Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Monthly Avatar: September, Show Off Your Garden Harvest!
by sanderson Today at 2:12 am

» Late thinning ?
by sanderson Today at 2:09 am

» Senseless Banter...
by sanderson Today at 2:04 am

» Brandywine-specific question
by sanderson Today at 2:02 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» cherokee purple...seed to dish
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 7:20 pm

» California - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» N&C Midwest—September 2019
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:02 pm

» OG Living Mulch Experiment
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 11:04 am

» Homemade Concrete Raised Beds
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Yesterday at 10:12 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 9:40 am

» Update on Marie's mom
by Yardslave 9/14/2019, 6:07 pm

» humus, humic substances and humic acid in our soil and compost
by has55 9/14/2019, 10:42 am

» Butterfly Junction
by countrynaturals 9/14/2019, 10:05 am

» TD's Health
by RJARPCGP 9/14/2019, 7:06 am

» N&C Midwest: August 2019
by sanderson 9/14/2019, 2:25 am

» ID California Tree, Please
by sanderson 9/14/2019, 2:24 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 9/14/2019, 2:22 am

» Tomato Tuesday - 2018 & 2019
by sanderson 9/13/2019, 12:54 pm

» Future OGSFG
by sanderson 9/12/2019, 4:47 pm

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing in September 2019
by sanderson 9/12/2019, 4:43 pm

» Hello from the Southest-Westest of the contig. 48
by sanderson 9/12/2019, 2:53 pm

» Stevia
by countrynaturals 9/11/2019, 6:11 pm

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 9/11/2019, 6:08 pm

» has55's R & D Journey
by has55 9/11/2019, 12:06 pm

» Marigold and other flower choices
by sanderson 9/11/2019, 3:23 am

» What varieties of garlic and onions do you like to grow?
by sanderson 9/11/2019, 3:10 am

» September: What to Plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas
by sanderson 9/11/2019, 3:06 am

» New Mulch Between Beds
by sanderson 9/9/2019, 9:55 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/22/2019, 12:07 am

Made 3 loaves of zucchini bread today. Got enough for 3-4 more loaves, tomorrow, then I'm done for this year. The whole family loves it, served with whipped cream cheese. hungry
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 4648

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/23/2019, 1:12 pm

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 1stcuk10
My first cucumber -- Mediterranean -- sweet and crisp -- skin so thin it doesn't need to be pealed.

For the first time ever, I have enough beans to freeze. I've been harvesting and refrigerating asparagus beans for several days. Today I have enough to blanch and freeze. YEE-HAH! (I've already saved enough seeds for next year, too, and these plants show no sign of letting up. happy turtle

Also, 2 regular tomatoes from yesterday (forgot to put them in the pic). Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal on 8/24/2019, 7:36 am

@countrynaturals wrote:What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 1stcuk10
My first cucumber -- Mediterranean -- sweet and crisp -- skin so thin it doesn't need to be pealed.

For the first time ever, I have enough beans to freeze. I've been harvesting and refrigerating asparagus beans for several days. Today I have enough to blanch and freeze. YEE-HAH! (I've already saved enough seeds for next year, too, and these plants show no sign of letting up. happy turtle

Also, 2 regular tomatoes from yesterday (forgot to put them in the pic). Embarassed
CN, that cucumber is fascinating. So many different kinds of fruit and veg that we never see in the supermarket, or even the farm stand. Love those beans too. Nice that they're producing so much, too!
hammock gal
hammock gal

Female Posts : 358

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener on 8/24/2019, 8:29 am

Eating lots of tomatoes now. Unfortunately the Brandywine are done for this year, but the Golden Jubilee are at their peak in production. And, of course, lots of cherry tomatoes.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Golden12
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 8/28/2019, 2:06 pm

CN, You have a harvest!! bounce The cucumber looks similar to an Armenian cucumber, which people in this area grow. They both must have hot weather backgrounds.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18214

View user profile https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 8/28/2019, 3:31 pm

@sanderson wrote:CN,  You have a harvest!!  bounce   The cucumber looks similar to an Armenian cucumber, which people in this area grow.  They both must have hot weather backgrounds.
Yup. They didn't have Armenian, so I got these and I'm thrilled with them. Katie gets to pick one today, and there should be another ready for us, tomorrow, with more on the way. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 8/28/2019, 7:15 pm

Made a sautéed smoked sausage, garlic & onion & sweet peppers from the garden, pasta and some parmy cheese, with a title cheddar for melt.  YUM!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7057

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver on 8/28/2019, 8:08 pm

Made Marinara Sauce from SFG grown tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil plus other ingredients. This has been frozen in several containers for future use.

Had some SFG grown beans with dinner.

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5070

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal on 8/29/2019, 11:23 am

@OhioGardener wrote:Eating lots of tomatoes now. Unfortunately the Brandywine are done for this year, but the Golden Jubilee are at their peak in production. And, of course, lots of cherry tomatoes.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Golden12

Oh, oh, oh! Looking at that pile of cherry tomatoes reminds me of this amazing recipe that has become one of my favorite ways to use those little sweeties. I think I posted it here before, but in case I didn't, here it is again. Simple, fast and scrumptious! drooling hungry drooling  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pasta-with-15-minute-burst-cherry-tomato-sauce-56390060
hammock gal
hammock gal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 8/29/2019, 12:28 pm

@hammock gal wrote:

Oh, oh, oh! Looking at that pile of cherry tomatoes reminds me of this amazing recipe that has become one of my favorite ways to use those little sweeties. I think I posted it here before, but in case I didn't, here it is again. Simple, fast and scrumptious! drooling hungry drooling  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pasta-with-15-minute-burst-cherry-tomato-sauce-56390060
AWESOME IDEA! Thanks for sharing. My cherry toms are just starting up again. I should have enough to try this in a couple of weeks. I CAN'T WAIT! bounce
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 8/30/2019, 3:02 pm

Basil green beans from the garden and store-bought fish. This is my first time to grow purple basil. It doesn't seem as hardy as the green stuff, but the smell is really potent. Smile  
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Basil-10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 8/30/2019, 4:13 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:Basil green beans from the garden and store-bought fish. This is my first time to grow purple basil. It doesn't seem as hardy as the green stuff, but the smell is really potent. Smile  
Plus cucumber/tomato salad. 4 out of 5 dinner items from the garden -- that's a first. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal on 8/30/2019, 5:01 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:Basil green beans from the garden and store-bought fish. This is my first time to grow purple basil. It doesn't seem as hardy as the green stuff, but the smell is really potent. Smile  

Beautiful! It almost looks like a wreath...with a bow. A delicious wreath!
hammock gal
hammock gal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener on 9/1/2019, 12:52 pm

We'll be having Stuffed Bell Peppers for dinner today.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Untitl10
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 9/1/2019, 9:22 pm

Zucchini...if it counts in zucchini bread!  What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 3170584802
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener on 9/3/2019, 6:55 pm

Grilled hamburgers with fresh green beans, boiled beet leaves, and a garden salad. Everything but the hamburger came from the gardens.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 9/11/2019, 11:39 am

STEVIA! I love it! happy turtle  Bought some about 20 years ago -- hated it. Thought I'd give it another chance, since I'm so much older and wiser, now. I probably used way too much of the processed stuff back then. Now I have a nice little plant of my own, so I can use it one leaf at a time. This is gonna be fun. I might even try it in my coffee. reading
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz on 9/11/2019, 3:26 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:This is my first time to grow purple basil.
I've got the purple ones growing, but they're only about 1/2" high at the moment. Be interesting to see if they do anything before TXG.
markqz
markqz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz on 9/11/2019, 3:36 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:STEVIA! ... Now I have a nice little plant of my own, so I can use it one leaf at a time. This is gonna be fun. I might even try it in my coffee.
I couldn't find local stevia seeds and so ordered some last year from a questionable ebay source. The baggie that came seemed to have something more like dust or chaff in it. Something seemed to grow from it after many weeks, but it didn't thrive and I couldn't be sure if it wasn't just something from our local rich and diverse weed community.

So ... do stevia seeds look like chaff, or did I pay $5.99 for a bag of lint? What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Max-wi10
markqz
markqz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener on 9/11/2019, 3:48 pm

@markqz wrote:I couldn't find local stevia seeds and so ordered some last year from a questionable ebay source. The baggie that came seemed to have something more like dust or chaff in it. Something seemed to grow from it after many weeks, but it didn't thrive and I couldn't be sure if it wasn't just something from our local rich and diverse weed community.

So ... do stevia seeds look like chaff, or did I pay $5.99 for a bag of lint?

The Stevia seeds should not look like dust or lint, but they may have silks on them. The dark arrowhead shaped part is the seed, and the silks on the end of them are for the wind to disperse them.  If you get pure seeds, you will only get the dark part, but some places/people sell them with the silks attached.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 42 Stevia10
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 9/11/2019, 3:59 pm

Stevia seeds are very small -- 1/4" or smaller.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 9/11/2019, 6:24 pm

I had a dill from the jar that didn’t seal, so it’s in my fridge!  Wrapped in a 1/2 flour tortilla with a light bologna slice in there—yum!  And watermelon (not mine) and Bugles!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 9/13/2019, 2:52 am

Mark, Ordering seeds off eBay, Amazon, etc., is a gamble. Most of use order from seed companies like Baker Creek, Territorial, Johnny's, Southern Exposure, Renee's . . .Request a catalog from Baker Creek and you can drool all over it.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 18214

View user profile https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos on 9/13/2019, 10:26 am

Roasted Okra, corn on the cob (finally), Tomatoes, cucumbers.  The corn on the cob was harvested at the perfect time and the cooking was perfect.  Kernels just popped in my mouth.  Yum, Yum.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 3765

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 9/13/2019, 11:31 am

@yolos wrote: The corn on the cob was harvested at the perfect time and the cooking was perfect.  Kernels just popped in my mouth.  Yum, Yum.
smiles  I want some!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum