Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 12:46 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+64
CapeCoddess
suseine
DorothyG
OhioGardener
Dunkinjean
ispinwool
Windsor.Parker
BlackjackWidow
farmersgranddaughter
Ellen62
meatburner
SQWIB
yolos
Turan
aliceingardenland
countrynaturals
Scorpio Rising
sanderson
plantoid
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
BeetlesPerSqFt
LizDTM
stealthmayhem
ColleenW
brianj555
dixie
bigdogrock
VJ72584
No_Such_Reality
Greenbeard
citizenz
SwampTroll
Fiz
hammock gal
Mimi2
greatgranny
walshevak
Robbomb116
donnainzone5
camprn
Judy McConnell
GloriaG
RC3291
AlwaysHotinFL
Banned Member
GWN
Mellen
dstack
Ginger Blue
herblover
MrBooker
newbeone
reynajrainwater
AtlantaMarie
Cajun Cappy
CitizenKate
audrey.jeanne.roberts
kauairosina
trolleydriver
momvet
NAR56
Kelejan
llama momma
68 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Roseinarosecity 1/11/2018, 10:25 pm

I made Ginger Bok Choy Soup with Noodles, recipe from the internet.  I didn't have ramen but I had green tea Japanese noodles; I didn't have scallions, so I used a leek; I also doubled the bok choy because more veggies is better for you.
Roseinarosecity

Female Posts : 315

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Empty Very late posting!

Post  littlejo 1/13/2018, 2:51 pm

I hit draft on my post way back in Nov., I believe? I had to just delete the post to make everything right. I wouldn't re-post, but I'm proud of my harvest. This is my SFG grown ginger!
We have been eating Gingerbread cookies ever since, and I even gave them as gifts at Christmas! Jo

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Pic_0814
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Pic_0815
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  sanderson 1/13/2018, 3:08 pm

Toy Choy and fresh ginger! okay

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21495

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/14/2018, 11:33 am

Kale and cherry tomatoes (inside garden). Snap peas almost ready again in the Salad Bar.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 1/14/2018, 7:24 pm

My last 3 carrots in a big pot of beef vegetable soup!  And drop biscuits, yum!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/15/2018, 3:41 am

SR, Did you have to mention drop biscuits? Shocked My cousin and I were just discussing foods our Grandmother and Mothers cooked without guilt. Biscuits and drop dumplings were fond memories.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 1/16/2018, 9:10 pm

sanderson wrote:SR,  Did you have to mention drop biscuits?   Shocked  My cousin and I were just discussing foods our Grandmother and Mothers cooked without guilt.  Biscuits and drop dumplings were fond memories.
Oh yeah!  I am a HUGE Bisquick fan!  Love their recipes!  The Impossible Pies, drop Biscuits, strawberry shortcake...all wonderful!  cheers And they have dumplings too!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/29/2018, 12:20 am

Went out and checked the garden for the first time in a couple of weeks. Found an ugly little snow white cherry tomato that survived the winter. Took a bite. WOW! Sweet and juicy -- amazing! From now on, I'll grow only cherry tomatoes and grow them in fall, winter, and spring. I might try them inside in the summer if I get my greenhouse window. I found more still growing -- shows what a mild winter we've had.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 2018wi10

1st Daikon radish of 2018. Not bad.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 26 Daikon10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/29/2018, 8:10 am

Nicely done CN.

I have to settle for indoor microgreens (arugula and sunflower) that we have been using with various dishes.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 1/29/2018, 12:29 pm

The new grandson is finally old enough to start eating some of the baby food I made for him from veggies from my garden.  He has been eating the applesauce and pureed pears already that I made for him (not from my garden).  He loves the sweet potatoes but hates the summer squash.  I think I will try mixing some of the applesauce or pureed pears with the summer squash to see if he will eat that.  I haven't tried the peas, beans or zucchinni yet that I made.  We are introducing him to different solid food slowly.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/29/2018, 12:39 pm

yolos wrote:The new grandson is finally old enough to start eating some of the baby food I made for him from veggies from my garden.  He has been eating the applesauce and pureed pears already that I made for him (not from my garden).  He loves the sweet potatoes but hates the summer squash.  I think I will try mixing some of the applesauce or pureed pears with the summer squash to see if he will eat that.  I haven't tried the peas, beans or zucchinni yet that I made.  We are introducing him to different solid food slowly.
When our son was a baby, he would eat anything we fed him -- didn't matter what it was. When it came time to introduce him to cottage cheese, he hated it and didn't know what to do. HE HAD NEVER SPIT ANYTHING OUT IN HIS WHOLE LIFE! I wish they had video cameras back then. He rolled that cottage cheese around in his mouth and made the most awful faces for at least 2 minutes. I'm still laughing. I think it was 20 years before he ever tried cottage cheese again. rofl
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 1/30/2018, 12:19 pm

I just finished the last baggie of frozen strawberries. Sad
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/30/2018, 12:26 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:I just finished the last baggie of frozen strawberries. Sad
This morning I used SFG grown frozen cucumber and frozen kale in a green smoothie.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 1/30/2018, 12:30 pm

Frozen Rattlesnake Beans from the garden cooked with shellies and  ham hock.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 1/31/2018, 7:27 pm

Red & white onions , celery , carrots ( the last few ) and a tough as old boots cockerel from my mates garden .
 I turned the vicious , nasty , pecking , clucker into a delicious cock-a-leekie soup .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 2/2/2018, 2:11 pm

Razz

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 2/4/2018, 4:35 pm

plantoid wrote:Red & white onions , celery , carrots ( the last few ) and a tough as old boots cockerel from my mates garden .
 I turned the vicious , nasty , pecking , clucker into a delicious cock-a-leekie soup .
YUM!!   lol!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 2/5/2018, 8:35 pm

Made black bean soup with 2 of my jalapeño peppers!  HOT!  Yummy!  I froze them whole, and they have really held up well.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 2/7/2018, 2:04 am

More of the canned tomatoes.  I finally have 2 dozen or so jars of my tomatoes. Wink

I added some walking onion bulbs (?) and their greens to a chicken soup. I'm not sure I used them correctly. Embarassed

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/7/2018, 11:34 am

Daikon radishes and sugar snap peas. Hubby added kale to chicken/bean/veggie soup, yesterday. Almost ready to cook a batch of asparagus. Cool Picked a bunch of oregano for Italian meatballs, but it had no smell or taste. It was a nursery plant with a matching pic, so there's no way there was any mistake about it. The plant stake was still in the pot. That was a real disappointment. Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 2/11/2018, 3:05 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Daikon radishes and sugar snap peas. Hubby added kale to chicken/bean/veggie soup, yesterday. Almost ready to cook a batch of asparagus. Cool Picked a bunch of oregano for Italian meatballs, but it had no smell or taste. It was a nursery plant with a matching pic, so there's no way there was any mistake about it. The plant stake was still in the pot. That was a real disappointment. Mad
That is really weird about the oregano!  It usually is very spicy, moreso than store bought!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/11/2018, 3:14 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:Daikon radishes and sugar snap peas. Hubby added kale to chicken/bean/veggie soup, yesterday. Almost ready to cook a batch of asparagus. Cool Picked a bunch of oregano for Italian meatballs, but it had no smell or taste. It was a nursery plant with a matching pic, so there's no way there was any mistake about it. The plant stake was still in the pot. That was a real disappointment. Mad
That is really weird about the oregano!  It usually is very spicy, moreso than store bought!
I don't get it either. This was a store-bought plant, with a picture that looked just like it. No room for error. It's now called "compost."  Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 2/11/2018, 3:30 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
Scorpio Rising wrote:
I don't get it either. This was a store-bought plant, with a picture that looked just like it. No room for error. It's now called "compost."  Mad

I have had something similar happen. Turns out there are several types of oregano that have various levels of flavor. Marjoram is a type of oregano, but less flavor (none in my yard). Origanum vulgare var. hirtum is also called 'true' or 'Italian' or 'Greek' oregano and it is probably the one you want, it is much stronger flavored than plain oregano vulgare.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Post  aliceingardenland 2/11/2018, 3:33 pm

Mmm meatballs. You all are making me hungry!Laughing Had a chicken and shrimp stir fry last night with some snow and snap peas that I froze from last year's harvest. I grow basils and marjoram but Evil or Very Mad this will be my first year growing oregano from seed, very excited about it.Sorry to hear about your oregano plants!! How disappointing! Accidentally pushed that devil looking smiley when I was typing  bahaha
aliceingardenland
aliceingardenland

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 2/11/2018, 3:34 pm

I made a crock pot of lamb shank stew with potatoes, carrots, zucchini, garlic and dried tomatoes, all from our place here. I threw some store bought onion and lentils in too. Good for a cold day with people running in and out on different schedules.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next