Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
My garden images - India Toplef10My garden images - India 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

My garden images - India I22gcj10My garden images - India 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Catalog season has begun!
by yolos Yesterday at 9:40 pm

» January & February 2020 - Northern and Central Midwest
by CitizenKate Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by yolos Yesterday at 1:22 pm

» Zazz?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 11:29 am

» Change Title?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Mark's first SFG
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 10:42 am

» Senseless Banter...
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:37 am

» NATIONAL SEED SWAP DAY - 2020
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:34 am

» Upcycling milk cartons into starter packs
by markqz 1/22/2020, 9:36 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by markqz 1/22/2020, 9:23 pm

» Plant-Based Diet
by countrynaturals 1/22/2020, 9:05 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by Scorpio Rising 1/22/2020, 6:19 pm

» TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer
by Scorpio Rising 1/22/2020, 6:05 pm

» garlic
by Scorpio Rising 1/22/2020, 6:03 pm

» Not new, but I've been away for a spell...
by Kelejan 1/22/2020, 12:46 am

» Good day to you all .The name is Gord.I am new around here,and looking forward to learning and sharing with you.
by Kelejan 1/21/2020, 11:14 am

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing January to March 2020
by Kelejan 1/21/2020, 11:04 am

» Celery
by Scorpio Rising 1/20/2020, 4:57 pm

» Gnatrol Bti for Fungus Gnats
by countrynaturals 1/19/2020, 2:51 pm

» Diabetes Friendly Garden
by trolleydriver 1/18/2020, 5:53 pm

» Hey there, small, hot and composty
by Dan in Ct 1/18/2020, 6:55 am

» Brix tests for nutrition density
by Dan in Ct 1/18/2020, 6:13 am

» Answering questions . Good day to you all .
by Scorpio Rising 1/17/2020, 9:10 pm

» Soil Microorganisms
by countrynaturals 1/17/2020, 6:04 pm

» Water and a little more ?
by Dan in Ct 1/17/2020, 4:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by LilBittyBean 1/17/2020, 2:27 pm

» Converting 1"of water.
by Gord 1/16/2020, 7:20 pm

» wheelbarrow
by yolos 1/16/2020, 4:28 pm

» Eagle eggs ready to hatch in nest
by countrynaturals 1/16/2020, 11:26 am

» Biochar?
by countrynaturals 1/16/2020, 10:35 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

My garden images - India

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My garden images - India Empty My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/4/2017, 3:35 am

Here are few  photos of My small balcony jungle produce.
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/4/2017, 5:17 am

Sorry! Unable to upload. So complicated
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/5/2017, 12:29 am

Avinash, sorry to hear you are having issues posting pictures.
Try this link to another thread where I have updated the instructions and included screen shots.
http://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t129p75-how-to-post-a-picture-located-on-your-computer#261759
Hopefully this will help. I would really like to see your "Balcony Jungle"
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1136
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  sanderson on 4/5/2017, 3:43 am

Avinash, Go to the last page of that thread to see the updated instructions.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18600
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/5/2017, 7:18 am

@ralitaco wrote:Avinash, sorry to hear you are having issues posting pictures.
Try this link to another thread where I have updated the instructions and included screen shots.
http://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t129p75-how-to-post-a-picture-located-on-your-computer#261759
Hopefully this will help. I would really like to see your "Balcony Jungle"
Thanks! Will do that
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/5/2017, 7:19 am

@sanderson wrote:Avinash,  Go to the last page of that thread to see the updated instructions.
Thanks!
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/5/2017, 12:30 pm

My garden images - India Img_2018My garden images - India Img_2016



My garden images - India Img_2019

My garden images - India Img_2016
My garden images - India Img_2017
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty My garden images

Post  Avinash on 4/5/2017, 12:39 pm

My garden images - India Img_2020
My garden images - India Img_2021
My garden images - India Img_2022
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  CapeCoddess on 4/5/2017, 1:28 pm

Oh how pretty! Well done! What are those yummy looking yellow things, Avinash? Are they tomatoes?
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 63
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/5/2017, 1:36 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:Oh how pretty!  Well done!  What are those yummy looking yellow things, Avinash?  Are they tomatoes?
CC
Thanks! They are Barry's Crazy cherry tomatoes
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  sanderson on 4/5/2017, 4:06 pm

Great looking plants and fruits. Glad you were able to post photos! Very Happy

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18600
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Scorpio Rising on 4/5/2017, 9:52 pm

YUM!  

Looking good, Avinash!  So glad you found us,hope you hang on, we love to hear about experiences from around the globe....

Thank you!flower
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7263
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 58
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/5/2017, 11:36 pm

My garden images - India 3170584802
So glad you were able to post your photos.
Tell us about what you have planted and what you are doing. I'm curious to see what is different in India vs the US
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1136
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/6/2017, 12:39 am

@ralitaco wrote:My garden images - India 3170584802
So glad you were able to post your photos.
Tell us about what you have planted and what you are doing. I'm curious to see what is different in India vs the US
Thanks! With your and Sandersons help I was able to do that. I stay in Pune city in the state of Maharashtra. 
I have a small balcony on 3rd floor. In that space I grow some flowers and in remaining space heirloom vegetables. I use mix of Cocopeat and compost to grow with weekly dose of 19:19:19. Cocopeat keeps my containers light weight. I can accommodate around 30 odd containers (I place them wherever possible in balcony, window sills). Whether here is quite good and I can grow plants thru out the year. We have three seasons here Feb to May is summer, June to September is rainy season and Oct to Jan is winter. (no frost here). 
I love to grow heirloom tomatoes and peppers and have reasonably good collection of 50+ heirloom tomatoes, lot of colourful radishes, beets mostly from baker creek and Trade wind Fruits. I have some rare squashes and pumpkins seeds from them, though may not be able to grow them in containers. 
In US you have easy access to thousands of heirloom seeds which we don't have here in India. We need to buy them overseas. I tried buying on eBay and Amazon locally but most of those seeds are fake. (I spent three odd months growing Carolina Reaper and one fine day I found that it's ordinary long chilli)
My dream is to start heirloom vegetables farm (grown organically). Let's see how things go!

Regards
Avinash
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/6/2017, 12:41 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote:YUM!  

Looking good, Avinash!  So glad you found us,hope you hang on, we love to hear about experiences from around the globe....

Thank you!flower
Thanks Scorpio for stopping by
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/6/2017, 12:42 am

@sanderson wrote:Great looking plants and fruits.  Glad you were able to post photos! Very Happy
Thanks for the help
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  AtlantaMarie on 4/6/2017, 8:26 am

They look wonderful, Avinash!

I like your grow bag....
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5226
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 56
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt on 4/6/2017, 9:12 am

Beautiful, thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!
What is the first plant? ...Is it ginger?
I just found out about Trade Winds Fruit this year. I got several tomato seed packets from them, but in my location tomatoes are very short and young. I'd guess your blue tomato came from them -- which kind is it?
And what type of ... is it a green eggplant? Is it a kind that is green when ripe, or what color will it change to?
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1439
Join date : 2016-04-11
Location : Port Matilda, PA Zone 5b/6a LF:5/11-FF:10/10

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/6/2017, 9:46 am

@AtlantaMarie wrote:They look wonderful, Avinash!  

I like your grow bag....
Thanks Atlanta Marie!
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/6/2017, 9:56 am

@BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:Beautiful, thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!
What is the first plant? ...Is it ginger?
I just found out about Trade Winds Fruit this year. I got several tomato seed packets from them, but in my location tomatoes are very short and young. I'd guess your blue tomato came from them -- which kind is it?
And what type of ... is it a green eggplant? Is it a kind that is green when ripe, or what color will it change to?
Thanks ! 
Yes it is Ginger. Actually it is old photo. I planted a small piece of about 20-30gms in that 8" pot and in return harvested 450gms of ginger! My blue tomatoes are from Hong Kong - they are Blue berries Tomatoe. I got my Indigo Rose and Dancing with smurfs  from Trade Wind fruits. Indigo Rose was good but DWS produced regular red tomato. 
Yes it is green Eggplant variety with white stripes on it. It will stay green-white on maturity. It is Indian heirloom and generally roasted with spring onion, garlic and chillies.
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Ginger Blue on 4/6/2017, 11:19 am

Very nice, Avinash!  Do I see a peanut plant in there, as well?
Ginger Blue
Ginger Blue

Female Posts : 274
Join date : 2016-06-02
Location : New Hampshire, Zone 4

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/6/2017, 12:33 pm

@Ginger Blue wrote:Very nice, Avinash!  Do I see a peanut plant in there, as well?
Thanks GB
Yes it is Schronce's Deep black peanut.
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/6/2017, 2:11 pm

Darn...you guys really know your plants!

Avinash, any chance you can get a picture of you entire balcony instead of just the individual plants. I would like to see what kind of space you are working with.

ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1136
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt on 4/6/2017, 11:44 pm

@Avinash wrote:
@BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:Beautiful, thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!
What is the first plant? ...Is it ginger?
I just found out about Trade Winds Fruit this year. I got several tomato seed packets from them, but in my location tomatoes are very short and young. I'd guess your blue tomato came from them -- which kind is it?
And what type of ... is it a green eggplant? Is it a kind that is green when ripe, or what color will it change to?
Thanks ! 
Yes it is Ginger. Actually it is old photo. I planted a small piece of about 20-30gms in that 8" pot and in return harvested 450gms of ginger! My blue tomatoes are from Hong Kong - they are Blue berries Tomatoe. I got my Indigo Rose and Dancing with smurfs  from Trade Wind fruits. Indigo Rose was good but DWS produced regular red tomato. 
Yes it is green Eggplant variety with white stripes on it. It will stay green-white on maturity. It is Indian heirloom and generally roasted with spring onion, garlic and chillies.
Wow, that's a lot of ginger! I tried to grow ginger indoors, but the growing cycle was different than my climate and I'd forget to water it, and it died.

I'm sorry your Indigo Rose didn't grow the right color. This will be my first year trying blue tomatoes. One type has sprouted, but not the other.

I did not like eggplant as a child, but I like it a lot now. In my first square foot garden I grew 3 eggplants. Last year I grew 6. My plan this year has 8, but 2 of the seeds haven't sprouted yet. They are all purple-types. I bought small round orange ones once from a market, but they were very very bitter - I think they were over-ripe.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1439
Join date : 2016-04-11
Location : Port Matilda, PA Zone 5b/6a LF:5/11-FF:10/10

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/7/2017, 12:35 am

@ralitaco wrote:Darn...you guys really know your plants!

Avinash, any chance you can get a picture of you entire balcony instead of just the individual plants. I would like to see what kind of space you are working with.

Yes RT. Actually I have fabricated iron stand for containers on outer side of my balcony walls in L shape. width is about 2 feet and length is say 20+feet on one wall and 6+ feet on other side.. Similarly extended my window grills to accommodate few plants I will try to post actual photos today evening.
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum