Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Toplef10Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose I22gcj10Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Toplef10Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose I22gcj10Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by sanderson Today at 12:00 am

» Senseless Banter...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Compost not hot
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/15/2024, 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising 4/4/2024, 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 4/1/2024, 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose

+14
ericam
gwennifer
CindiLou
obrdrln
Nonna.PapaVino
GWN
givvmistamps
Unmutual
Yus
kittykat
camprn
kinggarbear
boffer
doneal
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Empty Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose

Post  doneal 4/17/2012, 9:46 pm

This is about the handiest thing I’ve ever built. I not only can wash my hands but plan on washing my vegetables out at the garden. Keeping the garden soil in the garden the drain water from the sink will be reused for watering the plants. Just got to put the flex hose in the bucket when I want to catch the drain water.

Material:

Two 8’ 2” x 6” treated (legs) cut four @36” use the two @ 24” For braces

Two 8’ 1” x 6” (top) cut two @ 48” and six @12”

Two 8’ 2” x 4” (brace under top) cut two @48” and four @ 24”

Plumbing parts

One ½ x1/2 x1/2 “Tee”

Three ½” x close nipple

One ½” by garden hose thread adapter

Two flex hose sink connectors for the faucet (hooked both cold and hot water to the “tee”)

One recycled flex plastic vacuum cleaner hose (hooked to sink drain)

It’s not heavy, but I’m thinking about putting some wheels on it to make it easy to move around.

I had purchased the S.S. Sink, sink faucet and drain at a truck load salvage place for $10.00 a long time ago. The sink has a dent about the size of dime; both the faucet and drain had been opened but was all there and couldn’t find anything wrong with them. We don’t see the truck load salvage stores around here anymore, I think I will keep my eyes open at yard sales and may even ask the hardware store to keep me in mind when someone buys a new sink. I would like to build another one to put my with bar-b-q grill

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Sink10
doneal
doneal

Male Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Empty Re: Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose

Post  boffer 4/17/2012, 10:28 pm

Looks good. It will become one of your favorite accessories in the garden. We probably do 95% of our veggie prep at our outdoor sink. We grow a lot of root crops, and all the dirt and mess stays outside. We throw the veggie scraps into a small compost pile on the ground right beside the sink.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Empty Re: Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose

Post  kinggarbear 4/17/2012, 10:43 pm

boffer wrote:Looks good. It will become one of your favorite accessories in the garden. We probably do 95% of our veggie prep at our outdoor sink. We grow a lot of root crops, and all the dirt and mess stays outside. We throw the veggie scraps into a small compost pile on the ground right beside the sink.

Do you also catch the wash water & use it to water your plants as well?
kinggarbear
kinggarbear

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 4/17/2012, 10:58 pm

Looks great Don! ! I was thinking of setting up something like that too. Boffer can we see your set up too?

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/17/2012, 11:02 pm

I don't. I'm on a well and don't treat the water. I let the grass have the waste water. Other forum members have said that they catch the water to re-use on their plants.
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/17/2012, 11:10 pm

You can barely see the edge of the compost pile on the right. A plastic cutting board and knife live on the shelf to the right of the sink.

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Dscn0511
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  kittykat 4/17/2012, 11:14 pm

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 679265 sunny Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 679265 sunny Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 679265 sunny Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 679265 sunny
kittykat
kittykat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yus 4/18/2012, 11:05 am

Can you show a close up of how the trellises are supported?
Yus
Yus

Back to top Go down

Post  Unmutual 4/18/2012, 3:55 pm

Hah, I bought a plastic utility sink 2 weeks ago for the exact same purpose. I plan to have the water drain on to the compost piles, with the excess naturally flowing to the banana plant.
Unmutual

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post  doneal 4/18/2012, 5:28 pm

Unmutual wrote:Hah, I bought a plastic utility sink 2 weeks ago for the exact same purpose. I plan to have the water drain on to the compost piles, with the excess naturally flowing to the banana plant.

How much was it, I want another one, so if it's less than building one, I would just buy it. Also who sells them?
doneal
doneal

Male Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/18/2012, 6:26 pm

Boffer and doneal, I'm jealous. I think I just came up with (yet another!) project to set up in my garden. Boy, my husband's going to get tired of all these projects I keep foisting upon him. What a Face
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Female Posts : 862
Location : Lake City, (NE) FL; USDA Hardiness Zone 8b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 4/18/2012, 10:24 pm

Boy, my husband's going to get tired of all these projects I keep foisting upon him

I have a friend who calls it her "honey do list"

I think I am going to add it to my honey do list Smile
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/18/2012, 11:07 pm

I kluged in a hose squirter from a kitchen sink. It cleans the root veggies extra fast and saves water.

Indoor sink faucets don't handle a light freeze very well-especially the squirter. Parts start popping apart all over the place. Be sure to drain extra well for the off season, or store in a non-freezing location.
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 4/18/2012, 11:18 pm

I am thinking of perhaps draining the sink to an area where we can "recoup" the valuable soil you wash from the veggies.
Good point about the fragile fixings ......
The way I see it after the next week or so we are free sailing as far as frost... Smile
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/18/2012, 11:22 pm

Yus wrote:Can you show a close up of how the trellises are supported?
Old leaf springs are the feet. ¾ inch galvie water pipes are welded to the springs. The EMT slips into the pipe nicely.

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Dscn0724
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 4/18/2012, 11:29 pm

Boffer, you never cease to amaze me. Great ideas for recycling! thanks, NonnaGarden sink that hooks up to your garden hose 3170584802
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/18/2012, 11:40 pm

Making 'stuff' is the best part of SFG!

(other than eating the veggies Wink )
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Garden sink that hooks up to your garden hose Empty Light switch turned on!!

Post  obrdrln 4/19/2012, 8:39 am

This thread reminded me that I have a "camp kitchen" that we seldom use anymore in the shed that has a sink, shelves---oo, ooooo, Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter!!!!!!

Gonna go shed diving today!! Will post pics........

Judy
obrdrln
obrdrln

Female Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post  CindiLou 4/19/2012, 11:24 am

showed hubby...he says we still got a sink in the old camper that we are scrapping out! I is gonna get and outside sink!
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/19/2012, 11:49 am

doneal, you better hide...you've caused a lot of honey-do lists to get longer! LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Unmutual 4/19/2012, 2:42 pm

doneal wrote:
Unmutual wrote:Hah, I bought a plastic utility sink 2 weeks ago for the exact same purpose. I plan to have the water drain on to the compost piles, with the excess naturally flowing to the banana plant.

How much was it, I want another one, so if it's less than building one, I would just buy it. Also who sells them?

I bought mine at Lowes for about $30. It came with legs and it might be this one. I'm unsure how well it will hold up to the sun, but for $30, it's a cheap experiment.
Unmutual

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post  gwennifer 4/19/2012, 4:17 pm

Here's an idea for a new forum contest - someone come up with an SFG related project that Boffer hasn't already done! Razz
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/19/2012, 4:46 pm

gwennifer wrote:Here's an idea for a new forum contest - someone come up with an SFG related project that Boffer hasn't already done! Razz

lol!
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Female Posts : 862
Location : Lake City, (NE) FL; USDA Hardiness Zone 8b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 4/19/2012, 4:58 pm

someone come up with an SFG related project that Boffer hasn't already done!

Hysterical! I ain't a gonna happen. Boffer's thought of 'em all.
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  ericam 4/20/2012, 12:10 am

You guys have reminded me about the sink I have under the house. When we redid our kitchen (10 years ago!) we kept the old sink and I had plans for a potting table/sink and it never eventuated. Might have to dust those plans off and put it on my 'honey do' list!
ericam
ericam

Female Posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next