Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Toplef10warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 I22gcj10warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Toplef10warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 I22gcj10warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

warning Plantoid AFKB till ??????

+11
llama momma
Kelejan
walshevak
No_Such_Reality
gwennifer
mschaef
camprn
RoOsTeR
boffer
Triciasgarden
plantoid
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Empty Warning now I'm temporarily back online .. ha ha

Post  plantoid 6/1/2013, 8:16 pm

When setting up a virgin Win 8 machine that has a few M/Soft freebies do not delete" People , mail or ??? " ( I've forgot Laughing ) as all three are supplied FOC in a bundle. Delete one and you rip out the rest then when you come to start your next online session all three are missing . Sad Mad

Don't delete the green rectangle with the shopping bag on either , as it is the app store .( apps = applications used to be known as programmes till MS made it the industry standard name and like fools the rest of the world followed Laughing Wink )

So I after seeking " Google help " I had to go to the " app store " and collect another bundled people & mail app FOC from M/Soft

A M/Soft help desk expert wanted £ 28 plus taxes( about USD $ 50 ) to tell me the same info .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Empty Re: warning Plantoid AFKB till ??????

Post  plantoid 6/1/2013, 8:23 pm

No_Such_Reality wrote:My only issues with the cloud services is they're all using the crack-dealer business model.

Go on, have some. I'll give it to you free.

The future model is really simple. It's like renting an apartment. And in many cases, like with google, really read your T&C's, technically, you've granted them ownership of everything you've put up there.

You can see the future model in Microsoft's Office cloud offering. $10/month or $99/year. I'm guessing the prior upgrade was probably still running Office 2003. So that one time purchase of Office back in the day for $120 will now turn into $800 over 8 years.

In when broad band " n" th generation is common and most homes have fibre optic connections instead of copper wires or Wi-Fi I think all computer content will be held on the massive servers and all you will do is have a terminal screen to log in and use what you've paid for , store the changes and emails etc.

I think it was Sun micro systems that used to have such a system about 15 years ago
You basically rented the terminal , screen & hired the programmes also paying for you system /data storage. .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Empty Re: warning Plantoid AFKB till ??????

Post  walshevak 6/3/2013, 10:43 am

It's all smoke and mirrors to me. Very Happy

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/3/2013, 2:54 pm

llama momma wrote:away from key board Smile
Thank you LLM. One can learn something every day.

Now, I am AFKD for the rest of the afternoon. Very Happy
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/3/2013, 7:02 pm

I've taken a difficult critical executive decision ..... I'm getting a hard copy book called , " Microsoft Windows 8 for Balding Decrepit Dummies " ....... in large print .
So I can throw it at this " $%"@>?~ '* Win 8 computer Laughing

At present I can't even work out how to steal a picture off an image source then copy and paste it in as my avatar .
Tried Photobucket and got told go away David we don't recognise that picture form .
Will play again in a day or so when my neck top computers memory bank has forgotten all the angst and confusion gained so far . Smile
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  brainchasm 6/4/2013, 1:45 am

plantoid wrote:I've taken a difficult critical executive decision ..... I'm getting a hard copy book called , " Microsoft Windows 8 for Balding Decrepit Dummies " ....... in large print .
So I can throw it at this " $%"@>?~ '* Win 8 computer Laughing

At present I can't even work out how to steal a picture off an image source then copy and paste it in as my avatar .
Tried Photobucket and got told go away David we don't recognise that picture form .
Will play again in a day or so when my neck top computers memory bank has forgotten all the angst and confusion gained so far . Smile
It's called Snipping Tool. It's AMAZING. Snip it, save it to hard drive, upload it to imgur/flickr/whatever-you-want

*4yr systems administrator for the UFC and 20yrs of professional computer work of various levels here*

I think my sunflower plant can take me in a fair fight...it's taller than me, and it keeps giving me dirty looks. Shocked
brainchasm
brainchasm

Male Posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/4/2013, 3:53 pm

Hi BC ,
It looks like I've got things sorted out.
The MS / Norton relationship caused me no end of probs and wanted me to cough up close on $100 at the final count.

Fortunately one of the sites I play on has a guy who has been a MS beta tester for donkeys years so he knows the systems inside out .

They sent me to a site for a free copy of Stardoc 8 , once I had it he talked to me on the phone as to where &how I could find it , open it and sort things out .
He also got me on team view and took me through numerous short tutorials so I can do things similar to what I did on vista and also use the advantages of Win 8.

cheers This is one happy bunny I can tell you . rock on carrot
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Empty warning Plantoid AFKB till ??????

Post  Frenchbean 6/4/2013, 4:03 pm

Im so glad you've got your lovely( lol! ) computer working. Erm what does AFKB mean-is it rude study thinking
Frenchbean

Female Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/4/2013, 4:11 pm

Keep this a secret twixt thee & me don't tell anyone else ......promise ? Laughing Laughing

AFKB = Away From Key Board ( the American way affraid ) .

We tend to just use AFK as we spell keyboard as all one word cheers
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

warning Plantoid AFKB till  ??????  - Page 2 Empty warning Plantoid AFKB till ??????

Post  Frenchbean 6/4/2013, 4:17 pm

Plantoid I promise I won't tell a sole rofl rofl rofl
Frenchbean

Female Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 6/4/2013, 6:08 pm

plantoid wrote: AFKB = Away From Key Board ( the American way affraid ) .

We tend to just use AFK as we spell keyboard as all one word cheers
(American here) FWIW I would have known what AFK was right away. I had to sleep on AFKB before the bell rang! (yes, I was too lazy to look it up! Razz )
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/4/2013, 7:39 pm

Dumb American here, I spell keyboard all as one word, so I was LOST with the AFKB!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 6/4/2013, 11:05 pm

Ok I had to look up FWIW! I was thinking "for your information" but that didn't fit. So for anyone else who wants/needs to know, FWIW means "for what it's worth".
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 6/5/2013, 10:56 pm

Ok. I'm having troublr navigating the forum on this mini anndroid tablet. Nothing comes up in the format I'm used to seeing. Believe I'll be like Plantoid ànd AFKB until my laptop gets back from the computer doctor.

Elizabeth City, NC
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/6/2013, 5:51 pm

Goosegirl wrote:Dumb American here, I spell keyboard all as one word, so I was LOST with the AFKB!

GG

Aw come on GG you ain't dumb ... don't write yourself down .

It's a strange old world ..... we have a common language it's just that we are separated by a few thousand miles of salt water and the spellings . Wink
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 6/6/2013, 8:45 pm

I think I'm qgetting the hang of this tablet.

Kay

Elizabeth City, NC
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 6/7/2013, 10:27 pm

Good for you Kay!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper 6/8/2013, 3:02 pm

Kay sometimes on my Iphone I have to select "Classic View". Is your screen gray blue and black if so change the view. Seems like there is a down arrow on the second line on the right that lets you change. If not scroll all the way down to find it.
Pepper
Pepper

Male Posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 6/8/2013, 3:58 pm

Pepper wrote:Kay sometimes on my Iphone I have to select "Classic View". Is your screen gray blue and black if so change the view. Seems like there is a down arrow on the second line on the right that lets you change. If not scroll all the way down to find it.

Yep, found it by accident. Much better. Now fingers are the problem. They keep hitting areas of the screen that does wonky things. Very Happy

Elizabeth City, NC
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2