BE WHERE I AM AFTER I FILLED UP 8, FIVE GALLON BUCKETS OF WATER LAST WEEK.  MONSOON EVERY DAY SINCE...   What a Face
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Had a major thunderstorm come thru a little while ago.  But temps have dropped nicely...!   Very Happy
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5601

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Considering a rice paddy in my back yard, just unrelenting rain.  We had a break over the weekend, but I still was not able to mow half of my back yard.  Unreal.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8703

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:13 pm

78 today. Thunder, lightning, rain -- while the sun's shining, of course -- this is CA, ya know.  Rolling Eyes 79 tomorrow. It is sooo awesome to be able to work outside this time of year. I'm doing touch-up paint from last year's projects and working on irrigation. Getting it all done! happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:Considering a rice paddy in my back yard, just unrelenting rain.  We had a break over the weekend, but I still was not able to mow half of my back yard.  Unreal.
We had about a quarter inch of rain here yesterday in the bright sunshine. It's crazy. Even with all the rain we've had here in the last few weeks, my moisture meter just showed my tomatoes in the half barrels were dry.  thinking
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:35 am

Yesterday broke heat records in Europe. Here, we broke a record for the coldest temp on this day. Rolling Eyes  There isn't even a term for it -- record high-low? Record low-high? Razz
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:59 pm

That happens when the jet stream is meridional, rather than the more normal zonal.  The former is wavy, high and low, the latter, more horizontal, which brings more predictable weather.

I've read several times that meridional jet streams typically indicate overall cooling.  When it's "warm"(er) at the poles, that cold air has to go elsewhere....

Although you probably won't find this information in the media, there's a major area of cold, which is expanding, over Finland, neighboring countries, and parts of Russia.  

It hit 33F here this morning, and there was frost on roofs and windshields, although I didn't see any on the ground.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:47 pm

donnainzone5 wrote:That happens when the jet stream is meridional, rather than the more normal zonal.  The former is wavy, high and low, the latter, more horizontal, which brings more predictable weather.

I've read several times that meridional jet streams typically indicate overall cooling.  When it's "warm"(er) at the poles, that cold air has to go elsewhere....

Although you probably won't find this information in the media, there's a major area of cold, which is expanding, over Finland, neighboring countries, and parts of Russia.  

It hit 33F here this morning, and there was frost on roofs and windshields, although I didn't see any on the ground.
Interesting. All I know is that I'm taking advantage of the cool weather to get a complete irrigation system going so I can spend my gardening time actually gardening for a change. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Meanwhile, in SW Ohio it is 90ºF with 80% humidity, and the "real feel" of 96ºF. More of the same forecast for tomorrow.  Thunderstorms yesterday, so didn't get much gardening done then. Tried to do some this morning, but after picking the squash, radishes, and chard, I was dripping wet with sweat and decided to call it quits until is cools down this evening.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4504

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm

plantoid wrote: There hasn't been a day without heavy rain for at least three weeks in this part of Wales . 

Are you saying that you had 3.5 feet of rain in a single month or similar? That's like T.C. Harvey in southeast Texas!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Harvey
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:53 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
donnainzone5 wrote:That happens when the jet stream is meridional, rather than the more normal zonal.  The former is wavy, high and low, the latter, more horizontal, which brings more predictable weather.

Interesting. All I know is that I'm taking advantage of the cool weather to get a complete irrigation system going so I can spend my gardening time actually gardening for a change. Rolling Eyes
Now it's Alaska that's having a heatwave and we still don't have any of our usual July-brutal-temps in the 10-day forecast. It's actually possible that I could get a real tomato before the inevitable befalls us. yahoo
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:13 pm

I'm attaching an interactive jet stream map.  If you drag your cursor to show Alaska and the Eastern Pacific, you'll see that the jet stream flows north over Alaska, allowing warm air from the south to heat up that area.  

Where the jet stream drops south, it allows cold air to flow that direction.

I thought it might be a good idea to present a visual depiction of the process.

www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/global-jetstream#2019/07/04/1200Z/jetstream/surface/level/overlay=jetstream/orthographic=177.16,44.61,712
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Hot and humid.  Yesterday it was 93F in the shade.  Today a little cooler at 92F in the shade.  Humid humid.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:51 am

MIGOSH! Only 2 hot days in the 10-day forecast! happy turtle  It's like Mother Nature is taking pity on us for last year. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Two (2) pictures are worth 2,000 words.  Very Happy   How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 Summer10
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 20 Summer11

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Unseasonably hot, upper 90s tomorrow and into the weekend...pale
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Sanderson - when I saw your pictures of the wilting squash, I thought it was a picture of my garden.  My tomatoes, that are planted in the soil and that were watered yesterday actually had drooping branches which I have never seen before.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:33 am

yolos wrote:Sanderson - when I saw your pictures of the wilting squash, I thought it was a picture of my garden.  My tomatoes, that are planted in the soil and that were watered yesterday actually had drooping branches which I have never seen before.
Temps are inching up here, too. Nothing like last year, but still enough to slow forward progress. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Currently in Ottawa Canada we are at 33C (92F) and extreme humidity making it feel like 40C (104F).  We have had temps around 30C for several weeks already but today and the next few days will be higher.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Same here, TD.  Dangerously hot and humid...nothing evaporates.  Holding on for the weekend.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Our mild summer is coming to a screeching halt. It will be 105 by next Thursday. dangit
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next