Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Bokashi
by sanderson Today at 1:08 am

» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 12:46 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+91
TCgardening
nycquilter
svanahgirl129
Gilly21
NEWBIE99
GardenGroupie
68carguy
VJ72584
Windmere
jrfrommd
dilewis
FeedMeSeeMore
davecourington
sfgbeginner
Cajunsmoke14
GloriaG
AtlantaMarie
tagyourit
bonnie0128
kauairosina
Gardendog
dstack
Roseinarosecity
Applegate
AvaDGardner
GWN
pattipan
Cherbear
cyclonegardener
jimmy cee
2SooCrew
Nonna.PapaVino
sfgteachers
Pollinator
cheyannarach
Windsor.Parker
TxGramma
Pox
sfg4uKim
unit649
meatburner
boffer
Kelejan
wcfujita
Robind
jmsieglaff
greatgranny
Thomas
grownsunshine
pryz123
darci.strutt
landarch
mrwes40
jewlz2121
johnp
R&R 1011
WriterCPA
NAR56
Marc Iverson
Triciasgarden
brainchasm
Amethyst42
SalsaMom
donnainzone5
Cheryl5
simpletwist
Josh
yolos
quiltbea
Turan
walshevak
sarah465
mschaef
herblover
lyndeeloo
camprn
bnoles
plantoid
southern gardener
llama momma
FamilyGardening
kbshark
Dunkinjean
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Nicola
Goosegirl
CapeCoddess
sanderson
RoOsTeR
mollyhespra
gwennifer
95 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  lyndeeloo 7/8/2013, 7:00 pm

Today's Harvest
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Img_1711

The broccoli, cauliflower and peppers will end up in tonight's Fettuccini Alfredo with grilled chicken. We'll make up a nice big salad from the Romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. The strawberries will disappear while we cook.
lyndeeloo
lyndeeloo

Female Posts : 433

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  WriterCPA 7/8/2013, 7:37 pm

Lyndeeloo! What a magnificent haul! I am ogling your haul and muttering, "I will not covet Lynn's vegetables!"
WriterCPA
WriterCPA

Female Posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post  lyndeeloo 7/8/2013, 7:55 pm

Thank you Maria, today was a particularly good day and I couldn't help posting a photo. That tomato is the first this season. It's on the small side, but we've been watching expectantly for days.
Linda
lyndeeloo
lyndeeloo

Female Posts : 433

Back to top Go down

Post  R&R 1011 7/8/2013, 10:38 pm

I am so jealous of the eggplant.  My eggplant would not grow for me.

We've been harvesting spinach (bolted in June), lettuce, carrots, cilantro, dill, and a head of broccoli so far.

Today, my 3 yr old picked her own carrot.  Our biggest scarlett nantes yet.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Img_0213
R&R 1011
R&R 1011

Female Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Empty What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  johnp 7/9/2013, 12:56 pm

Last night we had a roasted beet and orange salad with orange goat cheese dressing. It was so good that I would like to share it ( it's not my recipe). Roast trimmed beets (skin on) at 400 deg. for 45 min or 1 hr. at alt. in tin foil packets with drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper until tender. cool. Take 3/4 cup of orange juice with 1 tsp. sugar and reduce to 3 Tbsp., about 30 min or 45 min at alt. Cool. Mix with 4 oz. of soft goat cheese,  2 tbsp. orange juice, one tbsp. water, 1 tbsp. heavy cream, 2 tbsp. of champagne vinegar (we used white wine vin.). Mix together until creamy. Recipe calls for arugula but we used combo of jester, simpson, red oak leaf and last of spinach. Put in some sweet onions, cut up beets and chunks of oranges. Pour dressing over. We used golden beets (about a lb.) but if you do gold and red, cook them separate so the red won't bleed.
We are still eating, snow peas, carrots and got the first 5 tomatoes (small) for salad tonight.
johnp
johnp

Male Posts : 644

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 7/9/2013, 8:41 pm

Carrot thinnings - Cosmic Purple - and one GORGEOUS Muscade that was ready to pull.  No time for pic, these babies got MUNCHED!!!

The Muscade has a definite pine flavor to it that I did not expect.  LOVE IT!!!

GG

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 998388915 What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 998388915 What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 998388915
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/9/2013, 10:04 pm

Tried the recipe for scrambled eggs with home-grown spinach and garlic scapes sauteed in butter. My house guest ate every bite and pronounced it delicious!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 7/10/2013, 12:38 pm

I picked the last of my Freckles lettuce, 5 New Girl tomatoes (2 from my early-in-plastic experiment and 3 from my normal but larger transplant) and several super sugar snap peas today.  They will all go in a salad at supper.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/10/2013, 1:06 pm

Last night, I ate a salad of bitter greens (endive and escarole) and baby lettuce.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/10/2013, 1:18 pm

Fresh picked blueberries in cereal this morning.  Yesterday picked a couple potatoes, sautéed in garlic scape butter to go with eggs and some salsa which had garden garlic, cilantro and Egyptian onions in it.  Picked spearmint for ice tea today and have a lot that needs to be prepared and frozen.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 7/10/2013, 4:29 pm

donnainzone10 wrote:Last night, I ate a salad of bitter greens ...

For some reason, that sounds especially dramatic to me today ... "Julius Caesar ate a salad of bitter greens when he was betrayed by Brutus. Never had he suspected the arugula lurking in his heart under a sprightly vinaigrette with some nice garlic croutons."

I hope you feel better today!
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3638

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/10/2013, 4:32 pm

Marc,

Love your sense of humor! And I feel fine today.

My recent house guest identified a "weed" growing profusely in my yard as purslane, which is edible, and proceeded to nibble on it. He did make it home alive.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/11/2013, 3:28 pm

Organic tomatoes and avocados! The avocado was soooo creamy! We didn't grow them, got them from http://www.avocadodiva.com/, the tomatoes are home grown. Boy them two of them together is DELISH!!

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Avotom10
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 7/11/2013, 10:40 pm

PEAS!!!!!!!!!!! We have PEAS!!! I would post a picture but they don't seem to make it to the house. The kids keep eating them so I sneaked out to the garden while hubby was giving them a bath so I could eat a few. :lol!:They are so yummy no wonder the kids wont share them.
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 7/11/2013, 10:54 pm

I planted a purple and a green tomatillo. Both are finally producing, and producing nicely. Not sure when they're ripe, though! A couple of days ago I saw the big green lantern/husk surrounding the fruit on one of them (I forget which) turn yellow. I had read that when tomatillos are ripe, the husk gets dry and will crack open.

Today I found a tomatillo on the ground, still in its yellow husk. The husk was soft. Inside, the tomatillo was green. Peeling off the husk, I found the fruit felt quite sticky.

I ate it. Interesting. More tart than a tomato. But maybe that's because it was unripe. But if it was unripe, why fall off the plant? I dunno.

Also, the biggest sweet basil leaves I've ever seen, wonderfully dark green. Mixed big chunks of butter-sauteed mushrooms with pepper, salt, and dried thyme, then sprinkled tiny leaves of bouquet basil on top, with basil flowers, fresh thyme and thyme flowers, and those big leaves of sweet basil.

Also a few more cherry tomatoes. All my bigger tomatoes have been destroyed by hornworms so far, so I've yet to eat a big tomato.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3638

Back to top Go down

Post  audrey.jeanne.roberts 7/11/2013, 11:05 pm

Picked a full sized watermelon and a personal sized one today. We're getting good quantities of cherry and roma tomatoes each day, still harvesting lettuce, green beans, Armenian cucumbers, beets and we had our first spaghetti squash last week.

My favorite time in the garden is harvest time!
audrey.jeanne.roberts
audrey.jeanne.roberts

http://audreyjeanne-roberts.artistwebsites.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/12/2013, 5:56 pm

First time in my life I have grown Roma, yellow bell, Jalapeno, and garlic!  Wait, half a cup of salsa!!Very Happy 

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 First_10
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21495

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/12/2013, 6:45 pm

We got to eat our Brandywine tomato and onions from the garden. This is the same tomato that's in the avatar.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Tomoni11hungry hungry 
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 7/12/2013, 6:49 pm

sanderson wrote:First time in my life I have grown Roma, yellow bell, Jalapeno, and garlic!  Wait, half a cup of salsa!!Very Happy 

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 First_10

Looks great What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 3170584802 

southern gardener wrote:We got to eat our Brandywine tomato and onions from the garden. This is the same tomato that's in the avatar.  

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Tomoni11hungry hungry 

I can't wait till my tomatoes, candy onions, and peppers are ready. Yours looks fantastic sunny 

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/12/2013, 8:46 pm

Mixed-green salad (Asian greens, baby lettuce, bitter greens, spinach, chard, green onion tops, radishes); grilled lamb chop with basil.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 7/13/2013, 4:04 pm

Stir fry green beans with home grown garlic and shallots along with sliced tomatoes.  The bowl below contains chinese green noodle beans wrapped around the bowl ready to cut, bush beans in the center and a few dragon tongue beans.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Bean_h11
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 7/14/2013, 8:29 am

Just had a Cosmic Purple carrot for breakfast from my Carrot Week box. 

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 7/14/2013, 8:47 am

Awesome! Did you get a picture of it for the Carrot Week thread by chance? I've nibbled a purple carrot or two from my carrot box as well, but been to eager to munch them and snapping a quick one is forgotten  What a Face

Just picked the last of my red turnips. I'll be slicing this one up and eating raw with a little S&P  Very Happy 

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 20130714_064819_zps83e8ac38

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/14/2013, 12:56 pm

I added my first small Kuroda carrot and four peas to my usual SFG salad ingredients.

I don't want to disturb my Carrot Week bed just yet, even though some of them are bolting.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 7/14/2013, 3:01 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:Awesome! Did you get a picture of it for the Carrot Week thread by chance? I've nibbled a purple carrot or two from my carrot box as well, but been to eager to munch them and snapping a quick one is forgotten  What a Face
 No pics, as I am always in too much of a hurry to chomp that thing! What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 4 370856013  I will have to take the camera with me next time. 

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next