Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 Toplef10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 I22gcj10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 Toplef10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 I22gcj10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017

+6
Jaffa55
Scorpio Rising
Sunsanvil
sanderson
trolleydriver
Kelejan
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 Empty Re: CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017

Post  Kelejan 5/27/2017, 2:18 pm

TD. make sure there are no weeds seeds remaining in your Dirt Shirt.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 Empty Re: CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017

Post  trolleydriver 5/27/2017, 3:25 pm

Kelejan wrote:TD. make sure there are no weeds seeds remaining in your Dirt Shirt.
No seeds but I could end up as a garden bed for PEI potatoes. 

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in May 2017 - Page 5 FS-potato_blessings
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/28/2017, 3:56 am

trolleydriver wrote:As for me, I'll be out working in the garden and wearing my PEI Dirt Shirt which is dyed with 100% Prince Edward Island dirt.
I forgot about the red tee shirts from PEI. And the cow ice cream.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21496

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/28/2017, 8:28 am

sanderson wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:As for me, I'll be out working in the garden and wearing my PEI Dirt Shirt which is dyed with 100% Prince Edward Island dirt.
I forgot about the red tee shirts from PEI.  And the cow ice cream.
You know about Cow's Creamery Ice Cream??? 

Yummy!!!
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampTroll 5/28/2017, 12:20 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
sanderson wrote:

Yummy!!!

Gotta love the timing.  I'm currently wearing my shirt from Cows.  It's delicious!
SwampTroll
SwampTroll

Male Posts : 141

http://literate-troll.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi2 5/28/2017, 8:01 pm

Just had a lovely family meal, where every course had something from the garden. For the main course we had trout with dill, parsley and thyme (lemon and olive oil). As a side we ate salad with fresh lettuce grown in our front yard. And for dessert, we gobbled a strawberry and rhubarb crumble using our very own rhubarb.
Mimi2
Mimi2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/28/2017, 11:46 pm

Mimi2 wrote:Just had a lovely family meal, where every course had something from the garden. For the main course we had trout with dill, parsley and thyme (lemon and olive oil). As a side we ate salad with fresh lettuce grown in our front yard. And for dessert, we gobbled a strawberry and rhubarb crumble using our very own rhubarb.

Dosn't it feel good, Mimi, when you eat something you have grown?

I still have pictures of the first salad I prepared completely from my first SFG.  I started off with a picture  of lettuce, radish, spring onions, etc straight from the garden, the second picture was the veggies cleaned and trimmed, then the plate with the veggies arranged around some  slices of chicken.  I showed the pictures to everyone who would look. Very Happy
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/29/2017, 12:35 pm

SwampTroll wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:
sanderson wrote:

Yummy!!!

Gotta love the timing.  I'm currently wearing my shirt from Cows.  It's delicious!
I have a Cow magnet on the Frig! Business trip to PEI. Wined and dined. During free time, Ken and I bought an ice cream, then walked to a big barn with various crafts where we saw the red shirts. Then found a 2nd Cows and had another ice cream.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampTroll 5/29/2017, 3:24 pm

If the weather holds tomorrow includes:

Trellis Building
Gardens topped off with MM
Cool weather veggies/fruit planting
Tomato plant, and herbs purchasing
Direct sowing of warm weather  veggies
Purchase of additional manure
Compost turning...

Let's hoping I can get through this list.
SwampTroll
SwampTroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi2 5/29/2017, 3:31 pm

Kelejan wrote:
Mimi2 wrote:Just had a lovely family meal, where every course had something from the garden. For the main course we had trout with dill, parsley and thyme (lemon and olive oil). As a side we ate salad with fresh lettuce grown in our front yard. And for dessert, we gobbled a strawberry and rhubarb crumble using our very own rhubarb.

Dosn't it feel good, Mimi, when you eat something you have grown?

I still have pictures of the first salad I prepared completely from my first SFG.  I started off with a picture  of lettuce, radish, spring onions, etc straight from the garden, the second picture was the veggies cleaned and trimmed, then the plate with the veggies arranged around some  slices of chicken.  I showed the pictures to everyone who would look. Very Happy
Yes, I love it. The pink trout looked so pretty with the green herbs from my garden that I almost took a picture. And my husband thanked me for being a gourmet cook. So simple, yet so delicious. My 5 year-old-son helped pick the rubharb, and my ten year-old-daughter and her pals helped make the strawberry rhubarb crumble...Good times were had by all Smile
Mimi2
Mimi2

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi2 5/29/2017, 3:37 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
Mimi2 wrote:I did a lot of gardening over the long weekend. All of therain we have been getting has made the yard very green. Not sure that there's enough sun for the
Mimi did you use all of your tomato and pepper transplants? 

I may have some Tomato (Black Brandywine, Roma, Sweet Million), Pepper (Early California Wonder, Jalapeno, Banana, Chinese 5 Color) and Tomatillo transplants that I could share. I have not yet finished my planting so I am not sure how many I will have left over.
I have a few left over peppers and tomatoes TD if you have any space. They are starting to look a little sad though, as they need to be tranplanted. I have very little space left. But would like to try tomatillos...
Mimi2
Mimi2

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/29/2017, 4:37 pm

Mimi2 wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:
Mimi2 wrote:I did a lot of gardening over the long weekend. All of therain we have been getting has made the yard very green. Not sure that there's enough sun for the
Mimi did you use all of your tomato and pepper transplants? 

I may have some Tomato (Black Brandywine, Roma, Sweet Million), Pepper (Early California Wonder, Jalapeno, Banana, Chinese 5 Color) and Tomatillo transplants that I could share. I have not yet finished my planting so I am not sure how many I will have left over.
I have a few left over peppers and tomatoes TD if you have any space. They are starting to look a little sad though, as they need to be tranplanted. I have very little space left. But would like to try tomatillos...
Mimi we can definitely do a trade. I have spare tomatillos that you can have. What variety of tomatoes and peppers do you have?
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampTroll 5/29/2017, 5:00 pm

Of course the wife had to move us from Ottawa to New Brunswick... *le sigh*
SwampTroll
SwampTroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/31/2017, 1:58 pm

I have not been doing very much these past few days as the excessive heat really made me tired.

Due to the rain a few days ago, when the sun finally came out I managed to make a single mowing of all my grass which took be all day, doing it a half hour at a time.

Then the temperatures rose again and it had stayed so hot.  Yesterday it cooled off a bit in the afternoon so I was able to get the whole area done by supper time. Last night we had some rain and the temperature forecast this afternoon is about ten degrees C cooler, thank goodness, so I will be able to plant my transplants in the evening and give them a good watering so that they survive when the temperature climbs again.

Still so much to do as the weeding really needs to have something done about it.  I must admit the the BTE portions of my garden this year have a very healthy population of weeds, especially of creeping buttercup which to be honest looks beautiful. Swathes of golden yellow.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 6/1/2017, 3:12 am

With humidity and heat, just take it easy. pale

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/1/2017, 8:54 am

sanderson wrote:With humidity and heat, just take it easy.  pale

I do try to pace myself, sanderson.

Continued on CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in JUNE 2017
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5