Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+57
farmersgranddaughter
countrynaturals
donnainzone5
Scorpio Rising
trolleydriver
Turan
plantoid
has55
Kelejan
SQWIB
yolos
DorothyG
No_Such_Reality
TinySpock
21Actual
LizDTM
brianj555
CrazyArtist
dixie
Abiqua Ike
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Fiz
hammock gal
Sweetmama
SwampTroll
Zmoore
Mimi2
Robbomb116
meatburner
mlpii66
AlwaysHotinFL
JohnKelly
Banned Member
TCgardening
recoush
RC3291
ralitaco
GWN
Ginger Blue
reynajrainwater
p14shooter
herblover
Cajun Cappy
MrBooker
bigdogrock
newbeone
BeetlesPerSqFt
littlejo
MeghanSTL
llama momma
CitizenKate
CapeCoddess
kauairosina
walshevak
Mellen
camprn
RoOsTeR
61 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Abiqua Ike 8/3/2017, 2:31 pm

They are predicting 109 for Salem today which will be the all time record for any date. It's also very smoky from the fires around Vancouver BC, almost like a thin cloud cover. I've been heavy watering for several days now and everything looks fat and happy.
Abiqua Ike
Abiqua Ike

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 8/5/2017, 9:47 am

Abiqua Ike wrote:They are predicting 109 for Salem today which will be the all time record for any date. It's also very smoky from the fires around Vancouver BC, almost like a thin cloud cover. I've been heavy watering for several days now and everything looks fat and happy.
Your heatwave made the national news. affraid Fingers crossed ours is over. I'VE HAD ENOUGH! Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/5/2017, 9:49 am

IT RAINED THIS MORNING! hyper Okay, so it wasn't actually "rain" -- just a fine mist for a few minutes. Not really worthy of a happy dance, but enough for a big smile. happy2
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Abiqua Ike 8/5/2017, 10:09 am

Thursday was the hottest day I've experienced, 109. It has cooled off to the low 90's. The smoke on Thursday was very creepy, the sky overhead was grey but no clouds. We couldn't see the valley floor and at night the lights of Salem didn't show through.

All my plants came thru fine, I'd given them an organic top-dressing a week ahead and kept everything well watered.
Abiqua Ike
Abiqua Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 8/5/2017, 1:45 pm

Today is so typical for New England for us here in New Hampster (New Hampshire). Yesterday was the three h's, hot, hazy, and humid, although it wasn't as humid as it could have been. Temps were in the mid 80's, so you can't complain too much. But, it takes its toll on you, if you don't have air conditioning in your car, you bake. As the temps dropped last night the critters came out, I played dodge the frog on the road last night driving from Vermont back into NH. The moon was fairly bright, so you could see silhouettes of owls, deer, and the quick fleeting bats that chase the mosquitoes. 
I was up at 5 AM, it was in the lower mid 60's this morning with overcast skies, and it felt like it was going to rain at any minute. The temps have risen to  the low 70's, so the humidity doesn't zap your strength. We got a tenth of an inch of rain starting at about 8:30 this morning, and looking at the radar we will get some more, but not as much as CC, the radar map looks like she definitely doesn't need to water today. So much for me taking pics today, besides, I have been going full bore plus/plus and I think I am just going to sit in the easy chair in the barn, feet up, cool drink on the side table, good music playing just loud enough to hear-but not to loud to scare the Cardinals, and just watch my little corner of the world. 

Ahhhh, Summertime!
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 8/6/2017, 7:51 pm

It's still raining & has been since I last posted ..looks like we are in for another week of it too .

Will my tomatoes evfer turn red ? The onions have done well this year though  , they just need a week of hot sun to really finish them before wet rot gets them .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/7/2017, 8:50 am

It feels like Fall here in Ottawa. The temperature was only 10C (50F) when I got up this morning. Forecast temps for the next seven days are highs in the mid 70s F with overnights in the mid to high 50s F. It's looking more and more like a lost summer for some of my veggies but we shall see.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 8/7/2017, 11:25 am

Currently my 11 am forecast of 50% rain is doing 100% rain and 61 degrees F

Don't have to water much around central Ohio this season.

Chickens don't mind as they mull around in the rain or go under a tarped over area or go inside the coop.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 8/7/2017, 6:47 pm

I feel bad, because my weather has actually been reasonable. The rain has been well paced, I haven't had to do much watering of the main garden (though the containers/sub-irrigated planters still need daily watering.) The average temperature seems about the same as usual, but the highs have been higher and the lows have been lower. It's been hot, hot enough to turn on the A/C, and a little hotter than usual... but below 90*F! Yet in spite of hot days, my tomatoes are being slow to ripen this year. Maybe because it's also been 'cold' at night - usually below 70*F, some below 60*F, and recently a night below 50*F (which I think caused several of the barely started melons and unopened female flowers to abort - fortunately I have other fruits that were further along.)
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  Abiqua Ike 8/7/2017, 7:12 pm

We have "cooled off" to the mid 90's and we are on track to break the record for 90+ days in a row. The smoke cleared a little yesterday, we could see to the valley floor. But today it is back, the sky is almost blue when you look straight up and we can't see into the valley. We have not had any rain for over 50 days and none is seen in the near future.

Nevertheless, my moisture retentive mix, summer top-dressings and regular water have all led to an amazing abundance this year.
Abiqua Ike
Abiqua Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/7/2017, 7:28 pm

Cool, fall-like here, like LM said, we haven't had to water because we have had ample rain, however I did water early last week....

Locusts buzzing now, makes me sad!  Grass still green and growing, grrr!  Usually I can cut back to mowing every other week.  Not so this year.

Cukes are not going to happen.  Just not hot enough.  May be the same with the watermelons.  Some of the tomatoes are happening...need to check them again.  

Nature.thinking
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/8/2017, 9:23 am

So far this morning it has been cool (60F), damp and foggy.  Starting to clear now and should be sunny with some cloud for the rest of the day with a pleasant high temp of 75F. Hope things dry up a bit 'cause I need to mow the lawns. There is a chance of showers in the forecast for each of the following six days.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/8/2017, 9:50 am

Cooling off, finally. Nothing higher than 102 in the forecast. I can live with that and I think the plants can, too. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/8/2017, 3:16 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Cooling off, finally. Nothing higher than 102 in the forecast. I can live with that and I think the plants can, too. Cool
Amazing how 100*F can seem reasonable after 110*F. Razz High 90s for a few days followed by low 90's next week. I actually did some pruning of the run-away tomatoes yesterday morning, about 3 hours worth of clean-up and harvesting. Wonderful to get back out there.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21495

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/8/2017, 9:15 pm

Was sunny, seasonable.  80*.  Will need to water containers and SFG tomorrow after I mow and weed wack.  Just the usual summer....it has been wet overall though.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/8/2017, 9:52 pm

sanderson wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:Cooling off, finally. Nothing higher than 102 in the forecast. I can live with that and I think the plants can, too. Cool
Amazing how 100*F can seem reasonable after 110*F. Razz  High 90s for a few days followed by low 90's next week.  I actually did some pruning of the run-away tomatoes yesterday morning, about 3 hours worth of clean-up and harvesting.  Wonderful to get back out there.
Amen to that!  happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/17/2017, 11:37 am

Yet another mini-heatwave! How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 671790 We are about to break a record for most triple-digit days in a calendar year. No
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/18/2017, 9:26 am

Rain and peasant temperature today.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 8/18/2017, 9:33 am

It has poured here this morning!
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/18/2017, 10:18 am

countrynaturals wrote:Yet another mini-heatwave! How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 21 671790  We are about to break a record for most triple-digit days in a calendar year. No
AND the wind is supposed to shift this afternoon and bring us foul, smokey air from the fires up north. They say not to use our a/c if it brings in air from the outside. HUH? So, we're supposed to sit inside with the windows closed and no a/c when it's 107 out? affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 8/18/2017, 10:26 am

bigdogrock wrote:It has poured here this morning!
I popped outside early, and opened my compost tumbler to let it dry out, came back in and thought, "Go me! Gettin' stuff done this early in the morning!" happy banana But today's weather is not the same as yesterday's forecast for today. I should have rechecked before going out this morning. I went back out to shut the tumbler. Now I have compost that is wetter, and I need some dry clothes. silly me
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 8/19/2017, 4:29 pm

Record rain here over nite - 6". Woke to a flooded basement and garage.  First time for everything, I guess. Hot and muggy now. Hopefully things are drying out.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/19/2017, 8:43 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:Record rain here over nite - 6". Woke to a flooded basement and garage.  First time for everything, I guess. Hot and muggy now. Hopefully things are drying out.
YUK! Hot and smoky here.  Evil or Very Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/19/2017, 8:48 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:Record rain here over nite - 6". Woke to a flooded basement and garage.  First time for everything, I guess. Hot and muggy now. Hopefully things are drying out.
Sorry you got flooded CC. I hope there is no long term damage.

Last edited by trolleydriver on 8/20/2017, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/20/2017, 11:26 am

Shocked I'm sorry for the flooded basement, hot smokey air, wet compost and any other unpleasant condition brought on by unfavorable or surprise weather. Sad

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21495

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next